George Floyd trial

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know that, that shithole looks like it's going in that direction. You'd love to say let it be but the problem will then be that China will rule the world and that's not good for any of us
100% plus also all the innocents that would get caught up in the bullshit.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't doubt that at all. But when you take into consideration the significant amount of non-lethal situations becoming lethal (with video evidence) and when those lethal situations have pre-dominantly blacks being killed, then you start to question.

When you go a step further and take into consideration the history of that country you again start to question.

When you go a step further and look at the number of false arrests where states have had to pay compensation for incorrectly locking up people of colour ( some due to lack of evidence, new evidence and some falsified evidence by the police) for 20 to 40 years, you start to question.

When you go even another step further and look at the police response of a nation's Capitol being raided, you again start to question.

When you go even a step further and look at the difference in use of force when police are patrolling different protests, you start to question.

When you go even a step further and see an apprehended white supremacist, who just shot up a black church, have a burger king meal bought for him, by the police, in transit to gaol, you start to question.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the other video I once posted on this forum, in that video you had clips of white people getting into a punch on with cops, white people almost running over a cop, etc etc and not a single firearm is even pulled out of its holster, forget being discharged, it's not even pulled out of its holster.

Video evidence is bringing all this to light.

100% there will be cases that are falsely alleged as racism, when it's rather the cop having a heightened sense of fear/anxiety/etc, but there are too many cases where this isn't the case and that indicates a problem
I cant quote paragrahs and reply so ill number the points re corresponding paragraph.

1. What are the actual stats in the past 5 years. Are blacks shot at a higher percentage relative to police interaction than other races? If so how big is the gap... i think even the US has progressed socially in the past 5-10years... i dont think the social issues or police corruption are as big as they were 15+ years ago

2. The history of the US is terrible for a number of reasons. Though i dont think its fair to use that brush to paint majority of a picture.

3. Again would like to see the stats for this on the past 5 years. If its the same as 20 to 40 years ago, thats not a good thing. But like you said, we would need to determine why the results were overturned rather than just assume, police misconduct, racism.

4. I know for a fact, Washington police are pretty well trained and educated. This may be a massive contributor to their action plan. To say the whole police force employed a white riot supression strategy would be a hard assertion to back up.

5. Seems odd. Was the meal purchased straight after his arrest? Or was this when he was being transported between facilities. If so, prisoners still have rights, even in Aus, people in custody of nsw police get maccas. After you suggesting non-white prisoners dont get fed? I dont understand the point of this paragraph

Again.

Racism exisits. It would exist in every occupation. And it (whether concious or not) would affect alot of decisions on a daily basis.

I just urge people from either side, to not use one brush to paint a picture. Reality is there are 100 brushes and alot of different pictures.

EVERY situation has 100s of different variables.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know that, that shithole looks like it's going in that direction. You'd love to say let it be but the problem will then be that China will rule the world and that's not good for any of us
Not if you like whinny the pooh he will be banned world wide

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant quote paragrahs and reply so ill number the points re corresponding paragraph.

1. What are the actual stats in the past 5 years. Are blacks shot at a higher percentage relative to police interaction than other races? If so how big is the gap... i think even the US has progressed socially in the past 5-10years... i dont think the social issues or police corruption are as big as they were 15+ years ago

I don't think those stats are reliable though. It's the police on the scene who write up the report and it's not always shootings, in some cases it's beatings, false arrests. In the US false arrests are just as likely to ruin the rest of your life, it's very hard for "convicted criminals" to get a job.

There are two issues here, police brutality and BLM. They have crossover but they are two different issues.

Police brutality, the organisers of BLM, accept that police brutality happens to white people too. They argue that the police need reigning in.

BLM itself is about over policing of people of colour but also the systemic racism that exists in that country.

There's several examples, which I believe, indicate that things haven't necessarily improved in the last 10 to 15 years.

1. Kyle Rittenhouse, the massive support he is getting from a portion of the population.

2. 75 million voted for that racist POS trump and it could be argued Trump was a response to the US having it's first black president

3. The FBI have warned of the rising threat of far-right terrorism and that the far right have infiltrated major government organisations, the police force, and security agencies.

4. Then you have pieces of shit like Matt Gaetz (who hired a white supremacist who was sacked by Trump), Marjorie Taylor Greene who just tried to introduce an "Anglo-saxon" policy, and many others who have been elected into their congress.

That country has a serious problem with racism.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Why are we even having a discussion on the guilty cop ...it’s time we acknowledge the fact it’s taken the life of another man no matter what color or race for us to understand we are all equal

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who will police the police then?
The public. If a kid didn't record the Chauvin/Floyd incident, Chauvin never would have been charged, and definitely wouldn't have been convicted. It was only because a teenage girl pulled out their phone and recorded his death, then spread it around the internet. If that didn't happen, Floyd would be written off as another statistic and Chauvin would still be a cop.

The forced use of body cams on police, and the general public recording these incidents, is the only reason the police are facing charges.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The public. If a kid didn't record the Chauvin/Floyd incident, Chauvin never would have been charged, and definitely wouldn't have been convicted. It was only because a teenage girl pulled out their phone and recorded his death, then spread it around the internet. If that didn't happen, Floyd would be written off as another statistic and Chauvin would still be a cop.

The forced use of body cams on police, and the general public recording these incidents, is the only reason the police are facing charges.
True.

I guess the legit cops have nothing to worry about being filmed.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been mentioned, has anyone seen the complaints about cop Derek Chauvin over his police career. Most of it was swept under the carpet.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been mentioned, has anyone seen the complaints about cop Derek Chauvin over his police career. Most of it was swept under the carpet.
Bad cops should be punished and/or sacked. No one wants corrupt cops running around their neighbourhood.

Maybe Chauvin is a c***, maybe he’s a great guy that got caught up in a bad situation , or maybe life is more complicated and it’s a mixture of the two.

everyone wants to blindly label Chauvin the devil or an Angel. But humans are never one or the other, they’re complicated. It certainly doesn’t help when the media never reports nuance and almost always mischaracterises situations and never uses any sense of proportionality in their reporting.

Either way it’sInteresting I’ve never seen these media reports until I went digging just now:

“Chauvin was also praised at various points in his career, according to the Star Tribune – two women commended him in 2008 and 2013 after he handled domestic-violence calls, and he was awarded a Medal of Commendation in 2008 after he disarmed a man during one of his nightclub security shifts.

He was even recommended for a Medal of Valor in 2006 in connection with the fatal police shooting of Wayne Reyes, according to the Star Tribune. Six officers shot at Reyes while responding to a report that he had stabbed two people; the police said they opened fire after Reyes pulled out a shotgun”.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lebron James post photo of the cop who saved the black girls life in Ohio (from the 16 year old girl trying to stab her) and on the photo it says “you’re next”

Unfortunately in America it’s the leaders and elite who are behaving more negligently than ever. I can’t see any result other than more violence, riots and death when so many prominent people continue to race bait and tell ppl there are conspiracies against black ppl.

goes to show u can be freakishly awesome at a sport, but not have two brain cells to rub together.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lebron James post photo of the cop who saved the black girls life in Ohio (from the 16 year old girl trying to stab her) and on the photo it says “you’re next”

Unfortunately in America it’s the leaders and elite who are behaving more negligently than ever. I can’t see any result other than more violence, riots and death when so many prominent people continue to race bait and tell ppl there are conspiracies against black ppl.
You're very fixated about all things America, reminds me of someone we use to know.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

goes to show u can be freakishly awesome at a sport, but not have two brain cells to rub together.
LeBron James is a Muppet.

As for this hot take, absolutely dumb. LeBron just comes off stupid for that, it was a justified shooting as unfortunate as it was for the girl but the video clearly shows that she was literally about to stab the girl wearing pink in the neck/face. No matter who started the fight between the two girls, the knife wielding one was being the aggressor and posed as the biggest threat at that moment.

What i don't get, why the hell would you think it would be a great idea that as soon as the cops rock up that you decide ok let's start fighting now when just moments before they were standing around as the video started. A guy kicks a girl in the head as knife girl decides this is as good time as any to attempt to stab pink girl. What the heck did they think would happen. Cop had no choice but to do what he did, in that split second. Unfortunately her decision got herself killed, that is fact but how about the other fact that the cop most likely saved the life of the girl in pink, or does that not matter.

Sorry LeBron, you goofed up on this one.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The cop potentially saved the other black girls life by shooting the one who was making a clear attempt to stab her (despite police being there)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The cop potentially saved the other black girls life by shooting the one who was making a clear attempt to stab her (despite police being there)
Yep. It was a good shooting. Saw someone post on Facebook, "police shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone with a knife. They can disarm her easily"

Just said, "fair enough. I'm going to grab a knife and run at your family members while you're standing far away from me. See if you can move faster than light and disarm me before I stab them"

I think I have another Facebook ban coming on.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. It was a good shooting. Saw someone post on Facebook, "police shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone with a knife. They can disarm her easily"

Just said, "fair enough. I'm going to grab a knife and run at your family members while you're standing far away from me. See if you can move faster than light and disarm me before I stab them"

I think I have another Facebook ban coming on.
A charging person with a knife can cover 10 metres before the average officer can draw their gun and fire the first shot (Which may miss or not stop the person). Tasers only work when you get an even spread, and both prongs actually attach. The further back you are the further the prongs spread making it more likely to miss. You also have to consider other factors in like thick clothing. People who seem to think knives are below guns on the dangerous scale. Knives are just as dangerous as guns. Youre spot on in what you say. It was a lose lose situation for that cop. Its a job that at its worst involves making split second decisions that can cost any person, including the officer, their life.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an absolute load of garbage.

It goes way beyond in depth value, than the tip of the iceberg you describe.

Australia celebrates Ned Kelly, the eureka stockade, the rum rebellion and the tip of the iceberg analysis is they were all violent criminals but they have a farl in depth meaning than just violent criminals.

To equate Floyd's murals with just that is dishonest attempt to discredit the protestors (behind the George floyd murals) values
really?

I also noted Malcolm X in my post as rightfully belonging on said murals even though in his earlier life he was involved in drug dealing, gambling, racketeering, robbery, and pimping and served time in prison... but he clearly changed his ways in prison, became a Muslim and worked as a minister for the Nation of Islam and later his own organisation... now, I am not saying I agree with what some/all of Malcolm X's beliefs and teachings (eg. "history proves that the white man is a devil”) but in a time of ACTUAL systemic racial injustice in the US as his ministry began in the early 50's prior to the Civil Rights Act, he dedicated himself and worked for the betterment of his people... none of that applies to George Floyd and to put him on murals with Martin Luther King and Malcolm X is an embarrassment

and if it goes way beyond in depth and I was only describing the tip of the iceberg, then I believe I am in good company... a couple examples -

a statue to Abraham Lincoln in Boston removed because the supposed representation of the black man was offensive... and the depth to the argument --> Abraham Lincoln literally freed the slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863:

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
Abraham Lincoln

but nah

since I love the American Civil War period, a statue to former Union general and later US President, Ulysses S Grant, torn down in San Francisco for the crime that he in life had been gifted slave(s) which he freed shortly thereafter

and for the depth to the argument, I cannot state it better than one of the comments in the above YouTube video -

"Ulysses Grant’s resume is as follows:
1. Self built man
2. Realized owning his wife’s slaves was wrong, and promptly freed them all. (She had 2 slaves)
3. Won the unions first major victories at fort Donaldson, and Shiloh.
4. Brilliantly laid siege to Vicksburg, captured it and gave the union control of the Mississippi River.
5. Assumed command of all union forces in 1864, and promptly strangled the CSA into submission.
6. Stood up to Andrew Johnson. Calling him a son of a bitch.
7. Ran a splendid campaign in 1868.
8. Oversaw passage of the 15th amendment.
9. Protected freed slaves.
10. Passed the civil rights act of 1871.
11. Destroyed the first wave of the kkk.
12. Learned from his mistakes appointing cabinet members.
13. Gained the respect of native Americans by creating peace with them and giving them communities on the Great Plains.
14. Created an amazing memoir while battling throat cancer in 1885.
15. Even after death was so respected that former confederate soldiers showed up to his funeral service out of respect, and people lined the streets in mourning.
This man can have a statue."

a statue of Winston Churchill defaced forcing the British Government to board it up so it, too, was not toppled

quite the journey for Churchill's legacy from greatest ever Brit to racist embarrassment

as for Australia's fascination with outlaws, it is a complicated issue and we have, for example, lionised the likes of Ned Kelly

but there has also been plenty of discussion, at least when it comes to Ned Kelly, whether he was a hero or villain

as for me supposedly discrediting the protestors, no need... they have done that for themselves (murders, vandalism, looting, arson, ignorance, declaring autonomous zones, Antifa, private residential homes targeted, people menaced, toppling statues, Covid-safe when it comes to liberties impinged and businesses destroyed but what's Covid when it comes to BLM protests etc. and NONE of that matters) even in Australia -->

but I think the Jacob Blake shooting and the response is indicative of everything wrong with the BLM protests... Police were called to a domestic disturbance by Blake's girlfriend who claimed Blake was breaching a restraining order (and for context, Blake had been charged a month earlier with third-degree sexual assault, a felony, and two misdemeanors, trespassing and disorderly conduct, in connection with an altercation at his girlfriend's home several weeks earlier)... Blake refused the cops instructions, resisted arrest, was not stopped with tasers (which are said to have not worked) and was armed with a knife... the cop shoots Blake, it is captured on video which is then uploaded to the net, and everyone proceeds to lose their f*%#ing minds... and the result -->

by the way, the cop involved has been cleared and no charges laid

and for the NBA players that announced in the wake of the Blake shooting that they were too traumatised to play or Doc Rivers who claimed that for Black Americans their country did not love them, I have always wanted to ask this question --> does the NBA's silence on the murder of Cannon Hinnant on 9 August 2020, for example, mean that LeBron James and Giannis Antetokuonmpo and Doc Rivers and Kenny Smith etc. were fine psychologically with a five year old white boy being shot in the head and killed by a 25 year old Black man?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Cannon_Hinnant

a lot of bad things happen in this world and across the broad spectrum of society... to focus solely on a sliver of these issues (ie. Police brutality against people of colour) and blindly ignore everything else and to criticise, attack, de-platform, dox etc. anyone with a different opinion is divisive and disingenuous

and since I and my opinion are being described as garbage and dishonest, then I believe your opinions are superficial, disrespectful, divisive, wilfully blind to context, hypocritical and dangerous

my apologies for the rant

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
really?

I also noted Malcolm X in my post as rightfully belonging on said murals even though in his earlier life he was involved in drug dealing, gambling, racketeering, robbery, and pimping and served time in prison... but he clearly changed his ways in prison, became a Muslim and worked as a minister for the Nation of Islam and later his own organisation... now, I am not saying I agree with what some/all of Malcolm X's beliefs and teachings (eg. "history proves that the white man is a devil”) but in a time of ACTUAL systemic racial injustice in the US as his ministry began in the early 50's prior to the Civil Rights Act, he dedicated himself and worked for the betterment of his people... none of that applies to George Floyd and to put him on murals with Martin Luther King and Malcolm X is an embarrassment

and if it goes way beyond in depth and I was only describing the tip of the iceberg, then I believe I am in good company... a couple examples -

a statue to Abraham Lincoln in Boston removed because the supposed representation of the black man was offensive... and the depth to the argument --> Abraham Lincoln literally freed the slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863:

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
Abraham Lincoln

but nah

since I love the American Civil War period, a statue to former Union general and later US President, Ulysses S Grant, torn down in San Francisco for the crime that he in life had been gifted slave(s) which he freed shortly thereafter

and for the depth to the argument, I cannot state it better than one of the comments in the above YouTube video -

"Ulysses Grant’s resume is as follows:
1. Self built man
2. Realized owning his wife’s slaves was wrong, and promptly freed them all. (She had 2 slaves)
3. Won the unions first major victories at fort Donaldson, and Shiloh.
4. Brilliantly laid siege to Vicksburg, captured it and gave the union control of the Mississippi River.
5. Assumed command of all union forces in 1864, and promptly strangled the CSA into submission.
6. Stood up to Andrew Johnson. Calling him a son of a bitch.
7. Ran a splendid campaign in 1868.
8. Oversaw passage of the 15th amendment.
9. Protected freed slaves.
10. Passed the civil rights act of 1871.
11. Destroyed the first wave of the kkk.
12. Learned from his mistakes appointing cabinet members.
13. Gained the respect of native Americans by creating peace with them and giving them communities on the Great Plains.
14. Created an amazing memoir while battling throat cancer in 1885.
15. Even after death was so respected that former confederate soldiers showed up to his funeral service out of respect, and people lined the streets in mourning.
This man can have a statue."

a statue of Winston Churchill defaced forcing the British Government to board it up so it, too, was not toppled

quite the journey for Churchill's legacy from greatest ever Brit to racist embarrassment

as for Australia's fascination with outlaws, it is a complicated issue and we have, for example, lionised the likes of Ned Kelly

but there has also been plenty of discussion, at least when it comes to Ned Kelly, whether he was a hero or villain

as for me supposedly discrediting the protestors, no need... they have done that for themselves (murders, vandalism, looting, arson, ignorance, declaring autonomous zones, Antifa, private residential homes targeted, people menaced, toppling statues, Covid-safe when it comes to liberties impinged and businesses destroyed but what's Covid when it comes to BLM protests etc. and NONE of that matters) even in Australia -->

but I think the Jacob Blake shooting and the response is indicative of everything wrong with the BLM protests... Police were called to a domestic disturbance by Blake's girlfriend who claimed Blake was breaching a restraining order (and for context, Blake had been charged a month earlier with third-degree sexual assault, a felony, and two misdemeanors, trespassing and disorderly conduct, in connection with an altercation at his girlfriend's home several weeks earlier)... Blake refused the cops instructions, resisted arrest, was not stopped with tasers (which are said to have not worked) and was armed with a knife... the cop shoots Blake, it is captured on video which is then uploaded to the net, and everyone proceeds to lose their f*%#ing minds... and the result -->

by the way, the cop involved has been cleared and no charges laid

and for the NBA players that announced in the wake of the Blake shooting that they were too traumatised to play or Doc Rivers who claimed that for Black Americans their country did not love them, I have always wanted to ask this question --> does the NBA's silence on the murder of Cannon Hinnant on 9 August 2020, for example, mean that LeBron James and Giannis Antetokuonmpo and Doc Rivers and Kenny Smith etc. were fine psychologically with a five year old white boy being shot in the head and killed by a 25 year old Black man?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Cannon_Hinnant

a lot of bad things happen in this world and across the broad spectrum of society... to focus solely on a sliver of these issues (ie. Police brutality against people of colour) and blindly ignore everything else and to criticise, attack, de-platform, dox etc. anyone with a different opinion is divisive and disingenuous

and since I and my opinion are being described as garbage and dishonest, then I believe your opinions are superficial, disrespectful, divisive, wilfully blind to context, hypocritical and dangerous

my apologies for the rant
You're sharing a video from a fascist (and I use that word in it's genuine meaning, they are his beliefs, he used to hang out with neo-nazis until they kicked him out) piece of shit like Avi Yemeni. Avi Yemeni FFS, the coke addict, who beats his wife, who joyfully announces he killed Palestinian kids. Avi Yemeni!!!!!!! If that's your source no wonder you post things like " they have done that for themselves (murders, vandalism, looting, arson, ignorance, declaring autonomous zones, Antifa, private residential homes targeted, people menaced, toppling statues,"

You might want to completely read into the Lincoln statue being removed in Boston, again you haven't understood/read the in depth reason

You might want to look into why Churchill's statue was targeted, what Churchill could have said in the past to target him.

Your justification for Jacob Blake? Again you haven't gone into in-depth

The prosecutor concluded that a case against Officer Sheskey would have been hard to prove. He said it would be difficult to disprove an argument that the officer was protecting himself from Mr. Blake, who Mr. Graveley said had admitted holding a knife.

And then this one:

does the NBA's silence on the murder of Cannon Hinnant on 9 August 2020, for example, mean that LeBron James and Giannis Antetokuonmpo and Doc Rivers and Kenny Smith etc. were fine psychologically with a five year old white boy being shot in the head and killed by a 25 year old Black man?
Wow, just fucking wow. You're comparing a one off incident, which does not have a systematic reason to it, committed by a criminal to systematic problems of an ongoing issue committed by state authorities. And then to top it off, you're saying those people don't care about a 5 year old boy, when in fact your anger should be directed at conservative news sources who are FALSELY USING the death of a 5 year old boy to push a political agenda

Again you've completely ignored in-depth reasons or (based on the fact that you're using sources like Avi Yemeni) you're reading tainted sources.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think those stats are reliable though. It's the police on the scene who write up the report and it's not always shootings, in some cases it's beatings, false arrests. In the US false arrests are just as likely to ruin the rest of your life, it's very hard for "convicted criminals" to get a job.
is this not you arguing a narrative without the facts and statistics to support it?

then again, this man just got elected US President

There are two issues here, police brutality and BLM. They have crossover but they are two different issues.
really?

Police brutality, the organisers of BLM, accept that police brutality happens to white people too. They argue that the police need reigning in.
reigning it in as in defund the police? if so, I'll leave it to Thomas Sowell

BLM itself is about over policing of people of colour but also the systemic racism that exists in that country.
do you have any proof that systemic racism still exists in the US?

There's several examples, which I believe, indicate that things haven't necessarily improved in the last 10 to 15 years.

1. Kyle Rittenhouse, the massive support he is getting from a portion of the population.

2. 75 million voted for that racist POS trump and it could be argued Trump was a response to the US having it's first black president

3. The FBI have warned of the rising threat of far-right terrorism and that the far right have infiltrated major government organisations, the police force, and security agencies.

4. Then you have pieces of shit like Matt Gaetz (who hired a white supremacist who was sacked by Trump), Marjorie Taylor Greene who just tried to introduce an "Anglo-saxon" policy, and many others who have been elected into their congress.
much of the above is alarmist and baseless bullsh*t but I will focus on point 2... so, Obama being elected president in 2008 proves nothing as to the progress in race in the US? Obama being re-elected as president in 2012 proves nothing as to the progress in race in the US? but Trump getting elected in 2016 was a racist reaction in the US following a two term Black president?!

its not that Hillary was a thoroughly corrupt and unlikeable political figure... its not that Hillary was pro-war... its not that Hillary was a pathological liar... its not that there was a rise in populist policies which Trump and to a lesser extent Bernie rode... it wasn't that Hillary supported NAFTA & TPP... its not that Hillary took the rust belt states (ie. the states around the Great Lakes) for granted and did little to no campaigning there and thus, lost Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania... it wasn't her private email server and lost emails... it wasn't Comey re-opening the FBI investigation a couple weeks prior to the election... it wasn't Hillary's flip-flopping on issues such as same sex marriage or whether she was a moderate or progressive... it wasn't that you have to go back to FDR when the Democrats enjoyed 3+ consecutive presidential terms etc.

That country has a serious problem with racism.
the US has previously had serious issues with racism --> slavery, Jim Crow, the three-fifths compromise, Dred Scott v. Sandford, racial segregation etc. and there will always be ignorant, hateful, racist people... that cannot be changed on an individual level... but I have yet to see a compelling argument as to systemic racism persisting in the US today

the problem with the US now is just how politically partisan it has gotten and that has infected every issue with people taking a tribal position (ie. what position is my side taking instead of actually making your own mind up)... just consider the different reactions when it came to the sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh by Dr Christine Blasey Ford and against then candidate Joe Biden by former aide Tara Reade