Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hoffman stated publicly that he doesn't want to leave Brisbane and he wants to be Bronco for life... So why are we going after him knowing that he will go back (like Hannat did) if given the chance?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
please sign the line Hoffman.

Premiership will be yours.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hoffman stated publicly that he doesn't want to leave Brisbane and he wants to be Bronco for life... So why are we going after him knowing that he will go back (like Hannat did) if given the chance?
Sign him on a 1 year deal as a short term solution until someone from the lower grades is ready to step up. Win/win

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh Hoffman spotted at Bulldogs HQ this afternoon.

Source Peter Tuncks Talkin Sport
Lets hope its true ey, aren't the Kiwi squad in Sydney before they leave for England so it might have merit

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe as a temp and who knows if he does come down as a temp he might end up loving it at our club and players/staff and want to stay!

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll why not save our money if we are looking for short term prospect and put inu at fullback I believe with his strength and power could work well

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoffman was taking a tour last week at belmore hq!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
told you guys 2 months ago Jmoz said clearly he doesnt wanna play fullback and gave no indication of extending the contract post 2014 when asked on radio show.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't remember reading a thread on the kennel with so much doom and gloom being tossed around. Let's face it folks no one has a clue, not even " the people in the know" about the inner sanctums and workings of our proud club and it's football department. I'd say you would have to be sleeping with Des to know what is truly happening behind the scenes at Belmore. Throwing up rumours or innuendos will not solve anything and no guys this is not tomorrow this is today.

We have heard from Jimmy and TG and their thoughts on the matter which is great :grinning: these guys are pretty much on the ball but then again no one knows everything and strangely enough Blue and white seems inconspicuous with his absence. Now all we need is for 5 spoons to throw his thoughts into the mix. On a separate thought Chip and Chase would be loving this thread.

I for one don't care about how many knock backs we receive and I'm not one to beg either!!! But at the end of the day you've got to be in it to win it. If these players can't see themselves wearing the Royal Blue and White with pride so be it, their loss which is ultimately our gain.These thoughts are also directed towards our current playing stock. The last thing we need is a blood sucking leech sucking the life out of our club aka (Barba and co.)

I have followed this club for a very long time as much on here have. It's been a roller coaster ride through the good times and bad but ultimately the club does get it right. Will it be next year? Who knows. Have heart guys, take it easy and trust the powers that be.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoffman related to barba. Great signing :o History repeats...

Honestly, I hope the team performs well next year. The fullback is not the reason our team was bad this year. 2012 barba carried us.

Look back last year and without barba, what did we have? Who was our go to player? = nobody. Barba helped us out of the shit.

This year barba didn't cause the players to drop the ball, shit kicks, run to the side etc.

I'm not worried about a fullback until our team uses their brains!

Does anyone remember at the start of the year our team looked slow and unfit?

P.S **** barba the dog!

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dnt watch too many broncos games. The ganes ive seen hoffman isnt really a ball playing fullback. We need a fullbackwho can ggive us options when our halves have nothing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No he isn't a ball playing fullback. Neither was nor is Barba.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sign him on a 1 year deal as a short term solution until someone from the lower grades is ready to step up. Win/win
Will hopefully be this. We now have 2 gun fullbacks in the juniors but both are 1-2 seasons off first grade.

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone is kicking up a stink about noone wanting to join us.
- Hayne has not get out clause
- hoppa just did two years religious work. He isnt going to go back on his word
- Locke: its not easy moving to a different country and I dont blame him.
- folau chose money and the internationally recognized union.

If these players signed with a different nrl club then id question our clubs recruitment. But loyalty and money/lifestyle is something our club is not able to compete with

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest the whole side needs to git fitter, improve their defence and improve our completion rate to above 80%.We have a good enough roster to be in contention next year. If we don't do the basics we will again be an also ran side AGAIN. Look back on the year how muck fricken ball did we drop. Buying a fb player to solve the problem is a waste of time if the team doesn't do the basics first. I'm more concerned how most of our key forwards appear to me to be 5-7kg over weight, out injured frequently. Our backs and forwards drop the ball frequently , our attitude during important matches goes wandering. I'm happy with what ever fb Des decides on , to me fb not the issue our attitude and fitness concerns me more.....

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't remember reading a thread on the kennel with so much doom and gloom being tossed around. Let's face it folks no one has a clue, not even " the people in the know" about the inner sanctums and workings of our proud club and it's football department. I'd say you would have to be sleeping with Des to know what is truly happening behind the scenes at Belmore. Throwing up rumours or innuendos will not solve anything and no guys this is not tomorrow this is today.

We have heard from Jimmy and TG and their thoughts on the matter which is great :grinning: these guys are pretty much on the ball but then again no one knows everything and strangely enough Blue and white seems inconspicuous with his absence. Now all we need is for 5 spoons to throw his thoughts into the mix. On a separate thought Chip and Chase would be loving this thread.

I for one don't care about how many knock backs we receive and I'm not one to beg either!!! But at the end of the day you've got to be in it to win it. If these players can't see themselves wearing the Royal Blue and White with pride so be it, their loss which is ultimately our gain.These thoughts are also directed towards our current playing stock. The last thing we need is a blood sucking leech sucking the life out of our club aka (Barba and co.)

I have followed this club for a very long time as much on here have. It's been a roller coaster ride through the good times and bad but ultimately the club does get it right. Will it be next year? Who knows. Have heart guys, take it easy and trust the powers that be.
Well done. I find it sad that so many of the young members on this forum are so negative. And to assume that the Barba outcome and our failure to sign a high-profile replacement means that the club board is responsible is pathetic. The football side of things belongs solely with Des and his team. They will do the very best they can.

Max1961

New Pup
Reaction score
Would like to see Nathan Massey given a chance The guy has do much potential, only left the dogs before on the off chance Dugan was leaving the raiders but when he did get the opportunity at no 1 down there played really well. He is a local junior who is blue and white to the cot.

Status
Not open for further replies.