Josh Reynolds 'sick in the stomach' over prospect of leaving Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only player that stands out here is Lockyer because he played in this era and is a future immortal . I'd even suggest that Fittler deserves to be considered as afuture immortal too.
But i have no doubt if reynolds played back when Lamb and Lewis and Kenny was playing he'd be just as good , back then was a different game and Reynolds would fit right in with the roughness and toughness of that Era
Ok, so just to be sure we are having the same argument, you believe we should be keeping Reynolds and his asking price is fair, because my whole argument is that I'd "like" to keep Reynolds but not on marquee type money. Nowhere near the 800k he is reportedly chasing.

If you think that, then fair enough, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys have got to read my argument properly

I don't solely blame him, but the fact is he was playing in the spine in 2 loses.

I'm saying he doesn't justify that money, that money you spend on guys to win you a comp.

I'd love for him to stay, but for us to build a team capable of winning a comp, you can't pay him anywhere near 800k.
What kind of a sample size is this? 2?
I hope you don't work in market research or science with that outlook.

Fact if the matter is we made the grand finals twice (more than most) an underdogs in each. The fact we got there is just as good. In the day it's a flip. If you can get to the grand final you can generally win it. We were always the big underdog those years. You are literally splitting hairs

L

likeadoggy2

I feel sick in the stomach when I see him produce error after brainsnap like he should be playiing in his backyard

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of a sample size is this? 2?
I hope you don't work in market research or science with that outlook.

Fact if the matter is we made the grand finals twice (more than most) an underdogs in each. The fact we got there is just as good. In the day it's a flip. If you can get to the grand final you can generally win it. We were always the big underdog those years. You are literally splitting hairs
Sorry... I have no idea what you just said
Anyway, you think it's good to always be an underdog when you're in a GF (I think that's what you are saying???), then good for you champ. Hang in there lol

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem with Reynolds isn't that he can't kick. can't pass etc but its that he doesn't even play to his own strengths. If Reynolds would try and perfect his running game and play like he did on Thursday most weeks then I would be more than happy for him to re-sign but the matter of the fact is that he can be a passenger a lot of the time.

Reactions: GDR

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem with Reynolds isn't that he can't kick. can't pass etc but its that he doesn't even play to his own strengths. If Reynolds would try and perfect his running game and play like he did on Thursday most weeks then I would be more than happy for him to re-sign but the matter of the fact is that he can be a passenger a lot of the time.
IF Reynolds had a number 7 beside him who could control the kicking and general play then he would perform like he did against the Broncos more times then not, our problem is that Mbye cant do either because he is either playing out of position or bluffed his way to an absolute pay day by tricking us all into thinking he was the next big thing LOL

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier on this thread. If he doesn't want to leave the dogs he should consider dropping his "asking price". As fans we don't accept mediocrity and when we take our blue and white googles off Reynolds isn't even in the top 10 of halves in the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
IF Reynolds had a number 7 beside him who could control the kicking and general play then he would perform like he did against the Broncos more times then not, our problem is that Mbye cant do either because he is either playing out of position or bluffed his way to an absolute pay day by tricking us all into thinking he was the next big thing LOL
Moses can't do either? Then why did he score more tries, create more tries and create more try scoring chances than Reynolds last season?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses can't do either? Then why did he score more tries, create more tries and create more try scoring chances than Reynolds last season?
LOL ... as a half and some one who controls the team and general play you'd hope he did create more tries and try scoring opportunities then Reynolds its just a pity that Mbyes inability to be a dominant half has limited Reynolds and the majority of the team including our backline to dominate and play to their potential. Mbye is key to our lack of success.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sorry mate but if you think Reynolds was to blame for us not winning any of the 2 gfs then i agree that you don't have any idea too !

And for the record i too have supported the club for 40years
Reynolds was actually pretty tough and resiliant in the 2014 loss. He continuously kicked G.I into the corners... He missed Ennis big time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Passion bro
Aye. The defence that Reynolds didn't play alongside a real halfback and that stiffled his game is a shit argument unless you actually use it both ways. If they want to run with that argument then shouldn't they also argue that Moses' game was also stiffled playing out of position and not alongside a halfback?

The fact is that last season they both played similar roles on either edge of the field. Moses generated far more in pure points than Reynolds did despite their claim of him "going missing" or "doing nothing". That is a fact that they continue to ignore, they clearly underrate certain areas in Moses game.

Instead they claim we underrate Reynolds value and point to things like his "passion" or "effort", things that are very hard to measure and try to pump them up as high as possible to the point where they overvalue it and ignore a lot of other things. What about the stupid penalties that he gives away almost every game? Just last game the two dud penalties he gave away in the first half lead to both of the Broncos scoring plays.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aye. The defence that Reynolds didn't play alongside a real halfback and that stiffled his game is a shit argument unless you actually use it both ways. If they want to run with that argument then shouldn't they also argue that Moses' game was also stiffled playing out of position and not alongside a halfback?

The fact is that last season they both played similar roles on either edge of the field. Moses generated far more in pure points than Reynolds did despite their claim of him "going missing" or "doing nothing". That is a fact that they continue to ignore, they clearly underrate certain areas in Moses game.

Instead they claim we underrate Reynolds value and point to things like his "passion" or "effort", things that are very hard to measure and try to pump them up as high as possible to the point where they overvalue it and ignore a lot of other things. What about the stupid penalties that he gives away almost every game? Just last game the two dud penalties he gave away in the first half lead to both of the Broncos scoring plays.
Most games its hard to even tell if Moses is even out there its that embarrassing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Most games its hard to even tell if Moses is even out there its that embarrassing.
Yet he still scored more tries, more try assists and over double the line break assists as Reynolds. You do realise he is also only 1 of 2 Bulldogs players to be awarded MOTM this season in 5 rounds of footy despite being absolute useless according to some people.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Hard to fault him for his energy but seriously how much longer can this be used as an excuse?

Last edited:
Reactions: GDR

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok, so just to be sure we are having the same argument, you believe we should be keeping Reynolds and his asking price is fair, because my whole argument is that I'd "like" to keep Reynolds but not on marquee type money. Nowhere near the 800k he is reportedly chasing.

If you think that, then fair enough, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.
I don't beleive he is asking for 800k one thing I've learnt is you can't beleive the papers.
But in sayimg that

I don't beleive Reynolds is asking for 800k just because the papers are saying it. I'm sure we've all learnt not to trust the papers.
But in saying that lets put things in perspective. Kasiano is reportedly signed for 500k a season , Eastwood 350k a season , mbye reportedly sigmed for 3.2mill for 4 years and graham 700k-750k a year so if all these are true dont you think it sound about right that Reynolds who most of the time is one of the best in the ground should get more than mbye or should get around the same as graham ?
I think paying around 650k to 750k with that including 3rd party and car allowance would be more on the money. Just my opinion

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Im sick in the stomach of another 3 years of mediocrity

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier on this thread. If he doesn't want to leave the dogs he should consider dropping his "asking price". As fans we don't accept mediocrity and when we take our blue and white googles off Reynolds isn't even in the top 10 of halves in the game.
Name your top 10 5/8s please just curious

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

If mbye was signed to play halfback for the next 4 years then im sorry mate he is not delivering

Status
Not open for further replies.