Josh Reynolds 'sick in the stomach' over prospect of leaving Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate but if you think Reynolds was to blame for us not winning any of the 2 gfs then i agree that you don't have any idea too !

And for the record i too have supported the club for 40years
Who said solely responsible? I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth to suit your argument then insult me by saying I have no idea. Pathetic.

My argument is his asking price. The other 2 halves in the GF's, Hodkinson and Keating, are the running around for the Bulldogs on 6,7 or 800k nowadays - or ever?

If you think he deserves 800k a season then you would need to also be of the belief that he is THE half back we need to be focusing on as our focal point for the future. If you think he is that guy, justifying a Cooper Cronk or Thurston type salary then keep believing that mate - don't let me influence you

And before anyone throws the M'Bye money scenario or the Hunt and Chery-Evans scenarios at me, for the record
1) I don't think M'Bye justifies that money either and we have wasted good money there, and
2) I couldn't care less where other clubs waste their money

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol @ people blaming Reynolds for our Grand final losses.

without Reynolds we dont even make those grand finals.
You guys have got to read my argument properly

I don't solely blame him, but the fact is he was playing in the spine in 2 loses.

I'm saying he doesn't justify that money, that money you spend on guys to win you a comp.

I'd love for him to stay, but for us to build a team capable of winning a comp, you can't pay him anywhere near 800k.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reynolds re-signing would be up there with the Eastwood re-signing.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who said solely responsible? I didn't. Don't put words in my mouth to suit your argument then insult me by saying I have no idea. Pathetic.

My argument is his asking price. The other 2 halves in the GF's, Hodkinson and Keating, are the running around for the Bulldogs on 6,7 or 800k nowadays - or ever?

If you think he deserves 800k a season then you would need to also be of the belief that he is THE half back we need to be focusing on as our focal point for the future. If you think he is that guy, justifying a Cooper Cronk or Thurston type salary then keep believing that mate - don't let me influence you

And before anyone throws the M'Bye money scenario or the Hunt and Chery-Evans scenarios at me, for the record
1) I don't think M'Bye justifies that money either and we have wasted good money there, and
Every player you just named is a halfback champ ? They all wear the number 7 so please don't compare them to a number 6
A 5/8 plays a different role and Reynilds wears 6 mate just incase you haven't noticed

Mate every player you just named there plays in the number 7 ? Incase you havent noticed but Reynolds plays in the number 6 so comparing those halfbacks to a five eight is guess what pathetic lol

And do you know for a fact what Reynolds asking price is ? Or are you just getting your facts from a newspaper/tabloid ?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every player you just named is a halfback champ ? They all wear the number 7 so please don't compare them to a number 6
A 5/8 plays a different role and Reynilds wears 6 mate just incase you haven't noticed

Mate every player you just named there plays in the number 7 ? Incase you havent noticed but Reynolds plays in the number 6 so comparing those halfbacks to a five eight is guess what pathetic lol

And do you know for a fact what Reynolds asking price is ? Or are you just getting your facts from a newspaper/tabloid ?
good argument.
So a "5/8" isn't counted as being in your halves.... wow!!

You win

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If he wants to stay just take a pay cut and help your beloved team,
So we can get players in key positions.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Head in the clouds?? He has proven he can not win a comp as a player in a key position - twice! He is the only common denominator in both GF loses to play in our halves. Fact!

I've followed this club for 40 years champ and I've seen a lot of players with passion and let me tell you Josh Reynolds could stand side by side with any of these guys and not look out of place. I love the guy, but facts are facts. He can't steer us to win a comp and hence, does not justify his asking price.

If your happy to see us continue to stumble into the top 8, maybe make. GF day or 2, but not have the big time player to win the thing in the halves, then good luck to you. Not good enough for me mate, as a dogs fan I want and expect comps!

Thanks for telling me I have no idea though...
Seems to me that you're suggesting that we wouldn't win a GF if Reynolds was on the team playing at 5/8 ..... and i also get the impression that we lost those GFs because he was playing 5/8 instead of somebody else?
Sorry if I'm mistaken but that's what your post implies

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys have got to read my argument properly

I don't solely blame him, but the fact is he was playing in the spine in 2 loses.

I'm saying he doesn't justify that money, that money you spend on guys to win you a comp.

I'd love for him to stay, but for us to build a team capable of winning a comp, you can't pay him anywhere near 800k.
Yeah agree maybe he is not worth 800 ks but when you can pay 800ks to Mbye , then Reynolds too is worth 800ks given the cap is going up around 9 million,

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, filter, Wally Lewis, Lockyer, Brett Kenny, Lamb, Daley "wore" 6....

What do you reckon they'd be worth today, similar to what you think we should pay Reynolds??

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
good argument.
So a "5/8" isn't counted as being in your halves.... wow!!

Don't change your words now mate.
You mentioned 4 halfbacks that play are different role to a five eight which happens to be what Reynolds plays which also happens to be the players you're comparing Reynolds too ? Am i missing something ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah agree maybe he is not worth 800 ks but when you can pay 800ks to Mbye , then Reynolds too is worth 800ks given the cap is going up around 9 million,
And once again, Moses isn't getting paid 800k.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree, I actually mentioned that in my argument re M'Bye. He's not worth that on form and we have made a mistake there in my view, but that can't change the Reynolds arguement. In fact I think Reynolds is worth what M'Bye is worth, but neither are worth anywhere near 800k

Reynolds at 300k is a steal for us
Reynolds at 350k is probably fair
Reynolds at over 400k and we are wasting money we NEED for players capable of controlling g a GF AND winning you a comp

Again, I hope he stays at the dogs, just for a lot less than he's asking

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Totally agree, I actually mentioned that in my argument re M'Bye. He's not worth that on form and we have made a mistake there in my view, but that can't change the Reynolds arguement. In fact I think Reynolds is worth what M'Bye is worth, but neither are worth anywhere near 800k

Reynolds at 300k is a steal for us
Reynolds at 350k is probably fair
Reynolds at over 400k and we are wasting money we NEED for players capable of controlling g a GF AND winning you a comp

Again, I hope he stays at the dogs, just for a lot less than he's asking
Reynolds already earns over 400k with us and he signed that contract how long ago?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd keep Reynolds if we can get him 450 max.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For the record, filter, Wally Lewis, Lockyer, Brett Kenny, Lamb, Daley "wore" 6....

What do you reckon they'd be worth today, similar to what you think we should pay Reynolds??
The only player that stands out here is Lockyer because he played in this era and is a future immortal . I'd even suggest that Fittler deserves to be considered as afuture immortal too.
But i have no doubt if reynolds played back when Lamb and Lewis and Kenny was playing he'd be just as good , back then was a different game and Reynolds would fit right in with the roughness and toughness of that Era

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not changing my words pal, you blokes have changed the whole arguement.
5/8 is a key position- agree?
As such, you need to spend good dollars on a 5/8 that you think can get you over the line come crunch time - agree?

We are weak in the spine because we have overpaid already on M'Bye, but what can be done there now?

We need to save that type of cash for a big game - player capable of winning the comp.

You think Reynolds is that man, then good luck to you, I don't

I don't know how many times I've gotta say this, I'd like to keep him, but NOT for anywhere near 800k, you think otherwise, then THAT makes him and M'Bye 2 of our Marquee men, and if you think they should be, then kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.