Jayden Okunbor

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His meterage off at the start off sets towards the back end of last year were massive. Walks into Cotrics spot in my team...

Gotta say though we probably have the shittest defensive backline in the comp.

Naden cant tackle
Fox cant tackle
Schoupp is only good head on
Okunbor and Dufty no hopers.

Bit worrying actually...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like you always wanted to play football, but you were never picked because you were utterly useless!!
Anyone that ever plays fg is at least a hell of a lot better then anyone that ever dreamed of it and never did.
The amount of blokes that critique fucken haircuts in here amazes me I'm half balding I'm jelly of a full mane even mullets!! why gaf really? Nitpicking bitches :laughing:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okunbur has always had potential but he isn't a FG player. He makes decent metres sometimes and can make some athletic plays but he has horrible hands, has zero footy awareness and rushes in defensively for no reason all of the time.. He also plays at half pace and turns and chases slower than any other winger.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually still reckon he was that dynamic line breaking second rower we have been missing. He could of filled the role we have bought Kikau to play. With Jayden the questions have always been his ability to finish, doesn’t get down low and his decision making in defence. Both of those problems disappear if he plays back row

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you always wanted to play football, but you were never picked because you were utterly useless!!
Anyone that ever plays fg is at least a hell of a lot better then anyone that ever dreamed of it and never did.
That's been my philosophy; but over the past few seasons, I was beginning to think that I could pull on a pair of boots and be more use on the field.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor makes bulk metres. More than most in the comp. We can finesse the rest of his game. He’s already shown that once he strings a few games together consecutively then he is a beast.

actually nah let’s go back to safe centres and wingers. Welcome back Montoya and Holland woooo

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor makes bulk metres. More than most in the comp. We can finesse the rest of his game. He’s already shown that once he strings a few games together consecutively then he is a beast.

actually nah let’s go back to safe centres and wingers. Welcome back Montoya and Holland woooo
Don't worry about finesse it is his awkwardness that allows him to play the way he does.
Just teach the kid to realize how big his body is and how to use his hands properly so he can catch and hold on to the damn ball.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

In what world was montoya safe

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mace can you have a word to him mate ....or get Louie Mortimer in to go thru some vids with him.

Needs more aggression and determination...then could be the real deal with his flaws worked on.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbur has always had potential but he isn't a FG player. He makes decent metres sometimes and can make some athletic plays but he has horrible hands, has zero footy awareness and rushes in defensively for no reason all of the time.. He also plays at half pace and turns and chases slower than any other winger.
That is an excellent summary - an athlete yes footy player not so much - he did improve the last few games though.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see how he goes as a wide running backrower defensively he gets caught out on the wing