Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve been away this week and only had one bet, Belsielle in Hobart @$18 :hearteyes:
All shortish odds but I backed 4 winners from 4 bets at Te Rapa today..and was about 20 seconds too late in backing Bossons winner in the last race for what would have been a five banger!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nice mate. I was up a bit until I just won on Irish songs now I’m very very happy haha

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Blue army tri on the weekend?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been away for a bit got a fat multi with 2 legs of blue army in it last Sat.

Leg 1.Blanc De Blanc Place

2.In Secret Place - got lucky there it just fell into 3rd.

3.Anamoe Win

And leg 4 was the flying Think About It who was never going to lose.

Tonight i had the Storm at the line of -1.5 in a SGM, thought I was toast when it went to golden point Thanks Harry for scoring a meat pie! xox

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shocking crash at Wagga today in the harness racing today .. in the mid field on the turn into the straight one of the horses fell to its knees..than the rest ploughed in to it..carnage ensued.. I was watching it.. It really was frightening to witness..one driver easily went 10 foot in the air..horses rolled over..amazing all horses were ok. Below is a little piece on the injuries....we forget sometimes just how dangerous racing is of any form..

Daily Telegraph

One harness racing driver has lost consciousness for a minute while another was injured in a collision at the Riverina Paceway in Wagga Wagga.

Sam Turner

Two drivers have been taken to hospital after suffering injuries in a collision at a harness racing event in Wagga Wagga.
Paramedics rushed to the Riverina Paceway event about 1.50pm on Friday in Cartwrights Hill to reports multiple riders were injured during a race.
NSW Ambulance Inspector Eamonn Purcell said two riders at the trots collided during a race, with a man in his 60s suffering a head strike.

Inspector Purcell said this resulted in a loss of consciousness for a minute.

“This patient has also suffered suspected neck, spine and chest injuries,” he said.

“A second patient, in his 40s suffered a suspected ankle injury.

“Both patients were taken to Wagga Wagga Base Hospital in stable conditions.”

Riverina Paceway said on Facebook drivers Rodney Coelli (Heza Starman) and Maurice Johnson (Irish Speed) were taken to hospital following the incident in race three.

Drivers Blake Jones (Irish Speed), Neil Day (Gundary Irene) and Doug Hewitt (Itz Blackjack) were also involved but were cleared to resume their scheduled drives.

All horses were unscathed during the accident.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good multi legs tomorrow to choose from..no spoils their all favourites and pretty short

Jacquinot - Win

Aft Cabin - Place

Red Resistance - Place

Learn To Fly - probably Place

Imperatriz - Win

And the best bet anywhere probably(although it keeps shortening sadly some won't back odds on which it is now..but I do)is Sharp N Smart in the NZ Derby at Te Rapa.

I got 2.20 all in on Tuesday, only bad luck could beat him he is a weapon.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be wary of having 2 legs with 2 y.o horses involved I'll choose one only, probably Learn To Fly.

I got burnt by one 2yo several weeks back then watched every other fn leg win...(and the big cat only needed to run a Place too!)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anthony Albanese won the 8th at Randwick and fucked my streak like the country

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mine too. I smashed Eduardo too so not the best day footy or punting
BB roots to come for me
That will probably fuck over me also

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a great day but I made a point of writing down in my notes to "make more money out of Sharp N Smart" ..which I did.Had to bet up though he started 1.50 ffs .. and I might add the 2nd horse got reasonably close late..farrkk.

Still a rocky day up and down otherwise.

Note to Zac Purton ..fuck off you bastard, Imperatriz woulda coulda been great!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And if your a stayer have a punt or three on William Pike "drink what you like".Looks like he is back in WA permanently now.

Slow start yesterday then rode a treble, at Esperance on Sunday rode another 4 winners.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Means nothing unless it wins or places obviously but I got some nice overs for one in the Slipper on Saturday.Often worried about the Jonah effect so not going to spruik it hard, will just say a couple of Hail Mary's and give it strength.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't 100% worked out the biggest danger to him yet but I reckon Anamoe is vulnerable on Sat..absolutely can win but needs a bit of luck from the rubbish gate.
Also..Mo'unga should finally get back into the winners queue at Rosehill..but beware the Maher/ Eustace teams cup winner Gold Trip
And Alligator Blood possibly will towel them up at the concrete jungle in the All Star Mile.

With plenty of luck and a mini upset in the ASM Annabel Neasham could have a big to massive day.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had $10 e/w on 3

Had 3,6,9 trifecta 9 fell off at the end thought I had it.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought I was going to be rich 300 out

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion