Job Interview Advice

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another truth post.

Organise for the interview to be before work or after work. The new employer will value that you respect your employment . If you take a sickie it says to the interviewer your dodgy as you will then take sickies on them

For God sales get a haircut and shave any silly beards off. Look neat and tidy, no that's showing or piercings etc.

Wear some new shoes and wear something that takes their attention. It could be that 1% difference that leaves an impression

Tell the interviewer what you can do for them, how are they going to benefit from having you

Interview them also, sometimes they are selling a role that continually sees people leave, what happened to the incumbent? How did this role become available

Speak well, clearly and make solid eye contact

Ask about next steps and what is a likely start date

Please have a hair cut get rid of that ridiculous pony tail

Send a follow up email to the interviewer or agency to thank them for their time

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Organise for the interview to be before work or after work. The new employer will value that you respect your employment . If you take a sickie it says to the interviewer your dodgy as you will then take sickies on them

For God sales get a haircut and shave any silly beards off. Look neat and tidy

Wear some new shoes and wear something that takes their attention. It could be that 1% difference that leaves an impression

Tell the interviewer what you can do for them, how are they going to benefit from having you

Interview them also, sometimes they are selling a role that continually sees people leave, what happened to the incumbent? How did this role become available

Send a follow up email to the interviewer or agency to thank them for their time

and by all means, NO MAN BUNS...

nah seriously though, great stuff Blue_boost... knew you had in ya

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See I'm more into Project Management and stuff, however of all the job interviews I've been to, all bar one had any of those facilities available for me to use. I think it's a risky move asking them to bring a projector or something into a job interview.

The one where I did do a presentation was (ironically) for a council job in which they advised me I would be required to do a presentation as part of the interview.
Certified PM @Wahesh ?

A

Alexander the Great

Do you throw in a cheeky dick pic mid way through your slide show just like in the movie fight club?
A created presentation typically you'd use Power Point from Microsoft office to create one. Also known as a presentation deck/slides or whatever.

A

Alexander the Great

Would you suggest me covering up my M.E.O.C neck tattoos or will that give me edge in my interview?

For God sales get a haircut and shave any silly beards off. Look neat and tidy, no that's showing or piercings etc.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and by all means, NO MAN BUNS...

nah seriously though, great stuff Blue_boost... knew you had in ya
Im definitely wearing a man bun to my next interview. Theres this bloke who wears a man bun and he'll get payed a million dollars this year for sitting on his arse and doing fuck all. Its a win win.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Certified PM @Wahesh ?
I have a certification in "Introduction into Project Management" which has given me some minor projects to work on earlier on in my career, but this is my first full-blown project role where I'm part of a bigger team.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a certification in "Introduction into Project Management" which has given me some minor projects to work on earlier on in my career, but this is my first full-blown project role where I'm part of a bigger team.
Cool! Where do you study this course?
Any plans to take PMI exam?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Cool! Where do you study this course?
Any plans to take PMI exam?
The course was offered in house (by an external facilitator) in one of my previous jobs. Basically, there was an agreement between my employer and I that if they offered me the job, I would go on this course. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

As for PMI, nothing on that scale yet at this stage, but I suppose the same thing applies. If it's on offer, I wouldn't say no.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well I've got an interview however this one will be over Microsoft teams/Skype. Do I wear a suit and tie? Seems kind of pointless as I'll be in my makeshift office at home.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't really overdress for a job interview though, even at Bunnings.

Did you get the job? I'd like to work there just for the access to the snags.
100% correct with what you said, you can’t overdress for interview. First impressions always count. I remember going for a job and it came down to me and another guy. I wore pants and and nice collared shirt. He rocked up in jeans and a tshirt. I got the job.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I've got an interview however this one will be over Microsoft teams/Skype. Do I wear a suit and tie? Seems kind of pointless as I'll be in my makeshift office at home.
Dress as if you were interviewing in person (at least from waist up).