George Floyd trial

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats the go with the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're missing a point

There wasn't much the cops could do to avoid shooting in this one.
Yup. But LeBron didn't say that. He posted a photo of the guy saying, "you're next", and when people criticised it he still acted like she was the victim and the officer was a murderer.

What happened to her is a trajedy, but nothing else the police could do.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup. But LeBron didn't say that. He posted a photo of the guy saying, "you're next", and when people criticised it he still acted like she was the victim and the officer was a murderer.

Yeh wtf was with Lebron saying that?

Its as close to profiling as it gets. You're a cop, you shoot somone. Its unjustified until deemed justified. Wtf?!?!?!

Please tell me there were no violent protests etc???

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
LeBron just talking shit to stay relevant.

Whoever listens to him is a bigger dumb fuck than he is.

The dickhead would deep throat the cop if the girl was his wife, daughter or mother.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I think they raise valid points here, while accepting this particular case is complex and not straight forward

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think they raise valid points here, while accepting this particular case is complex and not straight forward

Eh, it's a bit nuanced if you look at it from both sides.

LeBron was never inciting violence like many of the right wingers suggested. He was just saying that the officer would be the next charged for killing a black teen. But, the video you shared says at the start, "They have non-lethal weapons, you don't immediately have to go to a gun", which they obviously covered in their other discussion of this but.. did they actually watch the video.

I never worked for the police force, but I did military training in the reserves. I don't know that much about the non-lethal weapons officers use, but I know that the only main-stay for these officers is batons and tasers (if equipped)

In this case the person who died had a knife and was charging at a person. The officer was over 10 metres away and the assailant was charging in the opposite direction.

You know full well that I understand that these issues exist, but the officer had literally two options:

1) Shoot the assailant with the knife

2) Hold fire and hope that the victim survives a knife attack

There's literally nothing else the officer could have done. LeBron's tweet was put out when he didn't know all the facts. When informed of the facts he could have apologised, but instead he doubled down.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But 100% that LaBron is primarly being attacked because right wing wants to pretend the issue doesn't exist. But LeBron is giving them more fuel.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the bipartisan problem I keep pointing out.

LeBron tweets a photo of the cop with the comment "You're next". LeBron gets hassled for doing that, and he doesn't apologise. He blames everyone else but points out that he did it because he's sick of the racism. TYT says that LeBron was always right and never should have deleted the tweet. They admit it's complicated, but they still say LeBron was right in abusing the cop and that he never should have withdrawn it and should not apologise.

This is the stuff that causes bipartisanship. You have the right wing saying that they are being stereotyped by the media. It doesn't matter that 99% of the media aren't actually doing that. All it takes is for TYT to stereotype the right wingers and blindly support the left even when they make a mistake (and that's exactly what they're doing here), and the right will use that to convince other right wingers that the left and all the same as TYT and LeBron.

The only way you get rid of the divide is by finding common ground. Not by making more enemies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side Note...

The Young Turks are basically left wing Tucker Carlsons. They're more factual than Tucker but they push a lot of bias misinformation along with debunked pseudoscience.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eh, it's a bit nuanced if you look at it from both sides.

LeBron was never inciting violence like many of the right wingers suggested. He was just saying that the officer would be the next charged for killing a black teen. But, the video you shared says at the start, "They have non-lethal weapons, you don't immediately have to go to a gun", which they obviously covered in their other discussion of this but.. did they actually watch the video.

I never worked for the police force, but I did military training in the reserves. I don't know that much about the non-lethal weapons officers use, but I know that the only main-stay for these officers is batons and tasers (if equipped)

In this case the person who died had a knife and was charging at a person. The officer was over 10 metres away and the assailant was charging in the opposite direction.

You know full well that I understand that these issues exist, but the officer had literally two options:

1) Shoot the assailant with the knife

2) Hold fire and hope that the victim survives a knife attack

There's literally nothing else the officer could have done. LeBron's tweet was put out when he didn't know all the facts. When informed of the facts he could have apologised, but instead he doubled down.
I think Anna was pushing that narrative until cenk stepped in and said it's more complex.

I agree that the cop just reacted, there was no time to think about what kind of force to use. He just reacted immediately to a lethal situation.

I also think once le bron saw the full clip, he probably realised that this is complex and doesn't fall into that basket, hence removed the tweet. But due to the polarising nature of the topic just couldn't bring himself to admit that publicly.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the bipartisan problem I keep pointing out.

LeBron tweets a photo of the cop with the comment "You're next". LeBron gets hassled for doing that, and he doesn't apologise. He blames everyone else but points out that he did it because he's sick of the racism. TYT says that LeBron was always right and never should have deleted the tweet. They admit it's complicated, but they still say LeBron was right in abusing the cop and that he never should have withdrawn it and should not apologise.

This is the stuff that causes bipartisanship. You have the right wing saying that they are being stereotyped by the media. It doesn't matter that 99% of the media aren't actually doing that. All it takes is for TYT to stereotype the right wingers and blindly support the left even when they make a mistake (and that's exactly what they're doing here), and the right will use that to convince other right wingers that the left and all the same as TYT and LeBron.

The only way you get rid of the divide is by finding common ground. Not by making more enemies.
As per my previous post I think Anna was pushing that narrative about le bron not backing down from any situation (regardless of the context).

How do you find common ground when you see the same debunked arguments being made for decades about human rights and that not everyone has them?

They used the perfect example in Colin kapaernick, he silently protested, didn't cause harm to anyone, made his voice known with a peaceful silent protest and he was grilled for it by GOP congressman and senators. At what stage do you say these people aren't looking for common ground, there's no point searching for it?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Side Note...

The Young Turks are basically left wing Tucker Carlsons. They're more factual than Tucker but they push a lot of bias misinformation along with debunked pseudoscience.
Bro please there's no equivalent to tucker Carlson. He's a beast of his own.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro please there's no equivalent to tucker Carlson. He's a beast of his own.
Yeah. He has cornered the market on misinformation. But the Insiders on Sky News are getting close.

I just get annoyed with any misinformation regardless of where it comes from. There's always a drive to support people even if they are wrong just so you can shut down the other side. Facts be damned.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Posted 18mins ago But it is footage from November. fantastic video in the sense that it is raw footage and allows you to make your own mind up without outside influence.

There are hundreds of cases that happen just like this - traffic stop, a man in the car acts nervous, starts reaching around, doesn’t comply with reasonable police direction, he has a gun and gets shot

As with almost all police shootings of black men, racism is not a factor. However failure to comply is almost always a factor as well as the carrying of illegal weapons.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A Minnesota jury on April 20th convicted Derek Chauvin, a former Minneapolis police officer, for the murder of George Floyd during an arrest last May. Mr Floyd’s death sparked months of Black Lives Matter protests across America, ignited a campaign to reallocate funds from police departments to other social services and set off an election-year battle over “law and order” in America’s cities. Fully 77% of American adults—including 91% of African-Americans and 75% of whites—approve of Mr Chauvin’s conviction, according to a poll conducted by Morning Consult, a market-research firm, in the three days after the verdict. Most black and white adults said the ruling gave them more faith in courts and the criminal-justice system, while a third said it increased their trust in the police.

But one verdict will not change the systemic overrepresentation of black Americans among those killed by police each year. Even as Mr Chauvin’s trial was under way, a 20-year-old named Daunte Wright was shot and killed by a police officer during a mid-afternoon traffic stop in Brooklyn Centre, a town ten miles from Minneapolis. According to a new poll from YouGov, 59% of Americans see events like Mr Wright’s killing as part of a broader problem, compared with 41%—made up mainly of older, conservative whites—who think they represent “isolated incidents.” Fifty-four percent of Americans, including 81% of African-Americans, say that black people receive unequal treatment from the police.

Mr Chauvin was found guilty nearly a year after he killed Mr Floyd. In that time, the share of Americans saying race relations in America are “generally bad” rose by roughly eight percentage points, from 57% at the end of 2019 (the most recent data available before last summer) to 65% today (see chart). Despite the unrest of the last year, Americans generally feel better about race relations than they did in late 2016, when police killings of black men in Ferguson, Missouri, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and St. Paul, Minnesota—among other places—pushed 75% of people to say race relations were generally bad. Despite the modest increase in public optimism over that time period, advocates of reform argue there is a long way to go before America achieves racial equity in policing.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty much confirmation that Chauvin was never going to get a fair trial.

“I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict,” she said.

The trial should have been moved away to another place away from where the crime happened and the jury should have been sequestered throughout the trial.

“I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict,” she said.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty much confirmation that Chauvin was never going to get a fair trial.

The trial should have been moved away to another place away from where the crime happened and the jury should have been sequestered throughout the trial.

Ummmm, dude. The stuff you quoted isn't in the article you shared. In fact, the article you shared says that the alternative juror said that she made her decision based on doctor testimony, but she was an alternative juror and had no effect on the case.

I tried to find the article you got the quote from but searching just came back with it being fake news used by far right wing Conservatives to support their racism.

But I guess if you care more about your bias than facts then that makes sense.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Posts Mislead on Words of Alternate Juror in Chauvin Trial