Jayden Okunbor

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to see how he goes as a wide running backrower defensively he gets caught out on the wing
He played quite a bit of "wide running backrower" on the way up, but my assessment was that he didn't thrive on the "heavy duty" stuff that a 2nd rower has to put in, hence the move to wing.

Always a Bulldog

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played quite a bit of "wide running backrower" on the way up, but my assessment was that he didn't thrive on the "heavy duty" stuff that a 2nd rower has to put in, hence the move to wing.

Always a Bulldog
H e also played front row and centre - the same issues regardless of where he was played - arm grabber, poor handling, poor reading in defence, slow to react. It was always about his "potential"

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Okunbor has always had potential. He is just now starting to realise that potential.
Success relies heavily on self belief. He is now starting to believe he can be successful.
He's big enough, he just needs to show he's good enough.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Okunbor has always had potential. He is just now starting to realise that potential.
Success relies heavily on self belief. He is now starting to believe he can be successful.
Agree. If he can stay injury free and get some consistent games under his belt then I think this year is make or break

He has shown glimpses of good....and glimpses of bad

He is definitely a big body and I think that alone is what helps him make metres etc, but if he could just find that bit of extra mongrel and aggression to really try to stampede over defenders and hurt them in the contact then he could be alot more effective.

Whether he has that in him...I guess we will find out

If he can find that extra edge I'm hoping that by playing with alot better players around him will help him improve any deficiencies he has

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having a full preseason this time around gives him his best chance,and no excuses not to reach his potential. He has a few deficiencies, but there aren't many players or people who don't.

mountain_dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree. If he can stay injury free and get some consistent games under his belt then I think this year is make or break

He has shown glimpses of good....and glimpses of bad

He is definitely a big body and I think that alone is what helps him make metres etc, but if he could just find that bit of extra mongrel and aggression to really try to stampede over defenders and hurt them in the contact then he could be alot more effective.

Whether he has that in him...I guess we will find out

If he can find that extra edge I'm hoping that by playing with alot better players around him will help him improve any deficiencies he has
Maybe get Matt Utai to teach him a thing about agression. He totally dominated, and is nowhere as big.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reckon he will go ok/improve more in 22.NO doubt(and I've seen a few already)the piechuckers are getting their ammo ready ...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The amount of blokes that critique fucken haircuts in here amazes me I'm half balding I'm jelly of a full mane even mullets!! why gaf really? Nitpicking bitches :laughing:
It’s not aerodynamic and it’s probably dirty.. Get a haircut Oko ya grub...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not aerodynamic and it’s probably dirty.. Get a haircut Oko ya grub...
It's cool marn not sure he is but the dreds I'm ok with..probably sprays some shit on to keep it clean.
Maybe JAC will talk him into a change but ill be happy if he is FG quality now we're down a winger and he may well be needed.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor makes bulk metres. More than most in the comp. We can finesse the rest of his game. He’s already shown that once he strings a few games together consecutively then he is a beast.

actually nah let’s go back to safe centres and wingers. Welcome back Montoya and Holland woooo
He should also be in a very much improved team with players inside him with more ability than he has ever had before. That alone will make him better.