I quit smoking

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m attempting to quit smoking for good starting today.
I don’t think I’m addicted to smoking?
I think it’s more the habit and ritual of doing it, which is addictive?
Different for everyone, for me I had it both ways.

1st time was in 2006 - cold turkey, no cravings and this was after about 5 to 6 years at a almost pack a day. Was about 6 months, something happened and I picked the habit because I had a brand new pack from my carton left.

2nd time was in 2014 - tried a vape which was new at the time, the motion of it did nothing and I was addicted to the nicotine. Had withdrawals and sleepless nights, and only recently have I stopped dreaming about smoking which made me feel like shit when I woke until I realised It was a dream.

Have heard takes about 10 years for the nicotine to leave the body, I was smoking more than a pack a day for a long time.

At the moment I'm only 14 hours without smoking.

I don't really have any urge to want to smoke at the moment.
Hoping it stays that way?
Depends how many times you used to smoke a day, if you had big gaps between you might not feel it to later or may not feel it at all. For your sake I hope you don't get the withdrawals, wouldn't wish that on anyone.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha assuming most of that was sleep?? It’s the habit to though like ya said. Having one for the sake of it. That’s harder I reckon. Cravings are meant to go quicker than people think
They say its 3 days, felt longer for me.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I gave up 5+ years ago after several decades of smoking, I tried champix, but It didn't help, I rang the quit line for some advice but they didn't have answers, honestly what use are they.

I made the conscious decision not to replace one habit with another, so I also gave up drinking. My GP also challenged me to also lose weight at the same time, I managed to lose 5kg in the first few months. and kept it off to date.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I did manage to kick the ciggies and then found out recently that i have lung disease at 30 years old.

Anybody reading this please quit the shit before you end up fucked like me.
Shit mate sorry to hear that. Is it fixable??

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So I did manage to kick the ciggies and then found out recently that i have lung disease at 30 years old.

No disrespect bro but this is why you should never go to a doctor. 100% of people who visit doctors die.

Boom tish....

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit mate sorry to hear that. Is it fixable??
Thanks mate. Nah it's not fixable, just gotta deal with it
No disrespect bro but this is why you should never go to a doctor. 100% of people who visit doctors die.

Boom tish....
I agree. Never been to a doctor and had good news. Last time I went to a doctor they found a tumour and had to take a rib haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Nah it's not fixable, just gotta deal with itI agree. Never been to a doctor and had good news. Last time I went to a doctor they found a tumour and had to take a rib haha
Are you Marilyn Manson? ;)

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Pretty sure my wife had that too when she passed going by the look on the doctor and nurses faces as they looked at the scan

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

How many packs did you smoke a day bro?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The hardest thing for me is downtime at work, way to tempting to duck out anytime I like for a smoke and I do.

If I wasn't working it would be easy to quit

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The hardest thing for me is downtime at work, way to tempting to duck out anytime I like for a smoke and I do.

If I wasn't working it would be easy to quit
I was the same. Never really smoked at home. If you wanna quit then stop making excuses for yourself