Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who do you use I was with reading the play started off great using $20 unit but went to shit
I’ve used a few mate but find cashkings best. I use the stakes system

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve used a few mate but find cashkings best. I use the stakes system
I might have a look, years(actually decades)ago I used to cop some tips(paid)from Simon Marshall..they weren't bad.

NAT I kinda hope you stayed away from that fav at Randwick, I was gonna say she can turn over a fav Rachel King, not one of my jocks at all(nor is fn Mcevoy)i can never catch her jags/roughies and imo can be quite iffy on one's under $3.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I might have a look, years(actually decades)ago I used to cop some tips(paid)from Simon Marshall..they weren't bad.

NAT I kinda hope you stayed away from that fav at Randwick, I was gonna say she can turn over a fav Rachel King, not one of my jocks at all(nor is fn Mcevoy)i can never catch her jags/roughies and imo can be quite iffy on one's under $3.
I did mate. Only put a little bit to cover my other bets

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cuban royal fuk he has been good to me

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From Albion Park trots today, notice the owners, patty carrigan also shares in the ownership of a horse with jake turpins sister the trainer, she is one of the leading trainers in qld, last seasons stats

Chantal Turpin7251571147583$1,357,859

THE WATERBOY NZ
Fr44Chantal TurpinPete McMullen$ 6.50 1
BLACK GELDING 5 by WASHINGTON VC USA out of CHENZIRA (NZ) ()
Owner(s): J A Turpin, K Staggs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canberra race 3 Martiniontheside is running again. If you would like to jump on, do it now at $26 because the owners will be putting some big bets on her and the odds will come in a touch.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Canberra race 3 Martiniontheside is running again. If you would like to jump on, do it now at $26 because the owners will be putting some big bets on her and the odds will come in a touch.
Did she hit the rail there at the top of the straight?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think so. She can't settle and doesn't seem to like company.
If she learns to settle she'll be a decent racehorse. Showed good early speed, just didn't settle, plus the baulk or whatever it was.
She's only 3 starts into her career so plenty of time for her to show something. If not, Scissorkick mares will have some broodmare value with Gigakick an Everest winner.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If she learns to settle she'll be a decent racehorse. Showed good early speed, just didn't settle, plus the baulk or whatever it was.
She's only 3 starts into her career so plenty of time for her to show something. If not, Scissorkick mares will have some broodmare value with Gigakick an Everest winner.
Just watched the report from the jockey and she did hit the rail. He said with the blinkers on she got agitated once the horses moved up behind her and stepped across into the rail. She will come good when she can settle

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like it still has some maturing to do, in the meantime they should get it to race wider away from other horses than on the rails if barrier draw allows..and take the blinkers off, winkers on perhaps...

I'm bullish about a couple tomoz fellas, all at Sandown(like a few elsewhere too)ASCOT has been moved to Sunday due to their heat policy.

First tip is in R7, getting a better price because it has drawn wide but Wrote To Arataki is smart and Matty Williams is good with above average gallopers.Nearly a 5 week gap so should be fresh and ping for Jamie Lee Kah.

Then R9 having great difficulty splitting St Lawrence and So you See..both were terriffic winners last time..and I backed them both so I have to stick!
The former has 60 and a wide gate but has also has had 6 weeks off since a narrow but dominant win with 61..just needs to get some cover or they may roll the dice and go forward, again is a smart galloper.
And S.Y.S for Cuz Moroney was very dominant too last time, has drawn better and has 57 mares in form stick with them is the theory

I'll be backing both to win a similar amount.
A boost on SL hopefully get $5 and see if I can get a boost elsewhere for SYS to maybe around 4.40..its very hard to split them as I eluded too at the start.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched the report from the jockey and she did hit the rail. He said with the blinkers on she got agitated once the horses moved up behind her and stepped across into the rail. She will come good when she can settle
Actually only just watched the replay didn't know it was leading..definitely has some issues raced unshod behind last time too I see?

If you guys have a spare minute(I'm shithouse at posting vids someone else can post it here if their keen to, please?)google "Marasco horse" and go to the third video down, watch it fn go and what happens about 100m out :grinning: ..he was a weapon of a horse and only just emerging at this stage of his career.
Great call too by Dmac our racecaller of much repute.
We called him the mighty M I bloody loved him.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope someone else got on Wrote To Arataki, a few did was 4.40 when I backed her sp'd 3.10 and goes BANG :hearteyes:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez I like that filly Of Annabel Neasham's Learning To Fly but it has drawn the fuggen carpark.

Looks smart and a top Slipper hope so they will need some luck this Saturday for sure.

I have my eye on about 4 gallopers to have a real crack at in a multi(probably with several place legs).She was to be one not 100% sure now...

Anyone wondering Jacquinot or I'm Thunderstruck in the C.F Orr, Mick Price leans towards the 3yo who is fitter and won first up..he could conceivably quinella the race.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yay I did it lol Here is the Marasco video I mentioned, was last when he started his run 200m later he was 8 in front. "wow look at him go" the Mighty M :hearteyes:

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I post a terriffic video(little biased)and it's crickets and tumbleweed in here wtf fella's :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Geez I like that filly Of Annabel Neasham's Learning To Fly but it has drawn the fuggen carpark.

Looks smart and a top Slipper hope so they will need some luck this Saturday for sure.

I have my eye on about 4 gallopers to have a real crack at in a multi(probably with several place legs).She was to be one not 100% sure now...

Anyone wondering Jacquinot or I'm Thunderstruck in the C.F Orr, Mick Price leans towards the 3yo who is fitter and won first up..he could conceivably quinella the race.
Thunderstruck trial was sensational.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve been away this week and only had one bet, Belsielle in Hobart @$18 :hearteyes:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Super duper win by this girl today, got stuck coursing very wide the trip.I love Annabel Neasham.
Runner up was maybe a bit stiff, I backed it too they could run the Slipper quinella next month.
Sounds like the jock that fell Aussie Tom is ok, thankfully.

Idk about Thunder first up from that gate Steve, it's possible he is good the stablemate has some advantages today tho.

Maddie for a place in Anamoe's race is Laws Of Indices, has been shit out of luck it's whole career in Aus and is well over the odds today imo.