News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm writing to you this afternoon to update you on the situation with Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor.

After discussions with both Jayden and Corey, it has been agreed that Corey will leave the club and Jayden will continue his career here at Belmore.

We acknowledge that the original decision to de-register the two players was overturned by the NRL Appeals Committee.

This committee, which was headed by a former High Court Judge of Australia, made a ruling that stated that the players’ contracts with our Club were binding and that we are required to uphold these contracts.

As such, the club met with both players in regard to resuming their contracts at Belmore.

Jayden expressed his desire to remain at Belmore and apologised unreservedly to the club and wider rugby league community for the harm he had caused all parties.

He has since undergone counselling as part of his rehabilitation program and has pledged to offer his time to be involved in a full re-integration into the Bulldogs Community program.

Corey also apologised for his actions to all parties concerned, however, after further discussion it was felt that in the best interests of both parties that he gets a fresh start away from Belmore.

I fully understand that this was a difficult process for all concerned.

Whilst we made it clear to both players that what had happened was unacceptable and had caused enormous harm to all involved, our Board and executive team believed that it was important to have open and honest conversations with Corey and Jayden.

To their credit, both were extremely contrite and understanding of the harm that they had caused and apologised unreservedly.

As a local junior, Jayden has been with the club from U14's all the way through to our NRL squad and I am glad we can offer a second chance to Jayden.

He has readily agreed to undergo further educational courses in this area and be a part of a community program on his return to the club.

On behalf of the Board and the Executive team, I'd like to thank you, our Members, for the continued support throughout this tough year.

On the back of new player signings such as Luke Thompson and Nick Cotric, and the recent announcement of Trent Barrett as our new Head Coach, we are all firmly focused and excited by what lies ahead for our club.

Like you, I can't wait to cheer on the boys in Blue and White this weekend against the Knights.

Regards,

Lynne
Chair

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone please take a video of tolman doing something inappropriate

And hurry up about it before our stupid club gives him a new extension

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well there it is above lads.
Email from the club. Absolutely pathetic. We release one of our only good players for NO compensation while we sit on the spoon. Fucking pathetic. No backbone, no balls. Just a laugh.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okunbor shouldn't be playing for us

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All right guys let’s move on from this pedo **** CHN. And if you live in CBR and have young daughters in school, start home schooling them because CHN is on the prowel

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly what CHN needs, going to a club that produced known saints Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Todd Carney and Joel Monaghan.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While we have to acknowledge the incidents were extremely poor from the players, it’s been example of very poor and naive management by our club. The reactions and statements at the time clearly were impulsive and ill conceived. And now the handling of a challenging situation is to take the easiest route available. They’ve given up on the season and regardless of our views as fans, the club should never ever fold like this. Just can’t fathom any strong club handling the situ like this lot.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it turns out to be true that all he did was take a chick back to his room and have consensual sex with her who just happens to also teach at the school that some other bulldogs players attended for a promotion , Then i think the club should have treated him differently to Okunber.
Agreed, BUT he still should have stayed and stayed loyal to the boys his team mates, I know I would have, because in any work place staff don't always agree with MGT but stay for mateship and earns back their trust!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should I care about whether he was 'hardly done by' or not?

Going by what many have said, he'd already been warned twice before this event. He did something he shouldn't have. He knew that the Dogs really needed the players to behave as the world is always looking for our blood.

Had he come out and apologised. Had he come out and said he'd let his teammates down. Had he come out and said to his supporters that he screwed up. Had he said all of this and THEN said ... BUT! The club should've done more for me ...

I'd think a little differently. He didn't. Not in the slightest.

At no point has he really tried to do anything right by the club. By his teammates. By his coach (who got sacked & would've 100% gone better without all this drama). By the supporters.

NOTHING he says now will ever make me think he's anything but a c***. I'm not angry at him. He's gotta look after himself. But he's a c*** for doing it this way, and anyone who tries to paint it differently is an idiot.
Yup agreed!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100C6EF3-B9C7-479E-8F5D-AC14DA0D5627.jpeg CHN liked this post put up by the Bulldogs social media. Clearly it shows that his decision was based on his issues with management and not the playing group or anyone else. He is clearly still following his mates and the teams progress.

ALSO Frank Pritchard is always commenting on Bulldogs posts and liking posts. He’s the ultimate troll lol but also still has a lot of love for the Bulldogs.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 16174 CHN liked this post put up by the Bulldogs social media. Clearly it shows that his decision was based on his issues with management and not the playing group or anyone else. He is clearly still following his mates and the teams progress.

ALSO Frank Pritchard is always commenting on Bulldogs posts and liking posts. He’s the ultimate troll lol but also still has a lot of love for the Bulldogs.
Frank made that comment as he was the one who put the words together for the team song.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 16174 CHN liked this post put up by the Bulldogs social media. Clearly it shows that his decision was based on his issues with management and not the playing group or anyone else. He is clearly still following his mates and the teams progress.

Who cares if I'm honest. Who really cares anymore?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank made that comment as he was the one who put the words together for the team song.
Yeah he was the original team song leader. That’s why our song sounds similar to Penrith. Lol