Josh Jackson " Chicken Wing Tackle "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know where the doubt is. It's chicken wing 100%.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They let to many dogs off this year, they will take him out for a week
I can just feel it

Malla

Reaction score
Yes, I thought the same thing.
Thought the same thing seeing the game live. I think it was just the nature of the game though. Manly were chippy and Josh was a little reactive to it. He is young and surely will learn from the experience.

On the tackle. Nothing in it and will be a no charge.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
If Guerra only got a week for dislocating an arm in a deliberate twist then Starling getting a tad hurt from an accidental rollover incident shouldn't mean Jackson gets anything.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem is here we have people without grappling experience making decisions on grappling moves, or what the media calls grappling moves.

Anyone with a decent amount of training can tell you that wasn't a 'chicken wing' (where the arm is bent behind the back putting pressure on the shoulder) or even an arm bar (hyper extending the elbow). Jackson had a simple underhook which he was using to turn over the guy fighting to get to his belly.

Generally moves designed to hurt the arm need to hold near the end of the arm near the wrist to have the leverage to hurt the shoulder or elbow.

But the guts making the decisions and the comments in the media don't know that so expect him to get a week or two.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What is the actual rule on "chicken wing" tackles? Just curious on the wording of it.

Jackson is clearly only trying to put the guy on his back as happens in almost every tackle, the arm never was put outside it's natural range of motion, and he wasn't trapped.... he did simply roll over at the end of the tackle. So, what exactly constitutes a chicken wing tackle?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is here we have people without grappling experience making decisions on grappling moves, or what the media calls grappling moves.

Anyone with a decent amount of training can tell you that wasn't a 'chicken wing' (where the arm is bent behind the back putting pressure on the shoulder) or even an arm bar (hyper extending the elbow). Jackson had a simple underhook which he was using to turn over the guy fighting to get to his belly.

Generally moves designed to hurt the arm need to hold near the end of the arm near the wrist to have the leverage to hurt the shoulder or elbow.

But the guts making the decisions and the comments in the media don't know that so expect him to get a week or two.
Also he had Tank on top of him so it was hard for him to pull out from a tackle like that, its just the nature of things are when people are fighting to break off in tackles.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon minimum 1 week with early plea. The fact that he twisted him made it worse. The NRL are really trying to stamp this out.

I hope I am wrong, we are going to need him, especially with Penrith getting Docker back

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only thing that MIGHT save him is that Josh didn't follow through with the tackle, he lets go of the arm before the tackle was completed.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I heard he had 67 carry overs? If that is the case there is no way he avoids a week.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he misses panthers game who replaces him on the bench???
I think reni takes his place because Lloyd perret will be back. and I heard that des wants tim browne to play but he has to pass one more test. tim browne has been training but has to undergo one more test.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think reni takes his place because Lloyd perret will be back. and I heard that des wants tim browne to play but he has to pass one more test. tim browne has been training but has to undergo one more test.
Would love and need Tim back for next week.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Shouldn't have even been a penalty..but he'll get a week because the media maggots have a story on it on every ****ing site.

Status
Not open for further replies.