I am proud of the boys performance today...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may have intended sarcasm. but some of those guys played their hearts out today, and deserve recognition for remaining competitive under assault from the in-form Bunnies.

When you're down, the ball bounces the wrong way, knock-ons by the opposition go unnoticed, and blatant thuggery by the opposition goes unpunished.

The ref watches a struggling side; and is ready to swoop on any tired player too slow to release, which only compounds the problem.

Inexperience means young players miss opportunities that look obvious to us from the stands.

When you're up to your necks in the swell, you have to deal with the next wave - you cannot see the tsunami, six waves back.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
all you guys slagging the coach and the club arent real supporters

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well said seat sniffer, you are one of the few postive posters on the site

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think they deserve for any of us fans to be proud given that scoreline

Hetherington was definitely much better. Flanagan better than last week but still not good enough. Ogden better. Atoni still disappointing. Allen better. Cotric worse. Katoa's x 2 average. Hopa average. Meaney slightly better than average. Waddell and Britt crap along with Stimson. Napa a waste of oxygen. Topine keen but too small.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't think they deserve for any of us fans to be proud given that scoreline

Hetherington was definitely much better. Flanagan better than last week but still not good enough. Ogden better. Atoni still disappointing. Allen better. Cotric worse. Katoa's x 2 average. Hopa average. Meaney slightly better than average. Waddell and Britt crap along with Stimson. Napa a waste of oxygen. Topine keen but too small.
We found a gem in young Topine. Let's at least celebrate a brilliant game from him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at the troops Manly have in their roster. They should have scored at least 30. They had the possession, and the ref on side.
In comparison, the Dogs are streets ahead. When we finally click, we will be a devastating side.
I'm hoping so too. Watching the match today I was a bit annoyed that we kept running on the last in attacking positions. Was painful to watch that when I could clearly see that we were running into a wall of defence and a grubber or other short kick would be better option. But the ref threw spanners into the works a few times outside of that too. Not only with things that only he saw, but with things he conveniently missed.

At the end of the day the effort looked good though. A few players in particular were very fired up and if they can inspire that from the rest of the pack around them and we learn to finish off fries I think we'll look a hell of a lot better by the end of the season.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping so too. Watching the match today I was a bit annoyed that we kept running on the last in attacking positions. Was painful to watch that when I could clearly see that we were running into a wall of defence and a grubber or other short kick would be better option. But the ref threw spanners into the works a few times outside of that too. Not only with things that only he saw, but with things he conveniently missed.

At the end of the day the effort looked good though. A few players in particular were very fired up and if they can inspire that from the rest of the pack around them and we learn to finish off fries I think we'll look a hell of a lot better by the end of the season.
Yep. We are going through a very hard start; up against all the top sides, with our inexperienced and injury ravaged team.

When we come out the other side, we will have been forged from the fires of hell.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly can score... we cant
True, however, comparing the two squads, Manly has the better side. Factor in our injuries & suspensions, effort wise we are a better side regardless of the fact we can’t score.
Manly look like a side that doesn’t care.