Official Jarryd Hayne Guilty

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Legal systems fucked pedo priests getting away with the worst crimes known to man

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If most of the evidence boils down to he/she said, this is what usually happens. What little evidence there is that appears to be objective ends up carrying the weight of whatever decision the judges make.

Bottom line is the judiciary will ask itself, "are we certain a crime happened". They usually don't end up taking character or mitigating circumstances into account.
  • Mr Hayne's legal team appealed, arguing Judge Helen Syme gave the jury "flawed" directions
  • The appeal was also based on inconsistent evidence, the legal team said

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
  • Mr Hayne's legal team appealed, arguing Judge Helen Syme gave the jury "flawed" directions
  • The appeal was also based on inconsistent evidence, the legal team said
The inconsistent evidence is really a matter for the jury. The directions are a fuck up

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hayne has a history a for being this sort of guy.

Not the first time he has been in court for something like this.

The judge on this case who heard all the evidence said in her sentencing statement:

"The reliability and honesty of the victim's evidence was tested at length and in my view, her reliability was not in doubt. She said no several times,"

"The use of force was such that the victim had no prospect of stopping him physically.

"He was at least twice her weight at 100 kilograms and an athlete at the top of his form."

Seems like a pretty definitive summation.

People with money can keep throwing lawyers at their problem until one of them can find a loophole.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hayne has a history a for being this sort of guy.

Not the first time he has been in court for something like this.

The judge on this case who heard all the evidence said in her sentencing statement:

"The reliability and honesty of the victim's evidence was tested at length and in my view, her reliability was not in doubt. She said no several times,"

"The use of force was such that the victim had no prospect of stopping him physically.

"He was at least twice her weight at 100 kilograms and an athlete at the top of his form."

Seems like a pretty definitive summation.

People with money can keep throwing lawyers at their problem until one of them can find a loophole.
Hayne is a **** but the legal system is set up this way to help everyone, including you and I. If the judge has made her mind up and influenced the jury before the verdict then there should be a retrial. Hayne may be guilty but what if she (the judge) did the same to the next person and they didn’t have the money Hayne does?

There is a system in place, the judge has a job and she needs to maintain her integrity.

I’m sure Hayne will be thrown back in the cell in due course, but it needs to be done the right way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hayne is a **** but the legal system is set up this way to help everyone, including you and I. If the judge has made her mind up and influenced the jury before the verdict then there should be a retrial. Hayne may be guilty but what if she (the judge) did the same to the next person and they didn’t have the money Hayne does?

There is a system in place, the judge has a job and she needs to maintain her integrity.

I’m sure Hayne will be thrown back in the cell in due course, but it needs to be done the right way.
Help everyone or help the ones that can afford the best bullshiters AKA lawyers?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Help everyone or help the ones that can afford the best bullshiters AKA lawyers?
Those who can afford the best of the best in any field will always benefit more than most but the system allows for these types of cases to bring attention to certain issues and set precedents moving forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really feel sorry for the girl and her family to have to go through all of this again and to try and find more money for legal fees for a retrial.

Based on the evidence and facts we know of, It seems pretty apparent that Hayne is guilty and only won this because of legal technicalities that his lawyers exploited.

Hopefully when this is tried again, there's no doubt about the process and Hayne will be thrown back in jail. I won't hold my breath that will happen though as it's hard to have faith in the legal system.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
They are liable to say we can't afford it, don't want the trauma of talking about it again, he has spent some time in gaol so that is good enough for us and it will all be over. What's that old saying, we have a legal system, not a justice system.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"The girl" isn't paying for anything in monetary terms, the Public Prosecutor is, which means you and me and all the other tax payers. As far as her personal wellbeing and mental health is concerned of course she is paying.

Always a Bulldog

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With a little background in this area I can only say... don't be surprised if hayne has this whole thing overturned

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hayne is probably at home now, dusting off the cobwebs from his dick after nine months.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bombshell twist in sexual assault case against ex-NRL star Jarryd Hayne

There has been a bombshell development in the case against former NSW superstar Jarryd Hayne.

Hayne may not face a third sexual assault trial, with a court hearing prosecutors were considering whether to drop the charges against him.

Hayne was on Friday expected to learn when he would face a jury again after having his convictions overturned on appeal earlier this week.

His lawyer Ramy Qutami appeared before Sydney’s Downing District Court where it was anticipated that a retrial date would be set.

However, prosecutor Isha Fay told the court that the Director of Public Prosecutions had not yet decided whether a third trial would take place.

“This matter is listed for mention following a decision by the Court of Criminal Appeal,” Ms Fay told Judge Chris O’Brien on Friday afternoon.

“The crown at this stage is still considering its position in relation to a retrial.”

The matter was adjourned for a fortnight.

Mr Qutami also told the court that he would make an application for any trial to be held in Newcastle.

Hayne walked out of Cooma Correctional Centre on Tuesday after having his sexual assault conviction quashed by the Court of Appeal.

The ex-NFL convert served nine months in prison after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting a woman at her Newcastle home on NRL grand final night in 2018.

His first trial in Newcastle in late 2020 resulted in a hung jury.

However, following a second in March last year, a jury found the former Parramatta Eels fullback guilty of two counts of sexual assault.

Hayne has consistently maintained that the sexual acts he performed on the woman were consensual.

The Court of Appeal on Monday quashed his conviction and ordered he face a retrial.

His barrister Tim Game argued that the jury was given directions that were “flawed in almost every possible way” before they were sent to deliberate.

He also successfully appealed that the judge made an error in allowing a piece of evidence.

Judge O’Brien on Tuesday granted him bail and several hours later he walked from Cooma Correctional Centre in southern NSW in time to celebrate his 34th birthday with his family.

He was bailed on the condition he forfeit $20,000 within seven days and report to Merrylands Police Station three days a week.

Interesting, why are the prosecutors considering dropping the third trial? Is it due to not having a strong case and the alleged victim might just consider a civil case in the hopes that it gets settled out of court? Someone with legal knowledge, please share.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I am surprised by this, but he is going back to trial..
Me too but think his appeal was based more on a technicality than lying Police & unreliable witnesses like De Belin’s trial. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke