Gus Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Canterbury Bulldogs coaching conspiracy theories

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In sequence
1. Contact was made, his answer was no.
2. Hook got sacked
3. Contact was made again, St George wouldn't release him.
I know I'm not confused :laughing:
We made many approaches to Ben Hunt and missed out

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We went hard after Luai and this confirmed by the Luai press conference where he said he personally called Ciraldo with his decision. I actually felt bad for Ciraldo. Luai and his manager confirmed the deals were the same.

The only person I’m mates with is Flanagun :grinning:
Below is my response from the last time you sprouted this misinformation. The facts remain the same whether you choose to ignore them or not.

Actually, what Luai and his manager confirmed in the press conference was the exact opposite of what you have stated.

When asked when he advised others of his decision, his response was, 'Properly? Everyone is finding out today. No one knew.'

When asked directly about calling Ciraldo to let him know of his decision, he answered; 'This is the phone call, man, This is the phone call, brother.'

His manager Wok Wright stated, 'The money wasn't too different in most of the deals.' Clearly, any intelligent human being would understand that doesn't mean the offers were the same. Not once did Luai or Wright mention money being the same and every media organisation has stated the Wests offer was $6m and $5.5m was the offer from the Dogs before and after the press conference.

Seems to me you either didn't listen to the phone conference or did listen and chose to fabricate what was said. Either way, it does nothing for your credibility.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below is my response from the last time you sprouted this misinformation. The facts remain the same whether you choose to ignore them or not.

Actually, what Luai and his manager confirmed in the press conference was the exact opposite of what you have stated.

When asked when he advised others of his decision, his response was, 'Properly? Everyone is finding out today. No one knew.'

When asked directly about calling Ciraldo to let him know of his decision, he answered; 'This is the phone call, man, This is the phone call, brother.'

His manager Wok Wright stated, 'The money wasn't too different in most of the deals.' Clearly, any intelligent human being would understand that doesn't mean the offers were the same. Not once did Luai or Wright mention money being the same and every media organisation has stated the Wests offer was $6m and $5.5m was the offer from the Dogs before and after the press conference.

Seems to me you either didn't listen to the phone conference or did listen and chose to fabricate what was said. Either way, it does nothing for your credibility.
So you have confirmed the deals not much different meaning not that far from being the same. We still missed out. Luai was nice enough to call Ciraldo to inform him. The fact is he only called Ciraldo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I think it's pretty clear from what CC says in this press conference that Gus and himself have different opinions on the team/selections that probably end in some fiery debates (and it'd be hard not to when someone like Taaffe is being selected every week) but that doesn't mean they can't work with each other or hate each other, if anything it's probably the opposite and that's the relationship they have (which is what CC says). I'm not sure how the media get wind of this when you'd think the conversations are just between Gus and CC.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing has changed at Belmore. Our defence has gotten better because we are able to field 1st graders now but we are still stuck with the same glaring problems

no halves
No fullback
No middles
A rookie coach
No ability to attract proper top tier, proven performers
No proven ability to transition promising juniors to full time first grade
Well said, if only mngt knew this they might do something about it. I feel sorry for the fans who have memberships and you have to go watch the pain. If only….