Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont mention any names, but one of the board members got voted in by simply nominating family and friends as members. After a few years they had voting rights and he waltzed in.
Yeap... and they wonder what's wrong!

CRAZY BULLDOG FAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just wondering if anyone else has heard the rumor that we have done a deal with brett stewart im hearing we have signed him but not 100% a true this rumor is.What I have heard its already a done deal

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We as fans need to kick up a stink about this. I don't want to end up like parra and the tigers.

Is there an outlet where we can properly address our concerns? I look at public traded companies and the inner workings aka management at some of these clubs disgust me.

Why won't any of the aforementioned join our club? All of them are going to be playing on the wing (hoff and Locke)

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any of the shit that tg,bw and Greek are true (which I don't doubt it is) then sitting around being patient will amount to nothing.

Sick of dumb ****** tarnishing our club.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I agree with what you said, the systems that Des is building from the Juniors up are exciting and it's something that should have been done years ago. Unfortunately Folks screwed us in his final couple of years and left a very bad culture at the club, when K Moore came we went too much the other way. Since Des has been here he has been finding the balance between good and evil so to speak.

I am very disappointed about the way we handled the Barba affair, if we were to let him go we should've done so at the start of the year even though he didn't ask for a release back then. Or we should have made an example out of him and dropped him to the NSW cup for the last 2 years... They way we bent over and took it up the back side really gets on my nerve, and I am a business man...
Yeah fair enough. I actually would have done a similar thing to SBW and said he can go to Brisbane to be with his family but since its all about family he doesn't play for another nrl club. That would have been a PR disaster though

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with what you said, the systems that Des is building from the Juniors up are exciting and it's something that should have been done years ago. Unfortunately Folks screwed us in his final couple of years and left a very bad culture at the club, when K Moore came we went too much the other way. Since Des has been here he has been finding the balance between good and evil so to speak.

I am very disappointed about the way we handled the Barba affair, if we were to let him go we should've done so at the start of the year even though he didn't ask for a release back then. Or we should have made an example out of him and dropped him to the NSW cup for the last 2 years... They way we bent over and took it up the back side really gets on my nerve, and I am a business man...
Most importantly, had secured a replacement before releasing him.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Inu is still filthy at the way he was dropped for the final game and we chose to play Barba instead..If you ask me instead of being filthy he should work on his fitness, because if he was fit, he would've had the FB spot ahead of Jmoz.
I don't blame Inu for being filthy, I think for someone who loves the team, to be dropped for someone that was giggling about leaving the club on National TV should have never happened. It shouldn't have taken place in any game, let alone a finals match. Like I had said to you, the week we were playing Brisbane...If Inu was to be dropped, given how well respected he is amongst the club as opposed to the other 'gentleman'...It wouldn't have had a positive affect on the morale of the team.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We as fans need to kick up a stink about this. I don't want to end up like parra and the tigers.

Is there an outlet where we can properly address our concerns? I look at public traded companies and the inner workings aka management at some of these clubs disgust me.

Why won't any of the aforementioned join our club? All of them are going to be playing on the wing (hoff and Locke)
You're a troll right? Given you're obvious first hand knowledge of the inner workings of our club and the financial situation and recruitment targets what exactly would you change? What's going on at boardroom and managerial level that you don't like?

Are you saying we SHOULD pay more than Hoppa is worth? Are you saying we SHOULD pay overs for Locke who, lets face it, is very hot and cold. Or should we pull a Jedi mind trick at the next Parra board meeting to get them to release Hayne?

You're comments are sensationalising the issue. You've attacked the board, management, coaching staff with gusto but the points you've been firing up about are merely hearsay

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm yet to see anything that even suggests Morris wants out and if you had any clue you'd know JM and his brother are two of the most down to earth blokes you'll ever meet and wouldn't know what an ego was.

This has to be one of the most out of line comments I've ever read for **** sake.

This is kennel and titter rumour not fact
I clearly said if and i was only responding to the above comments suggesting morris is unsettled an wants out. I never initiated any said rumour. Furthermore i was commenting on his 2013 form not how good a person he is. Ive spoken to him heaps of times however his form this year does not warrant an upgrade at all imo!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I'm saying. Who was available and if we hadn't found a replacement would you want that little maggot around just to prove a point?
That's true, but since this precedent has been set with us twice now... whose to say that next year another player wont do the same to chase money...

All I am saying is that these players are accountable for their action, If the club was to break the contract then the club will have to pay a compensation... We got zilch, Zero, Nada, Nothing...

We should have made an example of the little piece of sh1t, stick him in the NSW cup for 2 years then let him go where he wants... If Brisbane wanted him so bad then they should have been made to compensate us in form of player swap at the same calibre as Barba... Hoffman, Gillett etc... What did we gain from releasing him? Again, what's to stop the next player from pulling the same sh1t?

Bad PR or not, I don't care... we are a company, and a company doesn't give it's best asset away for a sweet F-All...

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a troll right? Given you're obvious first hand knowledge of the inner workings of our club and the financial situation and recruitment targets what exactly would you change? What's going on at boardroom and managerial level that you don't like?

Are you saying we SHOULD pay more than Hoppa is worth? Are you saying we SHOULD pay overs for Locke who, lets face it, is very hot and cold. Or should we pull a Jedi mind trick at the next Parra board meeting to get them to release Hayne?

You're comments are sensationalising the issue. You've attacked the board, management, coaching staff with gusto but the points you've been firing up about are merely hearsay
What I'm saying is that we should've had a replacement at hand before we released the rat. How many times has this happend where we've released good players or let them go? Cue 2004, apparently sbw in 2013, polar bear and now barba.

All I'm asking is how this board is elected?! I say it's disgusting because there is no transparency around the process. As club members do we have a say who is elected? Shareholders elect their own board members. Why can't we?

Call it sensationalising or whatever, but I've seen and heard of many of a company having hubris which has seen their undoing. I don't want the bulldogs to fall through because of a potentially incompetent board

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I clearly said if and i was only responding to the above comments suggesting morris is unsettled an wants out. I never initiated any said rumour. Furthermore i was commenting on his 2013 form not how good a person he is. Ive spoken to him heaps of times however his form this year does not warrant an upgrade at all imo!
Nobody said that he is unsettled and wants out... we said that he doesn't want the FB position and if this is what's the dogs has to offer than he will see his contract out and not resign...

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
That's true, but since this precedent has been set with us twice now... whose to say that next year another player wont do the same to chase money...

All I am saying is that these players are accountable for their action, If the club was to break the contract then the club will have to pay a compensation... We got zilch, Zero, Nada, Nothing...

We should have made an example of the little piece of sh1t, stick him in the NSW cup for 2 years then let him go where he wants... If Brisbane wanted him so bad then they should have been made to compensate us in form of player swap at the same calibre as Barba... Hoffman, Gillett etc... What did we gain from releasing him? Again, what's to stop the next player from pulling the same sh1t?

Bad PR or not, I don't care... we are a company, and a company doesn't give it's best asset away for a sweet F-All...
Yeah I agree. But as far as Hannant goes I think long term we'll get more out of Tolman

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dogs did the right thing with barba he was cancer for the club and ruined this season forcing him to say would have been a disaster ,i like a lot of you am very frustrated and disappointed but im trying to be patient and have faith that well get a suitable replacement ,although this year des has made some poor calls especially not dropping trex he rarely has 2 bad years

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that we should've had a replacement at hand before we released the rat. How many times has this happend where we've released good players or let them go? Cue 2004, apparently sbw in 2013, polar bear and now barba.

All I'm asking is how this board is elected?! I say it's disgusting because there is no transparency around the process. As club members do we have a say who is elected? Shareholders elect their own board members. Why can't we?

Call it sensationalising or whatever, but I've seen and heard of many of a company having hubris which has seen their undoing. I don't want the bulldogs to fall through because of a potentially incompetent board
We can vote as members. Of coarse we can. The crew of 2004 were out of control. Even Reni said that when he came back. I don't know what you are talking about with SBW this year. If the club did make an approach that cock Nasser used it to try and embarrass TG and the club so **** off SBW, when Hannant left we signed Tolman first who has been rock solid and I spoke to one of the trainers a few times during the year about Barba and trust me he wasn't liked. The club genuinely wanted to help him but he was just a self cantered little ****. It would have been more damaging to keep him

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The dogs did the right thing with barba he was cancer for the club and ruined this season forcing him to say would have been a disaster ,i like a lot of you am very frustrated and disappointed but im trying to be patient and have faith that well get a suitable replacement ,although this year des has made some poor calls especially not dropping trex he rarely has 2 bad years

I think everybody's frustration has been manifested by the Roosters winning the comp

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh Hoffman spotted at Bulldogs HQ this afternoon.

Source Peter Tuncks Talkin Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.