Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
This is really unacceptable. The other thing of note is that none of those players mentioned wanted to come to the dogs which highlights a problem and a really big question, Why? 3 of those 5 players careers are at a crossroads where you would think they would jump at an opportunity. If that's Morris's position than I say don't risk it and keep him at his chosen centre position.

Maybe you insiders may be able to advise us as to where this problem is stemming from within the administration because until now (choosing to believe this info) other than BB I thought our club was travelling ok. I have a feeling there is something very wrong here if a rich club with the best facilities, premiership winning coach and the talent in our team can't attract players??? If we can't attract and sign a player for 2014 who can seriously help and add to our lack of attacking options than we are wobbling already for next year.
Been a club in a very stable position can also have its negative aspects as well. The more unforunate thing about this, is des does not enjoyed working with a board that goes against him. Keep in mind that des doesnt have long to go in his contract. With all this happening, I would be surprised to see him stay..unless there are some major changes ASAP

Last edited by a moderator:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we let him go because he wanted to go?

Well I dont want to work anymore, whats going to happen now? This is really poor management on the part of the dogs. Really.

We better ****ing get Locke or Hoffman.

I think now cause we're perceived to be in a position of desperateness, the players' managers are going to be screwing down.. the power has now shifted to them and they can simply say: 'thats fine. we're not the ones who dont have a full back next season'.

Except I'd be willing to call the bluff especially in terms of Hoffman and Locke.. considering they'd be playing Holden Cup next year or benchwarming or being cold on the wing.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is really unacceptable. The other thing of note is that none of those players mentioned wanted to come to the dogs which highlights a problem and a really big question, Why? 3 of those 5 players careers are at a crossroads where you would think they would jump at an opportunity. If that's Morris's position than I say don't risk it and keep him at his chosen centre position.

Maybe you insiders may be able to advise us as to where this problem is stemming from within the administration because until now (choosing to believe this info) other than BB I thought our club was travelling ok. I have a feeling there is something very wrong here if a rich club with the best facilities, premiership winning coach and the talent in our team can't attract players??? If we can't attract and sign a player for 2014 who can seriously help and add to our lack of attacking options than we are wobbling already for next year.
Well it is odd, I agree. If you take Bennett for example, half the team went with him to Newcastle. Then Des leaves Manly and nobody follows him. I know Des & Wayne are not in same league yet as far as winning comps, but I thought we might snag a few manly players and failing that some other good talent from other teams. Well, that has not happened at all. Well, with the exclusion of TRex, but we do not want to go down that path again.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Not to sound rude but where is this thread coming from?

"rejected offers" what is this Football Manager on Playstation, since when did that become public knowledge?

I say wait and see, and as for Morris. He's impending departure has been three years in waiting tbh

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Been a club in a very stable position can also have its negative aspects as well. The more unforunate thing about this, is des does not enjoy working with a board that goes against him. Keep in mind that des doesnt have long to go in his contract. With all this happening, I would be surprised to see him stay..unless there are some major changes ASAP
Something smells off here, someone is dropping the ball at the dogs big time (and I wasn't referring to this years team).

Last edited by a moderator:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whose on our board? and how do they get elected?

If so, we need to clean them out.

Ray Dib - Chairman
Paul Dunn - Deputy Chairman
Phil Charlton - Director
Arthur Coorey - Director
Anthony Elias - Director
Andrew Farrar - Director
Peter McMahon - Director

let me guess.. board wants moz at fullback? ****ing idiots if they are. Regardless of whether he will do well there or not (i think he would), you need to keep players happy... at the most basic level, is playing them in their RIGHT position. Hypocrites, the lot of them tbh.. you let someone leave because he is homesick, but you force someone to stay in a position they hate.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We all laugh at Parra but it looks like our board is fuked too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoffman could be a possibility as he wants to play fullback but the Broncos signed Barba who is a fullback. I think earlier this year Hoffman was annoyed he couldn't cement his fullback position and was shafted to the wing or out the team for others to play fullback.

Frustration might lead him to leave and try our team as a possibility but his cousin might have put some ill words about our club in his ear :S
Hoffman also stated publicly that he doesn't want to leave Queensland because he wants to stay close to his family. I feel that if he did sign with us it would be because he believes he can pull the sympathy card to go home when a Queensland position opens up.

Well it is odd, I agree. If you take Bennett for example, half the team went with him to Newcastle. Then Des leaves Manly and nobody follows him. I know Des & Wayne are not in same league yet as far as winning comps, but I thought we might snag a few manly players and failing that some other good talent from other teams. Well, that has not happened at all. Well, with the exclusion of TRex, but we do not want to go down that path again.
Remember that Bennett left with everyone saying Thanks, Des left with everyone saying "Don't come back Traitor". It's possible that the Manly players didn't want to cop the same Stigma.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs are in discussions with a former international about the possibility of coming in 2014. The guy has not played in the NRL for 3 years and is currently playing for a Qld club. He could be a good replacement for Barba although he has had injuries over the last two years and has his current coach issuing a challenge to him to get back into 1st grade. I got this info from someone who is in the know at the board. He may have been pulling my chain though

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
EVANDER frakn CUMMINS .. he's still not tied up by St Merge, lives in Sydney, and is a VERY exciting prospect, stuck behind Beale and Dugan.

Why aren't we after him?

Or chuck Perrett at fullback?

Or what about the guy we bought mid season Corey Thompson was it?

or *GASP* ..... SOS MICHAEL LETT!!

DesDoesBelmore

New Pup
Reaction score
Dogs are in discussions with a former international about the possibility of coming in 2014. The guy has not played in the NRL for 3 years and is currently playing for a Qld club. He could be a good replacement for Barba although he has had injuries over the last two years and has his current coach issuing a challenge to him to get back into 1st grade. I got this info from someone who is in the know at the board. He may have been pulling my chain though
Its Yow Yei from the Broncos

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its Yow Yei from the Broncos
Nope the player wants to make sure that the club allows him to leave with no issues as he is contracted to end of 2014. The organisation does not want to lose another former international that it lost a big name at end of last season who has found a new home

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of your statement leads to Karmichael Hunt, but he plays for an AFL QLD club...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope the player wants to make sure that the club allows him to leave with no issues as he is contracted to end of 2014. The organisation does not want to lose another former international that it lost a big name at end of last season who has found a new home
Sounds like Izzy here

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
I can confirm everything you have said above from sources in the suns, except that part about being in discussions for the dogs that is news to me.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can confirm everything you have said above from sources in the suns, except that part about being in discussions for the dogs that is news to me.
He is injury prone... But great under the highball as well.

No formalm offer from the club has been made yet though.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is injury prone... But great under the highball as well.

No formalm offer from the club has been made yet though.
So could he be the so called darkhorse?

Status
Not open for further replies.