Official Jeral Skelton - Beast!!!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I only watched parts of it but he looked like a black Eric Grothe Snr. I'll watch it all later, but he has the POTENTIAL to be a VERY fine pickup by P.R. Gould. This is what I have been saying for years. Look for players outside the box; look in rugby union - any country, look in island nations, hell even look at NFL players that have been rejected (except Greg Smith). There are players out there. It's like looking for gold but you will pick a nugget up here & there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I only watched parts of it but he looked like a black Eric Grothe Snr. I'll watch it all later, but he has the POTENTIAL to be a VERY fine pickup by P.R. Gould. This is what I have been saying for years. Look for players outside the box; look in rugby union - any country, look in island nations, hell even look at NFL players that have been rejected (except Greg Smith). There are players out there. It's like looking for gold but you will pick a nugget up here & there.
We should raid the Fijian Union. Big, strong and fast.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m only watching it now. Skelton just went over in the 50th minute as I seen this thread. He’s a powerful man. 6 tries in 16 minutes so far loving the game.
Shout out to topine aswell he’s having a cracker.
Okunbitch is still shit

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Skelton so far:

Round 17 vs panthers: 8 runs, 76m, 5 tackle busts in 21 minutes

Round 18: 19 runs, 189m, 10 tackle busts, 2 tries 2 line breaks in 80mins

Round 19: 14 runs, 239m, 1 try 1 line break, 15(!) tackle busts in 80mins

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should raid the Fijian Union. Big, strong and fast.
The club had a "blog with the boss" thing when Raelene was at the club & I suggested Fijians. She said that we weren't touching them because they ALL get homesick. Apart from generalising & racism, that was a dumb statement as we have seen by other clubs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Skelton is freakishly talented, to be able carry and fend with both arms at ease like you mentioned is special. His athleticism is also special, he doesn't just fend players away with his strength but actually pushes away from them and maintains balance. When he made that line break late in the game he literally used a defender to shift his momentum and accelerate away from him, absolutely toying with the defence.

I'm going to assume he can play left centre also, just imagine him pushing away from defenders and then flicking the ball away to JAC to take advantage of all the space he created. Throw Kikau into the picture too and that's the most lethal edge in the comp.