News Franklin Pele article

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unlike most guys his size, Pele has legit athleticism and ability. He's not just a plodding giant. He just needs to improve his fitness so he can play longer than 15 minute stints in FG. Even with limited game time, he can make a huge impact in some games off the bench. I like his upside and am glad we signed him.

Last edited:

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pele does seem on track to get fit and be more mobile in defence.
To be competitive in 2023, there is pressure on emerging players like Pele to step up.
Still only have 4 quality forwards in King, Mahoney, TPJ and Kikau.
By the end of 2023 hopefully that number is 6 or more.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pele does seem on track to get fit and be more mobile in defence.
To be competitive in 2023, there is pressure on emerging players like Pele to step up.
Still only have 4 quality forwards in King, Mahoney, TPJ and Kikau.
By the end of 2023 hopefully that number is 6 or more.
I’d argue for rfm if he can stay healthy.

Davey was pretty solid overall in my opinion to. Light years ahead of Stimson or some of the other fucking frauds we have had.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looks pretty fit, for a bloke who is meant to be unfit
Doesnt he look like a weapon! We all know a change of scenery can have a positive effect on players, and he even recognises this himself. Factor into this that we have a new coach who is highly regarded sought after, and a whole team of players keen to impress him, and theres no doubt in my mind that Pele will rise to the challenge this year. Having Shrek and Mason pushing him to improve, and the s8gns are very positive indeed!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesnt he look like a weapon! We all know a change of scenery can have a positive effect on players, and he even recognises this himself. Factor into this that we have a new coach who is highly regarded sought after, and a whole team of players keen to impress him, and theres no doubt in my mind that Pele will rise to the challenge this year. Having Shrek and Mason pushing him to improve, and the s8gns are very positive indeed!
Weapon indeed,Im hoping we have found our Haas

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Yeah we’ll see …

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once he gets real fit and at his best playing weight we'll find out if he's got a good enough motor for a couple of 15-20 minute stints. If he can bring some quality and grunt to our main middle rotation it will solve a big problem. Gus mentioned edge but I don't see that any time soon.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like a machine, if he has a big motor an can put some good mins in he will smash peeps, hope we get the best of him,, Bring on 23, new season excitement building.!!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy I’m telling u if they can get him fit ,ka boom kikau and pele
Making line breaks and offloads.
Let’s trot in support.
So pumped for 2023 we have so much room for improvement it’s not funny.
Even the flange might start running more
Don’t forget TPJ looks in top notch shape to I really feel our attack will shape up this year and hopefully be a good watch.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willy Mason would be great for this kid, he doesn’t pull any punches, he’d be telling Pele that now is his time, if he wants to become a great Bulldogs player everything’s going to come down to how much he puts in at training, if he has a massive pre season and then continues to be the best at training every week he can become an elite player for us ..

Last edited: