News Franklin Pele article

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How short is a short burst? I genuinely don't think he can last more than 5-10 minutes after watching him last season. He's a liability in defence the moment he gets on the park and only gets worse the longer he's on. I can't see him starting the year in first grade with Ciraldo being big on defence.
He can last that 100%.
And his not that bad of a defender he didn’t miss many tackles in Reggie’s last year. His tackle efficiency was right up there past 96%.
2x 10-15 minutes bursts should be fine for him

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How short is a short burst? I genuinely don't think he can last more than 5-10 minutes after watching him last season. He's a liability in defence the moment he gets on the park and only gets worse the longer he's on. I can't see him starting the year in first grade with Ciraldo being big on defence.
His last 7 games for Newtown he missed 2 tackles all up. Not bad I think

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He can last that 100%.
And his not that bad of a defender he didn’t miss many tackles in Reggie’s last year. His tackle efficiency was right up there past 96%.
2x 10-15 minutes bursts should be fine for him
He's a terrible defender, was absolutely shocking last season. Missing a handful of tackles is not an achievement when you're averaging about 12 a game and consistently get caught out around the ruck. He isn't playing unless he improves out of sight defensively.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's a terrible defender, was absolutely shocking last season. Missing a handful of tackles is not an achievement when you're averaging about 12 a game and consistently get caught out around the ruck. He isn't playing unless he improves out of sight defensively.
You say all this but you suck averillos dick when he’s one our shittest defenders. Make it make sense bra

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mavoni Tuifua had similar highlights lmao. Bunch of stat sheet only merchants and highlight only watches in this thread.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m not bro [emoji23] I just don’t understand why you would nag about one players defence but not another’s
Because Pele is a middle and Ciraldo wants a strong defensive middle. Look at Panther, they played with basically 3 props most the season, JFH, Leota and Spencer off the bench. The rest of the spots were filled by backrowers or players like Kenny and Salmon. If Pele doesn't get up to standards then Ciraldo won't play him and instead favour players like Waddell, Davey, Preston, etc.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Because Pele is a middle and Ciraldo wants a strong defensive middle. Look at Panther, they played with basically 3 props most the season, JFH, Leota and Spencer off the bench. The rest of the spots were filled by backrowers or players like Kenny and Salmon. If Pele doesn't get up to standards then Ciraldo won't play him and instead favour players like Waddell, Davey, Preston, etc.
I honestly don’t know why you think he’s such a bad defender?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I honestly don’t know why you think he’s such a bad defender?
Why do you think he's good? His workrate in defence is poor, bad at marker, struggles to join the defensive line, etc.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you think he's good? His workrate in defence is poor, bad at marker, struggles to join the defensive line, etc.
They get excited because they see a sick highlights reel of a Tongan dude steamrolling the opposition like a freight train but what you don’t see in these highlights reels is the downside, everything else. Like fat chicks and their selfies of just the face.

btw/ your username Critta is also the nickname of Stephen Crichton coincidentally

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In essence comes could be young kasiano could be sione/John kite. Up to him.

Definitely some potential and the fact he can run pretty fast and far shows he has cardio, lacks endurance. If he wants it he can make it. Cleary physically gifted.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your a good judge "Critts" but did you watch many of Newtown's NSW Cup games really? If so..why lol.

Trials will tell if CC thinks he is ready or close, I thought maybe he could achieve these 2 x 15 minutes explosive bursts but I'm not all over his play and deficiencies.
If we're short or stretched I reckon Ray might be middling it up or even Waddell who has played a full game in the middle at prop(according to the stats I saw) could be an option.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously still weren't born :laughing: when Turvey was doing it in the era when the likes of the monsters Cleal, Maninga and Miles ruled the lands.
How can you compare?
Cleal no doubt a better player all things considered in his era but just in terms of steamroll this Pele is next level
EEFBFBEB-D9D1-4BFC-BB08-8132283052D6.jpeg930424BA-CCEE-4A0D-ADCF-D6DB19F05075.jpeg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In essence comes could be young kasiano could be sione/John kite. Up to him.

Definitely some potential and the fact he can run pretty fast and far shows he has cardio, lacks endurance. If he wants it he can make it. Cleary physically gifted.
100% he's got potential and we're obviously in need of some size but until he improves defensively I just can't see him playing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your a good judge "Critts" but did you watch many of Newtown's NSW Cup games really? If so..why lol.

Trials will tell if CC thinks he is ready or close, I thought maybe he could achieve these 2 x 15 minutes explosive bursts but I'm not all over his play and deficiencies.
If we're short or stretched I reckon Ray might be middling it up or even Waddell who has played a full game in the middle at prop(according to the stats I saw) could be an option.
About 4 games or so. I do think RFM will shift into the middle during games with Davey/Preston switching to the edge so it could be a full-time move for RFM at some point.