I am proud of the boys performance today...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa has to be the worst buy since T-Rex.
I think he is much worse. The problem with Trex is he had the potential to be the most damaging player in the game . He had the attributes of Kikau. So any poor performance was criticised heavily but he played the odd good game. Napa is one of the highest paid props in the NRL and has no impact in defence or attack. Plays little minutes and is much better at making sex tapes then football

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, we are not as bad as Manly.
Bottom line is, half the squad are not first grade material.
We’ll really see how good a coach Baz is in the next month..
Art Vanderlay, I agree. Up to 15 new players in 2022, most of the plodders Britt, hoppa, katoa katoa, napa, ogden etc will be gone. Doesn't help for this year though. We have about 6 players who might get regular starts elsewhere. No coach is going to be successful with this squad. Would b nice to score a try or two.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant handle it much more, er slump...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't think they deserve for any of us fans to be proud given that scoreline

Hetherington was definitely much better. Flanagan better than last week but still not good enough. Ogden better. Atoni still disappointing. Allen better. Cotric worse. Katoa's x 2 average. Hopa average. Meaney slightly better than average. Waddell and Britt crap along with Stimson. Napa a waste of oxygen. Topine keen but too small.
What game were you watching? Flanagan better? Atoni disappointing?.. lol.. ok

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worse I reckon. Trex had his moments. Napa has been fucken shit since day 1
Trex's problem was that Des was trying to use him as a 60 minute-player where in reality he was only 30 minute per game player. Also he had a blinder, the one game he played at halfback, arguably a better halfback than one we have right now.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one bright side of the floggings. Put some on 13+ on the other team and get some money back each week.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is one bright side of the floggings. Put some on 13+ on the other team and get some money back each week.
No money in the 13+ against us.. the line was 21.5 this week....

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have intended sarcasm. but some of those guys played their hearts out today, and deserve recognition for remaining competitive under assault from the in-form Bunnies.

When you're down, the ball bounces the wrong way, knock-ons by the opposition go unnoticed, and blatant thuggery by the opposition goes unpunished.

The ref watches a struggling side; and is ready to swoop on any tired player too slow to release, which only compounds the problem.

Inexperience means young players miss opportunities that look obvious to us from the stands.

When you're up to your necks in the swell, you have to deal with the next wave - you cannot see the tsunami, six waves back.
You're right plus it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Everyone knows our side is crap especially the ref. If we're slow to release the player we get penalised. If they're slow to release our players it's ok with the ref because it's expected that we're crap and we're not supposed to score.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no more 1-12, 13+ anymore? Tells you how old school I am.
Lol yeah there is .. but the price was really short @ 13+.. @ -21.5 storm were only paying $1.90..

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no more 1-12, 13+ anymore? Tells you how old school I am.
You can bet on any outcome these days, but the line represents an even money bet (less 10% bookie commission) so a line of -21.5 means a 13 plus loss would pay substantially less 1.90.
I am anticipating a similar line for next week

Reactions: GDR

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the troops Manly have in their roster. They should have scored at least 30. They had the possession, and the ref on side.
In comparison, the Dogs are streets ahead. When we finally click, we will be a devastating side.
Can someone please clone Turvey, Baa, Cement, Kelly and Big Willie and put them straight into our team. They'll carry the team and turn us into top 4.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can bet on any outcome these days, but the line represents an even money bet (less 10% bookie commission) so a line of -21.5 means a 13 plus loss would pay substantially less 1.90.
I am anticipating a similar line for next week
I'll rather put around the 13 mark to get the higher certainty. Teams may get bored after they put a few tries on us and we make fluke a few tries in return.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all you guys slagging the coach and the club arent real supporters
No you're wrong, it's because we are real supporters that we slagging the coach & the club, we've been witnessing the decline of the club for years now and It's getting worse & we've had enough so we are venting our anger here on the kennel, if we didn't love the club as much as we do we couldn't have cared less and would not be wasting our time slagging our beloved club.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No you're wrong, it's because we are real supporters that we slagging the coach & the club, we've been witnessing the decline of the club for years now and It's getting worse & we've had enough so we are venting our anger here on the kennel, if we didn't love the club as much as we do we couldn't have cared less and would not be wasting our time slagging our beloved club.
I wasn’t serious mate

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll rather put around the 13 mark to get the higher certainty. Teams may get bored after they put a few tries on us and we make fluke a few tries in return.
I am not a betting man, but logically you get the best value from 13 plus bets when the line is large by using them in multis

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me it looked like souths weren't really trying in the first half..but I'm probably not right in regards to that but it did look that way to me,
Barret and the commentators seem to think we played well in the first Half to make it a tight contest..