Hypothetical If Tolman re-signed

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the thought of resigning Tolman makes me sick in the stomach. Nothing personal against him as I'm sure his a lovely fella. But we need to move on. His been our starting prop since 2011 ffs. Including this year it's been 10 fucking years lol. I can't believe we have sat though Tolmans powder puff hit ups for 10 years. No wonder the fan base is miserable. Deadset his like a girlfriend you can't get rid of. I can't handle another hit up from him let alone a contract extension. Please Barrett put us out of misery it's been 10 years. Another season of powder puff hit ups will just kill most fans.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he can be captain of reserve grade team

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a positive, I have not heard or read anywhere that we are in contract talks with him - I see this as pretty self explanitory.

Thanks TOL MAN for your service and commitment over the last several years - but it's time to move on, the end is here.
Goodluck and I wish you all the best in the future.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
A thread dabbling in the murky world of hypotheticals.

Let's say that tomorrow the club re-signs Tolman for two years..... but on close to min salary. 150k.

Takes up a spot in our top 26, but doesn't affect the cap.

How would y'all feel? If it came to fruition, I'd believe it would likely be depth backup. Just to consider.
Another troll thread.

You crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if Tolman would sign for anyone for a minimum contract. He could get a lot more from another NRL club and even more from an ESL team. Either way I can't see him being re-signed.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to say but because he's a senior they will resign him I hope I'm wrong .

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here.

Let's say that tomorrow the club re-signs Tolman for two years..... but on close to min salary. 150k.

How would y'all feel? If it came to fruition, I'd believe it would likely be depth backup. Just to consider.
By the start of next season he will be almost 33 yrs old,as we have seen this year especially,with the six again rule,he has really struggled,mind u he hasn’t been the only one, a great club man,maybe 1 year contract on minimum wage,coming of bench.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t want to see Tolman getting in the road or taking crash plays at the line for another year. But for the rest of this year I would like to see the dummy halves and the halves tell him to get the f**k out of the way!
I don't know why they don't just use him as a decoy. They do with Thompson plenty of times. In the last game last year they actually did it by accident maybe. Heaps of times in the opposition 20 Tolman ran and they never passed to him - and we won that game by a decent score.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No place for tolman at the club anymore. I’m sure his experience would be great to younger guys. And his professionalism would rub off on some blokes.

But guy has had it as a nrl player. Not that old. But has taken so many hit ups on the 4th over his career that he is only firing on 3 cylinders.

Also with the re-signing of Elliot I think he takes tolmans spot in the pack and his money. We need youth and dynamic players moving forward. The role of the plodder is long gone. Napa is already draining our stocks dry. If we could somehow get rid of him we’d be a much better team in 2021 with 1 more decent middle to go with either toomaga/Ogden and Thompson.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How confused is the team going look when someone needs to take it up on the fourth, or touch the ball 3 times inside the opposition 20? If we don’t sign Tolman!

Tolman when pleading his case to be resigned - “who else will take the ball up on the fourth?”

CEO: looking confused... “how much were you after?”

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no way Tolman will be re-signed. He's even coming off the bench now. It's evident to the human eye Tolman is finished in the NRL and has become a hindrance so much so that you wouldn't even offer him a minimum wage contract. The game has moved past him (still more valuable than Napa tho...).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
In a positive, I have not heard or read anywhere that we are in contract talks with him - I see this as pretty self explanitory.

Thanks TOL MAN for your service and commitment over the last several years - but it's time to move on, the end is here.
Goodluck and I wish you all the best in the future.
I have a good memory and recall an article from late June or early July where Tolman himself says they are in negotiation.

Edit: I found it. The quote was;

'Tolman has been a workhorse for the Belmore club. Talks about extending his time at the club beyond this season have already begun. A new deal for Tolman would fall under the long-serving player allowance.'

edit edit:
I think this wasn't the one I recall because it didn't come from Tolmans mouth like I remember. I'm a busy guy so can't keep looking, but never the less you've seen proof they want to sign the guy.

Last edited:

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: hey nasheed , have you watched fight club? I wanna fight you!! You are a silly sausage so far cooked even onions and sauce couldn’t save you . Talk unto you soon bro. Keep on keeping on ...... and be cool like us

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here.

I'm not sure he'd stay for that sort of money - more likely to get better currency in the ESL, where he might be more effective.
He would be a solid back up; but would you want him on the bench for every game? Can't see him staying otherwise.