Gus Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Canterbury Bulldogs coaching conspiracy theories

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a rubbish article, Gus and CC would be having conversations all the time about player development, who's performing well, who's struggling and who's ready ... does not mean for one second that Gus is taking over, the media just wants to shitbag the dogs while creating drama and clicks.
Good point. Kinda agree

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you would have paid $1.4 million for Moses ??

You can’t say we “missed” him mate. It’s not as though we didn’t realise he was on the market and submitted our bid too late.

Same with Luai. He went for more money.

Moses stayed for less to be with a better side.

I just can’t see how this is a recruiting blunder.
No no no no no I'm not saying it was a recruiting blunder, quit the opposite...
Imagine signing a player for this kind of money but fails, Belmore would riot !

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just don’t see who will come in to do the job. Need to sort out 1 ,7 and 10 between now and 2025.

Joash Papalli seems ages off. Jersey was given to him on a platter but he had a shocking game against the sharks. That transition from flegg to grade is massive because of the state of the pathways left by des and those anderson bums.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just don’t see who will come in to do the job. Need to sort out 1 ,7 and 10 between now and 2025.

Joash Papalli seems ages off. Jersey was given to him on a platter but he had a shocking game against the sharks. That transition from flegg to grade is massive because of the state of the pathways left by des and those anderson bums.
If Papalii is as good as we think he is (and need him to be), he should be playing fullback in NRL before the end of this year. If you're good enough, you're old enough. This is Papalii's 2nd year in NSW cup now.

Our recruitment for 2025 is pretty much already stuffed, we've let everyone on the market go elsewhere or extend. I love Gus, but he's failing big time (I think and hope he can turn it/us around but I think the last 2 years have been very unnecessary).

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can Gus get on the kennel and post his team ;)

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant win with an average spine..

1. Hutchison isnt starting NRL level Halfback
2. Burton has failed to fire at 5/8 but has proven he is a gun centre
3. Taffe is an average NRL Level fullback

The best teams have strong spines..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cant win with an average spine..

1. Hutchison isnt starting NRL level Halfback
2. Burton has failed to fire at 5/8 but has proven he is a gun centre
3. Taffe is an average NRL Level fullback
An average NRL level fullback is the ~8th best fullback in the NRL. Taaffe is the worst fullback in the NRL, and even tho I like him more it's similar for Hutch at halfback. There are clubs with back-ups better than what we have. Then throw in Burton and our issues in the middle and here we are.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An average NRL level fullback is the ~8th best fullback in the NRL. Taaffe is the worst fullback in the NRL, and even tho I like him more it's similar for Hutch at halfback. There are clubs with back-ups better than what we have. Then throw in Burton and our issues in the middle and here we are.
Even if hes Average level its still isnt good enough in the spine..

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just remember player contracts mean nothing… just look at Zac lomax , Luciano.

If we can snag a 7 & 10 when things like these happen that’s where we will get someone. Until then develop the juniors and wait for someone to pop up if a situation happens.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s a better fullback Taafe or Averillo?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing has changed at Belmore. Our defence has gotten better because we are able to field 1st graders now but we are still stuck with the same glaring problems

no halves
No fullback
No middles
A rookie coach
No ability to attract proper top tier, proven performers
No proven ability to transition promising juniors to full time

first grade
I'd disagree here with some points but do concede on others.
No Halves - we have one in NSW Cup at the moment and plenty gaining experience or in rehab (K.O.)
No middles - We have Max but need 2 more top shelf ones.
Rookie Coach - I like Ciro and think he is working under pressure and his efforts to build cohesion have been underestimated. He is working to build longevity and not short term wins which is what everyone is seeking unfortunately.
In terms of proven performers I think the players we have brought in the past year led by Critta Kikau and Zane in NSW Cup are the perfect mentors in their respective positions. Alas having perhaps Haas, AFB Shaun Johnson or Ben Hunt would've really moved the needle for the development of the club. This journey is still in progress and I'm seeing the green shoots from the dry patch we have had for 8 years now visible for us all to see..
Dogs 4 life

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Paul Kent usually doesn't end up being wrong when he delves into the Bulldogs. He has a leak somewhere inside the club and usually is spot on.
Paul Kent is wrong ten times more than he's right. Consider the source. They clearly have an axe to grind with Gus.. He isn't meddling with team selections. It's an absurd suggestion. Be critical of Gus' signings or lack of and decisions all you want, but this is so far fetched it's laughable.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent is wrong ten times more than he's right. Consider the source. They clearly have an axe to grind with Gus.. He isn't meddling with team selections. It's an absurd suggestion. Be critical of Gus' signings or lack of and decisions all you want, but this is so far fetched it's laughable.
Actually when Paul Kent does write about our club off the field he does seem to get it right. Two directors even got moved sideways back in 2022.