Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't found a winner all day, might save it for Monday now.
Yeh mate sometimes it pays to put the cue in the rack..
I had the first 4 numbers at Randwick too, i got the tri which only paid $100 but had Savoury in the 3rd box as well..still if you bet novelties too often your gonna lose so I don't do F4's much at all..
So am going ok after the Kings pisspoor effort.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh mate sometimes it pays to put the cue in the rack..
I had the first 4 numbers at Randwick too, i got the tri which only paid $100 but had Savoury in the 3rd box as well..still if you bet novelties too often your gonna lose so I don't do F4's much at all..
So am going ok after the Kings pisspoor effort.
The cue is definitely racked. Heading to Queanbeyan races with the kids on boxing day so I'll have another go then.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And an amber ale or four too mate.

Like another one at Randwick today just wish it wasn't up against this particular favourite that Jmac rides.
R7 Jojo Was A Man, his run 3rd up was a cracker when they smashed the clock, Jones had to hunt him up to get on speed so a better jump would be good, I reckon this horse is ready to win today and with 3 scratchings already the smaller field suits too.
Just one bloody hurdle is this Democracy Manifest character who was super good winning also in slick time over 1400 on the same day, quinella or a box exactly on these two could be a good shout too.

Happy Xmas eve punting(and beers)to those dabbling.

**Edit JoJo is in R7 lol.
Thanks for the tip save my day

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be having a bit each way on Sydney race 4 number 3 Suprina and race 6 number 13 Military Mission.
Suprina - if she can get across from barrier 7 she'll be tough to run down.
Military Mission - Should get the run of the race from barrier 4 and will run a strong 2000m.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
been tipped explosive truth at ballina and city regal at pinjarra today

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Melted in the sun?
Almost smartass lol an elevated temperature..will fight another day but the selfjonah is alive and well..

Might struggle to run a place in a decent field but one at very big odds R6 Sandown High and Dry could run a race sit off the fairly warm speed and maybe have enough to run a drum.

Now in R7 Randwick I like Nickelback(not the band they suck major balls)right down in the weights, probably pretty short now haven't looked.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
been tipped explosive truth at ballina and city regal at pinjarra today
Not to rain on your mail but City Regal will need to either ping or get over and stalk the pacemakers, the grandstand(outside)barriers are generally an advantage down the straight smallish field helps a little.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Almost smartass lol an elevated temperature..will fight another day but the selfjonah is alive and well..

Might struggle to run a place in a decent field but one at very big odds R6 Sandown High and Dry could run a race sit off the fairly warm speed and maybe have enough to run a drum.

Now in R7 Randwick I like Nickelback(not the band they suck major balls)right down in the weights, probably pretty short now haven't looked.
Oh no..sorry..Keep us in the loop when running again.. i enjoy the races!

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll be having a bit each way on Sydney race 4 number 3 Suprina and race 6 number 13 Military Mission.
Suprina - if she can get across from barrier 7 she'll be tough to run down.
Military Mission - Should get the run of the race from barrier 4 and will run a strong 2000m.
I’m on grandslam in the 6th at Randwick

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JoJo Was A Man butters up in R6 at Randwick tomorrow, he will run a big race but i have 2 queries..the 7 day back up he hasn't done it before and one opponent Steely the fav who is well and truly due(have a look at his form behind a star in Nugget).1 of the 2 wins on paper the fav more likely but I can see JoJo right there fighting out the finish..should be a cracking race.

Two races later and Dehorned Unicorn should be winning, is way down in grade and beaten by a group horse in waiting last time..no spoils on the price at 2.90 but a shortpriced winner is better than a long priced loser.

Finally, R9 Kettle Hill just wins have a look at a replay on Racing.com or similar of his debut Australian start, it was an enormous run and this runner comes from the Maher/Eustace juggernaut..kaching!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like the quick back up worked, cheers for the tip

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JoJo salutes again $5 fixed I got, Steely was disappointing though was a notable drifter.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like the quick back up worked, cheers for the tip
Well and truly too good wasn't he, had no trouble at all backing up.Steely raced like its had enough that run wasn't on par with recent efforts.