Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see that fall in the Perth Cup? I've never seen a race abandoned mid way through.
The Group One Sydney Cup of 2017 at Randwick was called off in similar circumstances. It was re-run 2 weeks later as will the Perth Cup on the 14th of January.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wagga R5 tomorrow have my brother in laws horse running at odds. #4 Martiniontheside at $27.

Ran a trial last year where it missed the jump and ran on well to finish 5th. Been running very well in the paddock and this is a pretty shit field.

Danielle Seib thinks it can win if it jumps out with them. Worth a small EW ticket.
No good. She never settled after being held in the barrier for too long with 3 horses vetted.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My couple went average too, the results at Pinjarra were strange all day well nearly every one of the first 5 races were 3 heavily backed favs got rolled.
Regardless they went average, albeit I didn't really expect the first one to lead(it was still pretty plain late)OR the 2nd one to breeze ffs..plenty of winners came from off pace throughout the day.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahagoni R9 Rosehill, if the track gets upgraded to a soft 7 that would be good. $7

R4 Acromantula & R8 Buzzoom. Around 4.80 and 3.40 respectively, pretty confident Buzz will get the bickies..though both have the same apprentice on and he ain't no Zac Lloyd be aware.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mahagoni R9 Rosehill, if the track gets upgraded to a soft 7 that would be good. $7

R4 Acromantula & R8 Buzzoom. Around 4.80 and 3.40 respectively, pretty confident Buzz will get the bickies..though both have the same apprentice on and he ain't no Zac Lloyd be aware.
I haven't had a look yet but heading into the local races with the kids later, the young bloke even asked if we could go!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Magic Millions sales are on at the moment, some crazy spending there!
I've had it playing as background noise at work;

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Re run of the Perth Cup today, tips are Truly Inspired and i still give the roughie Holy Enchantment at 20s a chance..pretty open race hopefully run incident free after that poor horse had to be euthanised.
*jockey to blame got a 4 week suspension(I think)

Magic Millions race day is good too @Noeasyday, sit down in front of the tele with a good supply of piss and punt and watch while they race for huge prizemoney.
Tricky track the Goldy so I dunno how these will go been a bit miss more than hit and their big so tough fields but I tipped 2 roughies elsewhere that might go ok.
Early on R1 You'll Be Mist might run a big race has won 4 of her past 5 races and is flying.I've also backed horse no. 5 the favourite Ezkeil.

R3 Parry Sound has been specked little unsure on the jockey tbh but should get run of the race, just a case of getting clear in the fairly short straight.

My Racehorse have a 2yo in the big one and she is some chance too has drawn well, Infatuation.
Pretty open race this year and a couple of the favs have drawn a bit shitty.
In saying the track is tricky they do get more chance on a big day as the speed is generally on in most races..because their racing for said big bucks.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the 5 and 13 in they millions 2yo

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the 5 and 13 in they millions 2yo
I didn't realise it would be in the steady rain though! Soft7 and rail no good their already saying...
Good start though, the fav was way too good.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't realise it would be in the steady rain though! Soft7 and rail no good their already saying...
Good start though, the fav was way too good.
I haven't seen any racing today, family holiday out to Dubbo, been driving all day.
I'll have a crack at the roughy in the Ascot cup though

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gold Coast was a farce, meeting postponed after 2 races... #tracktotallyfarked.

Are you going to the zoo while your there mate?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah staying at the zoo tomorrow night. Should be pretty good, kids are excited and the missus seems reasonably happy (for now).

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm taking a detour after the zoo to out near Mudgee to see Naval Commision where he's spelling too.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

What a strange country we live in. Gold Coast abandoned because of rain, Melbourne races bought forward because of heat and and Adelaide races abandoned because of fucking tumbleweeds!!

I ended up with a fuckload of wasted $50 bonus bets and refunds when I was confident in a lot of bets :rage:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahagoni R9 Rosehill, if the track gets upgraded to a soft 7 that would be good.$7
Races again today in R4, it was a super run from well back last start.
Today is up in trip which should suit, Randwick is a much better track for making ground from the back and the third benefit is he meets the 2 horse 1.5 kgs better at the weights for a narrow 0.25l defeat last time.

Is $7 before a boost, again I think that's overs.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a strange country we live in. Gold Coast abandoned because of rain, Melbourne races bought forward because of heat and and Adelaide races abandoned because of fucking tumbleweeds!!

I ended up with a fuckload of wasted $50 bonus bets and refunds when I was confident in a lot of bets :rage:
Yeh I hear ya again..I had to keep an eye on the corp Betr due to the postponed meet, had a 5 leg multi that if my GC leg at least placed on Thursday at the take 2 meeting this meant I was entitled to a BB back(had already lost my winning chance due to a massive cat of a horse called Here To Shock last Sat folded up like a Chinese made deck chair :tearsofjoy: ).
Sure enough i had to jump on chat ask for it to be sorted(the shonks).

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have 5 other blackbookers but one Nerve Not Verve has no hope.
The other 4 aside from Mahagoni are

R8 Randwick Kettle Hill, needs to lift on last start..their trying him back at 1400 trust the trainer!

R10 Randwick Po Kare Kare was a booming winner first up.

R8 Camperdown Riot And Rose short but just wins.

R8 Ascot Buzzoom, also disappointing last start and needs to lift a bit W.Pike going on can't hurt.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m waiting for my paid tips to come in but Passeggiata in Randwick Race 5 is very popular. I might put a few dollars on Backrow too.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m waiting for my paid tips to come in but Passeggiata in Randwick Race 5 is very popular. I might put a few dollars on Backrow too.
Who do you use I was with reading the play started off great using $20 unit but went to shit