I quit smoking

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today marks 2 weeks off the darts cold turkey and maybe my hundredth attempt at quitting. I was a pack a day smoker for the past 10 years and finally had enough.

Surprisingly I haven't really had any cravings, but I think that might be due to me getting back in the gym and keeping my mind occupied.

I know it's only early days but this time feels different.
Good on you. The best thing you can do for your health. Unfortunately in my family I’ve lost about 4 family members to cancer caused by smoking. Keep going, well done.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never tried it but a lot of you guys talking about vaping but I read it's not good for you either?

Health Depts especially worried about teenagers taking it up in big numbers.
The BS being spread about Vaping in this country is about money and nothing else, since vaping has come on the scene the government has lost over 5 BILLION in tobbaco tax revenue, other countries like the UK have introduced vaping into their healthcare systems as a healthier alternative to tobbaco. I don't smoke or vape but this government is making people turn back to tobbaco for no other reason than money.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The BS being spread about Vaping in this country is about money and nothing else, since vaping has come on the scene the government has lost over 5 BILLION in tobbaco tax revenue, other countries like the UK have introduced vaping into their healthcare systems as a healthier alternative to tobbaco. I don't smoke or vape but this government is making people turn back to tobbaco for no other reason than money.
100% mate. This isn’t your standard nanny state overreaction. Coincidentally there will be a 15% tax increase to tobacco too hmmm

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% mate. This isn’t your standard nanny state overreaction. Coincidentally there will be a 15% tax increase to tobacco too hmmm
What's a packet worth these days anyway ? Last time I smoked they were about $18.00.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What's a packet worth these days anyway ? Last time I smoked they were about $18.00.
I’m not sure, I’ve never smoked but guessing triple that or close to it?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
And they are "disguising" it all by going for the "think about the children" routine. It's a joke that they are fully banning recreational vaping. It's definitely going to push people back to smoking cigarettes, no ifs or buts, including the "vaping teenagers" that they so care about.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic. What other useless info about your life can you share? Why don’t you take a picture of your lunch and Tell us about that. I am just going upstairs to rub one out in anticipation of what’s to come.
You’re an angry man

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic. What other useless info about your life can you share? Why don’t you take a picture of your lunch and Tell us about that. I am just going upstairs to rub one out in anticipation of what’s to come.
Ok Nasheed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So what exactly are they planning to do with vapes?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Make possession of them illegal instead of just selling them. I’m not sure who enforces that though. It’s not very well thought out haha
What a bunch of fuckwits...

It's all about tax so why not just keep them and tax them?

Or is that too logical for the dumb fucks "running" the country?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What a bunch of fuckwits...

It's all about tax so why not just keep them and tax them?

Or is that too logical for the dumb fucks "running" the country?
Maybe they just don’t want to upset the tobacco companies. It’s pretty pathetic and clearly not about health