Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Does this thread have a source? And i dont mean alledged inside info or a mate of the belmore janitor.

In any case if Morris was so against being fb ongoing Inu and Perrett have fb experience. My preference would be Inu. With his skills and the way he barges the ball up already, he wouldnt be a silly option.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know i might strrike a chord with some fans on here but if morris wants to go then piss him off. Had a very poor year in 2013 compared to the hights he achieved in 2012 and if he wants to also blame his form on bb then he is even more unproffessional than i thought. Did absolutely jack shit this year and had fergo and hodges been fit for australia then he would not have made the aussie side. Sick of egotistical players holding our club to ransom. Stgeorge shafted the prick and we took him on when others put him in the too hardbasket (bennett). We have lafai raring to go at left centre to compensate. Go run to the dragqueens and mr price best coach in the under 10s

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Guys seriously we all need to calm the **** down. The club is not going to share every detail of our recruitment plan with the fans before anything happens. Do people honestly think Des and Crusher are sitting on a beach somewhere rubbing lotion into each others backs? They will be exploring every possible avenue to find or develop a suitable replacement.

People who are criticising our recruitment and retention strategies are being extremely harsh. The club managed the transition from Patten to Barba very well and Barba was seen as a long term fullback for the club. Since he was contracted for two more years there is no reason why we would have been planning on a replacement. Why would you keep the prick around? i spoke to one trainer who described his effect on the squad this year as nothing short of toxic. The pessimists will say that it reflects badly on the club that Hayne, Locke, Hopoate etc may have said no but it tells me that nobody is sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen.

The NRL is ever changing. You can see the way clubs are going about finding new coaches now. The tried and tested coaches who move from club to club are not sought after anymore as clubs are always looking for something new and fresh. So now Sheens and Smith etc are jobless and guys like Robinson and Green are getting the nod.

I think we should be looking at someone different. Curtis Naughton from the Bradford Bulls looks like a good prospect. He is emigrating with his family to Oz in the next few weeks. He is earmarked as a future star and looking at the footage of him I'd describe him as a Dugan kind of player, good kicking game, evasive, good defender, creative and not a midget. I'd give him a real good look.

Also if you look at who Des has recruited it's clear that steps are being made to ensure we have a steady stream of quality players coming through.

2014 will be brighter at Belmore

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I hope so...But whether he is interested or not is remain to be seen. He is struggling with injury atm
I've spoken to people who are close to said player and they said he struggles to maintain his body as an afl player. His hammys and muscles are just being punished by over exertion

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I know i might strrike a chord with some fans on here but if morris wants to go then piss him off. Had a very poor year in 2013 compared to the hights he achieved in 2012 and if he wants to also blame his form on bb then he is even more unproffessional than i thought. Did absolutely jack shit this year and had fergo and hodges been fit for australia then he would not have made the aussie side. Sick of egotistical players holding our club to ransom. Stgeorge shafted the prick and we took him on when others put him in the too hardbasket (bennett). We have lafai raring to go at left centre to compensate. Go run to the dragqueens and mr price best coach in the under 10s
I'm yet to see anything that even suggests Morris wants out and if you had any clue you'd know JM and his brother are two of the most down to earth blokes you'll ever meet and wouldn't know what an ego was.

This has to be one of the most out of line comments I've ever read for **** sake.

This is kennel and titter rumour not fact

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Out of curiosity who is our halves coach?

i know A.Johns is halves coach at Manly and Fittler did work with the Roosters halves this year!

surely we need a top halves coach to teach our current halves how to kick and teach them timing.

who knows what is going on with our fullback position. All is not lost as we do have Perrett and Inu who can play FB. I would rather one of them 2 than Morris at FB
It was kimmorley but he went to raiders. Now it's Orford

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was kimmorley but he went to raiders. Now it's Orford
Orford is a Dally M winner............

side note: how long will Kimmorley remain at the raiders now Ricky is head coach????

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Morris is very professional mate. I think you are being harsh on him.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's a silly comment mate... Morris is the ultimate professional we'll be lucky to have more guys like him in our group. He will never walk out on a contract, it's not in his DNA....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's a silly comment mate... Morris is the ultimate professional we'll be lucky to have more guys like him in our group. He will never walk out on a contract, it's not in his DNA....
TG can you tell us exactly where we are atm, if you can't say it on here can you pm me please?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys seriously we all need to calm the **** down. The club is not going to share every detail of our recruitment plan with the fans before anything happens. Do people honestly think Des and Crusher are sitting on a beach somewhere rubbing lotion into each others backs? They will be exploring every possible avenue to find or develop a suitable replacement.

People who are criticising our recruitment and retention strategies are being extremely harsh. The club managed the transition from Patten to Barba very well and Barba was seen as a long term fullback for the club. Since he was contracted for two more years there is no reason why we would have been planning on a replacement. Why would you keep the prick around? i spoke to one trainer who described his effect on the squad this year as nothing short of toxic. The pessimists will say that it reflects badly on the club that Hayne, Locke, Hopoate etc may have said no but it tells me that nobody is sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen.

The NRL is ever changing. You can see the way clubs are going about finding new coaches now. The tried and tested coaches who move from club to club are not sought after anymore as clubs are always looking for something new and fresh. So now Sheens and Smith etc are jobless and guys like Robinson and Green are getting the nod.

I think we should be looking at someone different. Curtis Naughton from the Bradford Bulls looks like a good prospect. He is emigrating with his family to Oz in the next few weeks. He is earmarked as a future star and looking at the footage of him I'd describe him as a Dugan kind of player, good kicking game, evasive, good defender, creative and not a midget. I'd give him a real good look.

Also if you look at who Des has recruited it's clear that steps are being made to ensure we have a steady stream of quality players coming through.

2014 will be brighter at Belmore
I agree with what you said, the systems that Des is building from the Juniors up are exciting and it's something that should have been done years ago. Unfortunately Folks screwed us in his final couple of years and left a very bad culture at the club, when K Moore came we went too much the other way. Since Des has been here he has been finding the balance between good and evil so to speak.

I am very disappointed about the way we handled the Barba affair, if we were to let him go we should've done so at the start of the year even though he didn't ask for a release back then. Or we should have made an example out of him and dropped him to the NSW cup for the last 2 years... They way we bent over and took it up the back side really gets on my nerve, and I am a business man...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
IMO either put the info out there or keep it to yourself, this pm boys club is boring. If you shouldn't be saying anything than whats the difference in PM'ing it?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TG can you tell us exactly where we are atm, if you can't say it on here can you pm me please?
Mate what Jimmy posted at the beginning of the thread is based on Pm's between me and him, (I'm actually surprised he chose to post it lol).

In short:

We have been knocked back by the 4 FB we approached. In hayne's case, Parra will not release him so stay tuned, Hoppa wants too much money which is a gamble.

There have been talks about KH but no formal offer has been extended.

JMoz doesn't want to be a FB, he is a centre and that's where he wants to play, he doesn't see himself as a FB.

Inu is still filthy at the way he was dropped for the final game and we chose to play Barba instead..If you ask me instead of being filthy he should work on his fitness, because if he was fit, he would've had the FB spot ahead of Jmoz.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Playing fullback shouldn't affect Morris's chances of rep duties, Inglis still gets a call up.
At least until one of our juniors stamds up or we find another replacement.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Does this thread have a source? And i dont mean alledged inside info or a mate of the belmore janitor.

In any case if Morris was so against being fb ongoing Inu and Perrett have fb experience. My preference would be Inu. With his skills and the way he barges the ball up already, he wouldnt be a silly option.
Regarding what I said about Morris, it was referring to after his contract and not during. Just to avoid a bit of confusion, I am not the type at least I would want to think so, that would just blirt out whatever comes to my head. I have spoken to three individuals in total on what the situation surrounding J-Moz was, and he honestly loves it at the dogs, but if anything at the moment is being forced to play in a position he doesn't want + was giving the run around from a possible contract upgrade. I later confirmed with TG through PM if my concerns surrounding Morris were false or correct, as I didn't feel it was right to place any concern on here, without been almost certain first. Regarding our fullback selections, myself, TG and Blue & White have already named certain candidates that the club were interested in. Obviously for neither of them to sign, you guys would have got the gist anyway that they had knocked back.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Whose on our board? and how do they get elected?

If so, we need to clean them out.

Ray Dib - Chairman
Paul Dunn - Deputy Chairman
Phil Charlton - Director
Arthur Coorey - Director
Anthony Elias - Director
Andrew Farrar - Director
Peter McMahon - Director

let me guess.. board wants moz at fullback? ****ing idiots if they are. Regardless of whether he will do well there or not (i think he would), you need to keep players happy... at the most basic level, is playing them in their RIGHT position. Hypocrites, the lot of them tbh.. you let someone leave because he is homesick, but you force someone to stay in a position they hate.
I wont mention any names, but one of the board members got voted in by simply nominating family and friends as members. After a few years they had voting rights and he waltzed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.