News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where is the NRL to protect clubs in these situations? How can the NRL sign off on such deals?

The club did exactly what the NRL wanted in admonishing the players and agreeing to stand them down. They're re-instated but we then lose a NZ 2nd rower to last years Grand Finalists for nothing?

Where is the protection for the club that does "the right thing" according to the NRL? Instead we get punished for following their guidelines. This is why the club should never pander to the NRL. They're going to fuck us over one way or another.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I think we found another player and that money freed up is part of a strategy. I cannot fathom any reason to release him so quickly otherwise.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the club is happy to see the back of him and have other plans for the money. Was his penalty harsh, in my opinion yes, is he carrying on and showing little remorse for the problems he has caused the club, yes. See ya champ.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
AND NOT TO MENTION, STRENGTHENING ANOTHER TEAM’S PREMIERSHIP CHANCES
I hate Canberra now... Sooky ***** who think they are elite after 2 decent seasons, oh we stole the Viking clap we have 'cULtUrE'. We sign Cotric, they say "why the fuck would you wanna go there" but then they are happy to take our players. Couple that with Ricky trying so hard to be a victim... Seriously fuck them I hope they go out of the finals in straight sets.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll believe it when the club announcement comes up. But moving to if he's going to be toxic for the culture I don't care if he's gone. Pity if we don't get anything in return though.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to wait and see what the final outcome is but if we released him without getting a player in return the board have just lost all the goodwill they had earned with Barrett and Cotric. The pressure will be back on them.
Personally, I'm not too fussed about losing him. For every one good thing he does, he''ll follow it up with something stupid. In a shit team he looks like a superstar but there is a reason he was regularly playing CC when he was at the Panthers. We need to use his cash and buy a gun teenage backrower to replace him
Hopefully Jackson Topine is ready to step up. We need to spend any money on spine players

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if that’s his attitude, I don’t care if he leaves.

He cost the club a sponsorship and helped derail the season.

While the club could have done more to support him, none of this would ever happen if both he and Okunbor followed the rules.

If CHN wants to blame the club for his stuff up, good luck to him. I’ll give him a couple of years at the Raiders before he inevitable does something stupid again.
I agree whole heartedly. If a player don’t want be there or here as much as we want them it’s no use waisting time on them. But the one question I have is. We haven’t had him. And either has any other club. So look at top 4 all have tall mobile back rowers. Who can make there d. Does he fit that mould? My opionion no! Let’s get on with it. On ward hopefully upward.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett advised the club to let the sook go as he is bringing over this big fella

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
chn attitude and thinking hes done nothing wrong is reason enough to show him the door, while what he did was not in any way illegal it was in many ways wrong in the eyes of thr nrl and club rules, good riddance good luck canterbury were your 2nd chance, highly unlikely you will get another one after the raiders

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Meh, the writing has been on the wall so not a massive surprise. This would've sat a lot better if the club dictated from that start once the decision was overturned that they didn't want him because of his attitude throughout the whole thing. At least then we come across as decisive despite the decision likely rubbing some supporters the wrong way. Instead, we back the NRL's initial decision then once it's overturned we grovel and ask if he still wants to play for us.

Different circumstances I know, but check how the Roosters handled the Latrell situation in the media when he wanted a release. Now that's how you control the narrative in the media and put the club first.