Josh Reynolds 'sick in the stomach' over prospect of leaving Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most games its hard to even tell if Moses is even out there its that embarrassing.
Lol you will have better luck convincing Kasiano to stick to a paleo diet than winning a debate with the president of the Mbye fan club

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had most of the ball on Friday night and he ended up with zero (0) try assists and a singular PASSION TRY.

Senior half who plays like a 16 year old pulled out of SG Ball, time is up its too late for redemption, see you later Joshy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If mbye was signed to play halfback for the next 4 years then im sorry mate he is not delivering
But was he? He never played halfback in the lower grades and our team wasn't structured around a traditional halves pairing as Des had other ideas. Des might be trying to change things now but he has already made the mess.

But yes just completely ignore my argument and come back with a shitty statement. I will make it really simple and ask you to answer this question.

If Moses played thursday night in Reynolds place behind our most dominant display from our pack in a very long time and alongside a half that done everything for you and just left you to run, do you think Moses can then generate an equally as good or better performance in terms of pure points as Reynolds did? So score or assist a single try?

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy to keep him if he changes his value. He has to be realistic about it. He's not blessed with skill and he's not an organiser who gets us around the park. He is either a 6 ONLY with a genuine half next to him or a number 14. He's not built up enough not has the passing game for hooker. 300 a 350 k max with salary cap increase. Unfortunately for him....
Surely he's worth 500k.

I never hated the bloke but at times he can make me squeeze my own testicles out of frustration.
And as much as it kills me I just don't see him delivering us a premiership specially in the 6 jersey.

If licchaa the dud earns 300k a year
And Moses the flop earns 750k a year surely Reynolds is worth 500k a year.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But was he? He never played halfback in the lower grades and our team wasn't structured around a traditional halves pairing as Des had other ideas. Des might be trying to change things now but he has already made the mess.

But yes just completely ignore my argument and come back with a shitty statement. I will make it really simple and ask you to answer this question.

If Moses played thursday night in Reynolds place behind our most dominant display from our pack in a very long time and alongside a half that done everything for you and just left you to run, do you think Moses can then generate an equally as good or better performance in terms of pure points as Reynolds did? So score or assist a single try?
To answer your question honestly in my opinion i don't think mbye would of had as much impact as reynolds did against the broncos. And the only reason i say that is because i think mbye has really gone missing in games and hasnt been dominant in any game since around round 10 or 11 last year around when origin started.
So im not convinced he would of played the same or better against the broncs.
But please dont get me wrong i like mbye as a footballer and i think his true position is a hooker not as a half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To answer your question honestly in my opinion i don't think mbye would of had as much impact as reynolds did against the broncos. And the only reason i say that is because i think mbye has really gone missing in games and hasnt been dominant in any game since around round 10 or 11 last year around when origin started.
So im not convinced he would of played the same or better against the broncs.
But please dont get me wrong i like mbye as a footballer and i think his true position is a hooker not as a half.
And i strongly disagree with that. I have no doubt he would of had a hand in atleast a single try against the broncos in the exact same conditons and provide Brenko with clean ball like he did against the Warriors when given the chance. Obviously they are just opinions and we will never know.

Now next question...why did Moses have more tries, try assists and over double the line break assists as Reynolds last season if he isn't suited to the halves? Do these things mean nothing? Both he and Reynolds played the same role on either edge. Reynolds was the senior half yet he didn't act like it imo, so why does he get a free pass? If Reynolds wore the 7 and Moses the 6 would that change your view?

Yes i agree Moses would go well at hooker and it might even be his best position. I still think he could be a very good 5/8 in the right environment though. For me he is a hooker or 5/8 and nothing else.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And i strongly disagree with that. I have no doubt he would of had a hand in atleast a single try against the broncos in the exact same conditons and provide Brenko with clean ball like he did against the Warriors when given the chance. Obviously they are just opinions and we will never know.

Now next question...why did Moses have more tries, try assists and over double the line break assists as Reynolds last season if he isn't suited to the halves? Do these things mean nothing? Both he and Reynolds played the same role on either edge. Reynolds was the senior half yet he didn't act like it imo, so why does he get a free pass? If Reynolds wore the 7 and Moses the 6 would that change your view?

Yes i agree Moses would go well at hooker and it might even be his best position. I still think he could be a very good 5/8 in the right environment though. For me he is a hooker or 5/8 and nothing else.
I think our biggest problem is in the forwards and that includes our no.9
I'm sure mbye will be back in the 7 next week if lichaa isn't injured so hopefully the forwards can lay a good platform and then we can see if mbye can stamp his authority on the game. As a true bulldog supporter i hope he does

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Reynolds is a game player , an opportunist who can pull a try out of thin air or kick a winning field goal.

Mbye is an under developed halfback and is counteractive to our go forward. He's cost us many a game.
He hasn't even played another role in first grade that I'm aware of and so wheres the logic in giving him preference over someone else who's an established player like Reynolds? Its just hate talking

I blame mbye almost as much as I blame des for the downward spiral of our team.

He put his hand up declaring he was an 800K halfback knowing full well he's a dud and in effect has deprived our team of the most important induvidual player on the field.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately all it shows is that we still have heart, which has never been questioned...

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm happy to keep him if he changes his value. He has to be realistic about it. He's not blessed with skill and he's not an organiser who gets us around the park. He is either a 6 ONLY with a genuine half next to him or a number 14. He's not built up enough not has the passing game for hooker. 300 a 350 k max with salary cap increase. Unfortunately for him....
If the cap goes to 10mil then 300k is a bit pathetic...500k with a job after retirement

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think our biggest problem is in the forwards and that includes our no.9
I'm sure mbye will be back in the 7 next week if lichaa isn't injured so hopefully the forwards can lay a good platform and then we can see if mbye can stamp his authority on the game. As a true bulldog supporter i hope he does
Our biggest problem is the direction Des took the club. He decided he knew better than everyone else and and took us in one dorection when the game was headed in a totally different one. He didn't work on developing our halves all round game, he didn't work on our forwards running lines, he didn't work on many setplays, etc. Frawley will be in the 7 next week without a doubt.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our biggest problem is the direction Des took the club. He decided he knew better than everyone else and and took us in one dorection when the game was headed in a totally different one. He didn't work on developing our halves all round game, he didn't work on our forwards running lines, he didn't work on many setplays, etc. Frawley will be in the 7 next week without a doubt.
Hope you're right about Frawley being in the 7 jersey next week

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like turning the ball over on the last.. that was so innovative that so many other teams adopted it lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like turning the ball over on the last.. that was so innovative that so many other teams adopted it lol
Now it's the short drop out lol.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now it's the short drop out lol.
I actually don't mind that tactic.. for 1 is actually positive rather than negative for once and for 2, we defend the goal line better than from 20 or 30 out..

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Head in the clouds?? He has proven he can not win a comp as a player in a key position - twice! He is the only common denominator in both GF loses to play in our halves. Fact!

I've followed this club for 40 years champ and I've seen a lot of players with passion and let me tell you Josh Reynolds could stand side by side with any of these guys and not look out of place. I love the guy, but facts are facts. He can't steer us to win a comp and hence, does not justify his asking price.

If your happy to see us continue to stumble into the top 8, maybe make. GF day or 2, but not have the big time player to win the thing in the halves, then good luck to you. Not good enough for me mate, as a dogs fan I want and expect comps!

Thanks for telling me I have no idea though...
He won Origin. Any player can win a comp with the right players around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.