Official Jeral Skelton - Beast!!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
♨Gus’ rugby convert stuns for Dogs♨
From Fox Sports

Phil Gould’s rugby union convert has turned out to be an astute buy for the Bulldogs with the 23-year-old centre proving to be handful in New South Wales Cup.

The Bulldogs have found a real gem in rugby union convert Jeral Skelton. The 23-year-old, who joined the club mid-season, scored in the Dogs’ win while also getting a linebreak, 14 tackle busts and 219 running metres. It comes after he scored two tries in the first 10 minutes the week prior.

Football manager Phil Gould has since revealed that while Skelton has been playing in the centres, he’ll also be trialled in the second row too.

Bailey Biondi-Odo and Jackson Topine were instrumental in the Bulldogs’ comeback on Saturday. Biondi-Odo set up three tries, got two linebreak assists and ran for 119 metres. He also slotted a field goal in what we can assume is practice ahead of finals.

Topine was his usual hardworking self, scoring a try, setting up another, getting two linebreaks, a linebreak assist and running for 136 metres. The second-rower also came up with a one-on-one steal and made 24 tackles with just one miss.

Attachments

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt it great to read about good young players coming through. Those who have made debuts in NRL and the young guys doing well in NSW cup. The future is looking better and it shows what was missing in the last 5 plus years. Need depth and encourage the young guys..and keep them signed.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor was down for 4 errors. 1 was really a backwards pass which was a referee error & another was when he went up for a bomb & tried to knock it back unsuccessfully, but the other 2 were straight out of his playbook. I noticed he wasn't very emotional during the game - very stoney faced. No expression when he made a mistake & didn't seem to get excited at tries. Is he OK?
Sounds like him. Par for the course.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling if Waddell is suspended. He’ll make his debut.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling if Waddell is suspended. He’ll make his debut.
Given there is no NSW Cup this week - and accepting he is still not match fit etc - i can't see much downside with giving him 10 or 15 minutes from the bench - Patolo played less than 10 minutes last week and Morrin similar week before.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the rules around finals eligibility for NSW Cup and games played in the NRL? Being that he hasn’t played many NSW cup games the ratio if that’s how it works would be no good.

I cannot see Skelton coming in if this jeopardised his chances of being available for CUP finals.

I also don’t think he is signed beyond this year so exposing him to a potential big pay rise wouldn’t be good either.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Chuck him at left centre just to watch him run over gayguy every run

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Skeltons gonna be a weapon for us. Give him the rest of the year in cup work on his game then get a good preseason in push for a spot in rd 1 2023. Hopefully we can stay top 4 in nsw cup make the semis this year. The experience would be invaluable for our boys.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has to debut for sure strong, hard runner, decent speed how’s he defensively ?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isnt it great to read about good young players coming through. Those who have made debuts in NRL and the young guys doing well in NSW cup. The future is looking better and it shows what was missing in the last 5 plus years. Need depth and encourage the young guys..and keep them signed.
Not even a year with Gus and we already look future proof

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love Skelton's potential and want to see him get a run in the last four games but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses a bunch of tackles and is targeted in defence when he plays. In attack, he's a wrecking ball. In defence he still has a lot of work to do.