Horse Racing & General Punting Superthread

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
at least he was able to get your horse out of the barriers, couldn't achieve it in the previous race
Yep, I wasn't filled with confidence after that.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Adrian Layt has been a fairly prolific country hoop in years gone by. He must be on the take nowadays
I knew the name but didn't know much about him. Hopefully just an off day and he's piloting a winner soon.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Naval Commission is going around again tomorrow, race 1 at Bathurst.
1400 is still short of his best, just want to see him show something and get some more education before going to the paddock.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Naval Commission is going around again tomorrow, race 1 at Bathurst.
1400 is still short of his best, just want to see him show something and get some more education before going to the paddock.
Good luck mate. What sort of odds would you rate it at? The big bookies haven’t put their markets out yet so will be interesting to see how your rating stacks up.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck mate. What sort of odds would you rate it at? The big bookies haven’t put their markets out yet so will be interesting to see how your rating stacks up.
It's a small field so he shouldn't be too far out, maybe around 7-1.
The stable-mate is the one to watch evidently

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He ran a nice 3rd yesterday. If he doesn’t miss the jump he might have even got the win.
Off to the paddock now for a well earnt rest.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
scone race 2 kikikapow is in my blackbook because it got held up at its last start at tuncurry, had to peel around the wall of horses and then flashed home

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have a look at a replay of R5 Scone today, and the horse that was running 4 or 5L last at one point...a 35-1 pop, you won't believe what happens.
My mate was on the 2.25 fav.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have a look at a replay of R5 Scone today, and the horse that was running 4 or 5L last at one point...a 35-1 pop, you won't believe what happens.
My mate was on the 2.25 fav.
That thing motored home

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit of Christmas cheer maybe with this horse running on Saturday, I've been following him for a reason that will be clearer in a minute.
King Of Clubs R6 Royal Randwick, an import who underachieved in 2 runs last prep so has had the kegs removed and ran a cracker first up over 2000m, I reckon he can win on Xmas eve second up and a few races after this too, up to what level is yet to be determined.

NOW the following horse I want to mention is
The Milkybar Kid a 4yo gelding..he is from the same stable(Waterhouse and Bott)and through My Racehorse a syndicator I have a very small interest in him.Didn't mention him earlier(i bought my stake in April)as I'm a believer in the Jonah or mock of ones self especially in matters of horses/punting haha.
It kind of worked though as in 5 runs through winter he won 3 of them and was a certainty beaten 1st up as well(he hung right off the track beaten a neck 2nd)..3 wins over 1600 - 2100 and hIs best win was the middle one over 1800 on soft ground, won really well that day.Heavy tracks were a hindrance he is better on slightly firmer ground though he got through the heavy OK his acceleration was stymied a bit.

He resumes on Boxing Day over 1500 R7 after a couple of trials and again races at Randwick, has 61kgs and drew the car park so all everyone will want is a good run and some cover hopefully.As he rises in trip i think he can be competitive(maybe similar to King Of Clubs)in Saturday grade just maybe moreso at 1800/2000 than 2400 but this is also to be determined by imo pretty decent trainers.
See how we go.

Just finally and this is not a sales plug at all but i have found the experience with My Racehorse a bit of fun plus it wasn't expensive, what you pay at the start is all you ever pay.Obviously they make money the distribution is all set out up front you decide if your happy.
Communication is good, if you're in the state you get the chance to do the proper ownership experience via a ballot etc..all in all not bad in case anyone was wondering what they're like.

Sorry for the novel length post future ones will be much shorter.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bit of Christmas cheer maybe with this horse running on Saturday, I've been following him for a reason that will be clearer in a minute.
King Of Clubs R6 Royal Randwick, an import who underachieved in 2 runs last prep so has had the kegs removed and ran a cracker first up over 2000m, I reckon he can win on Xmas eve second up and a few races after this too, up to what level is yet to be determined.

NOW the following horse I want to mention is
The Milkybar Kid a 4yo gelding..he is from the same stable(Waterhouse and Bott)and through My Racehorse a syndicator I have a very small interest in him.Didn't mention him earlier(i bought my stake in April)as I'm a believer in the Jonah or mock of ones self especially in matters of horses/punting haha.
It kind of worked though as in 5 runs through winter he won 3 of them and was a certainty beaten 1st up as well(he hung right off the track beaten a neck 2nd)..3 wins over 1600 - 2100 and hIs best win was the middle one over 1800 on soft ground, won really well that day.Heavy tracks were a hindrance he is better on slightly firmer ground though he got through the heavy OK his acceleration was stymied a bit.

He resumes on Boxing Day over 1500 R7 after a couple of trials and again races at Randwick, has 61kgs and drew the car park so all everyone will want is a good run and some cover hopefully.As he rises in trip i think he can be competitive(maybe similar to King Of Clubs)in Saturday grade just maybe moreso at 1800/2000 than 2400 but this is also to be determined by imo pretty decent trainers.
See how we go.

Just finally and this is not a sales plug at all but i have found the experience with My Racehorse a bit of fun plus it wasn't expensive, what you pay at the start is all you ever pay.Obviously they make money the distribution is all set out up front you decide if your happy.
Communication is good, if you're in the state you get the chance to do the proper ownership experience via a ballot etc..all in all not bad in case anyone was wondering what they're like.

Sorry for the novel length post future ones will be much shorter.
cheers mate, good luck

i was in a similar type thing about 20 years ago, i think we had around 10 horses and they all made money. We were lucky to jag a horse who won a group 2 and finished 2nd a in a group one, great fun

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
cheers mate, good luck

i was in a similar type thing about 20 years ago, i think we had around 10 horses and they all made money. We were lucky to jag a horse who won a group 2 and finished 2nd a in a group one, great fun
Thanks Steve, yeh i looked at a few so far happy with the choice like you said its just fun not necessarily going to make money off prizemoney but with selected well judged bets I might haha plus it's a thrill of sorts anyway.
Of course they promote a new one every few weeks but it's usually just an email "hey have a look at this etc"..not intrusive or repetitively flogging others.
They have a 2yo that ran 2nd in a million dollar group 2 at Rosehill last month, Bjorn Baker trains it..its last run wasn't so good though, can't bloody remember it's name atm. *Edit Infatuation is it

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, yeh i looked at a few so far happy with the choice like you said its just fun not necessarily going to make money off prizemoney but with selected well judged bets I might haha plus it's a thrill of sorts anyway.
Of course they promote a new one every few weeks but it's usually just an email "hey have a look at this etc"..not intrusive or repetitively flogging others.
They have a 2yo that ran 2nd in a million dollar group 2 at Rosehill last month, Bjorn Baker trains it..its last run wasn't so good though, can't bloody remember it's name atm.
yeh it is great fun and not a huge cost as you said.
i just sold one as the training fees were too much when they arent winning in the city you arent making money. After we sold it it then came out and won 3 races lol.
but at least i backed and won some cash and not having to fork out the training fees.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh it is great fun and not a huge cost as you said.
i just sold one as the training fees were too much when they arent winning in the city you arent making money. After we sold it it then came out and won 3 races lol.
but at least i backed and won some cash and not having to fork out the training fees.
Yeh i was speaking about that very thing to @Noeasyday a while back..I had a couple of 5 and 10 percenters ten plus years ago, training fees are killers with nothing coming back in(and we had a majority owner with 40% moaning daily), my 10%er unfortunately was no good and it got retired.
Still i had some wins it's a great thing overall and I bought in then fully aware it could go bad or not be profitable, shit happens so no regrets.
The all in cost ones suit me better these days..genuinely love horses and horse racing and the punt lol

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh i was speaking about that very thing to @Noeasyday a while back..I had a couple of 5 and 10 percenters ten plus years ago, training fees are killers with nothing coming back in(and we had a majority owner with 40% moaning daily), my 10%er unfortunately was no good and it got retired.
Still i had some wins it's a great thing overall and I bought in then fully aware it could go bad or not be profitable, shit happens so no regrets.
The all in cost ones suit me better these days..genuinely love horses and horse racing and the punt lol
I've just had one retired so my bills will drop a bit now.
One in the paddock til mid January and one just coming back into work now.
I'll look to get into another one mid year.
Great fun, love a day at the track and a punt.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And an amber ale or four too mate.

Like another one at Randwick today just wish it wasn't up against this particular favourite that Jmac rides.
R7 Jojo Was A Man, his run 3rd up was a cracker when they smashed the clock, Jones had to hunt him up to get on speed so a better jump would be good, I reckon this horse is ready to win today and with 3 scratchings already the smaller field suits too.
Just one bloody hurdle is this Democracy Manifest character who was super good winning also in slick time over 1400 on the same day, quinella or a box exactly on these two could be a good shout too.

Happy Xmas eve punting(and beers)to those dabbling.

**Edit JoJo is in R7 lol.

Last edited: