Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Never had a job interview and I’m 35
Prolly will never have one, so can’t help one bit lol
Are you a labourer on cash money? Haha.

My last job interview went like this.
Yep don't need to read your resume, you got the job because I like the look of you.

Here's a full time contract and a casual contract.
Take your pick or toss a coin.
Haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yep don't need to read your resume, you got the job because I like the look of you.

Haha
I know someone that holds a high position for council and he told me they don't even do interviews sometimes, they legit just look at a resume and then ring the person to let them know they've been accepted for the role lol. Said it's an absolute joke because morons that can't even do the most basic of jobs get picked up or rock up drunk/high. Told him it sounded awesome and to out my name on the list :tearsofjoy:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Haha

the beauty of manual work... you really just need to show that you're keen and are a "good bloke".... I remember when I was a teenager I went to an interview for a construction job in a suit with jacket and all... haha... matey got a shock :tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know someone that holds a high position for council and he told me they don't even do interviews sometimes, they legit just look at a resume and then ring the person to let them know they've been accepted for the role lol. Said it's an absolute joke because morons that can't even do the most basic of jobs get picked up or rock up drunk/high. Told him it sounded awesome and to out my name on the list :tearsofjoy:
An old girlfriend used to work in HR for Arab Bank eons ago. She used to tell some great stories about candidates rocking up for interviews in tracksuits, or with their mothers in tow. So, that might be an opportunity for a slacker like yourself.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
An old girlfriend used to work in HR for Arab Bank eons ago. She used to tell some great stories about candidates rocking up for interviews in tracksuits, or with their mothers in tow. So, that might be an opportunity for a slacker like yourself.
Na I'm not that bad, I mean I rocked up to a fucking Bunnings interview as kid in a full suit. The dude interviewing me was wearing an apron and eating lunch lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Na I'm not that bad, I mean I rocked up to a fucking Bunnings interview as kid in a full suit. The dude interviewing me was wearing an apron and eating lunch lol.
You can't really overdress for a job interview though, even at Bunnings.

Did you get the job? I'd like to work there just for the access to the snags.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can't really overdress for a job interview though, even at Bunnings.

Did you get the job? I'd like to work there just for the access to the snags.
Yh true. Na I didn't, still cut about it all these years later..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not the greatest guy by any means but I'm definitely not a dumb fuck.

I get told by a lot of people they value me and think I'm a good guy with a good head on my shoulders.

Thing is even though I hear this from many different people.
I don't believe them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you shop at Mitre 10 instead? Shame that Masters is no longer...
Still go there if I need to, the one I applied at moved locations so no flashbacks when I drive by.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t want to brag or anything but I’ve got all my jobs that I wanted. I’ve aced all my interviews haha.

I do come very prepared, depending on the position I would always create at least a 5 page presentation deck all about me and walk them through it. They fucking love.

This does a few things
1. Shows you’ve prepared
2. Dedicated and want the job otherwise you wouldn’t prepare the presentation
3. Shows your ability to present shit to an audience
4. You were thoughtful with the content in the presentation
5. You’ve taken over the interview not them
6. They will engage and ask you questions along the way (maybe)

That’s my secret. And I bet the candidate before or after you didn’t do the same. Stay ahead and stand out from the rest.

However, this method is properly more for the corporate world. Maybe not worth it for a position at McDonald’s.

If anyone wants tips or whatever happy to give some advise. Shoot me a PM

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Council workers get paid pretty poorly too. I applied for a job at a council once, and the pay was about 25-30% less than what I was earning at the time doing the same level type of work for NSW Government. The Feds usually get paid less than State Government employees too, and are way harder to get into. They want your life story before they even look at your application.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t want to brag or anything but I’ve got all my jobs that I wanted. I’ve aced all my interviews haha.

I do come very prepared, depending on the position I would always create at least a 5 page presentation deck all about me and walk them through it. They fucking love.

This does a few things
1. Shows you’ve prepared

That’s my secret. And I bet the candidate before or after you didn’t do the same. Stay ahead and stand out from the rest.

However, this method is properly more for the corporate world. Maybe not worth it for a position at McDonald’s.

What's a "presentation deck"?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's a "presentation deck"?
A created presentation typically you'd use Power Point from Microsoft office to create one. Also known as a presentation deck/slides or whatever.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A created presentation typically you'd use Power Point from Microsoft office to create one. Also known as a presentation deck/slides or whatever.
I see - so a slide show.

I can see how that would work in certain situations I guess.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

This does a few things
1. Shows you’ve prepared

damn I had my Macca's presentation all set up and ready to edit until I read that last bit

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
damn I had my Macca's presentation all set up and ready to edit until I read that last bit
haha well, honestly you still can and i can assure you that you'll stand out from the rest.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
See I'm more into Project Management and stuff, however of all the job interviews I've been to, all bar one had any of those facilities available for me to use. I think it's a risky move asking them to bring a projector or something into a job interview.

The one where I did do a presentation was (ironically) for a council job in which they advised me I would be required to do a presentation as part of the interview.