Official Forget Mo

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
There have been plenty of players on the market we have missed out on. If you have pulling power and stroke, you do what needs to be done to entice them away from their clubs. Fair enough if Payne Haas wants to stay at the broncs, but when you have elite forwards opting to stay at loser clubs like the titans rather than come to us, that is just embarrassing.

Awww but the pwayer mawket!!!
Because you read it in the terrorcrap you think you know the truth. Player agents would be using us to up their player values. Do we throw 200 to 300k more to all players just to get a decent prop or half. Than get out cap out of whack. Maybe if your are smart and stop and think for a second . The time to pay over and get that missing peice is when our juniors are ready to play NRL and we have 4 or 5 kids with experienced players and need 1nor 2 more players to challenge. You don't pay overs to compete. That is short term moronic decision, like have have done for the last 5yrs. Flange was a stupid over priced purchase as was Thompson, tpj , foran and the list goes on. We aren't buying for every position we have a few star players that didn't break the bank and don't say critta because if critta works at fullback that is a good deal. So time will tell.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There have been plenty of players on the market we have missed out on. If you have pulling power and stroke, you do what needs to be done to entice them away from their clubs. Fair enough if Payne Haas wants to stay at the broncs, but when you have elite forwards opting to stay at loser clubs like the titans rather than come to us, that is just embarrassing.

Awww but the pwayer mawket!!!
Fotuaika like many others (Haas, Tino, Fifita etc) re-signed well before they were allowed to negotiate with other clubs after November 1.. They were probably never leaving their current clubs. The cap going up and the 17th team has killed the player market as most key players re-signed..

There are less than a handful of star players that changed clubs for 2024 that we missed out on. Almost every other club has struggled to recruit for 2024 as well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because you read it in the terrorcrap you think you know the truth. Player agents would be using us to up their player values. Do we throw 200 to 300kk more to all players just to get a decent prop or half. Than get out cap out of wack. Maybe if your are smart and stop and think for a second . The time to pay over and get that missing peice is when our juniors are ready to play NRL and we have 4 or 5 kids with experienced players and need 1nor 2 more players to challenge. You don't pay overs to compete. That is short term moronic decision, like have have done for the last 5yrs. Flange was a stupid over priced purchase as was Thompson, tpj , foran and the list goes on. We aren't buying for every position we have a few star players that didn't break the bank and don't say critta because if critta works at fullback that is a good deal. So time will tell.
Lol we have supposedly one of the shrewdest minds in the game at our disposal, not to mention one of the country's more powerful businessman, and you're trying to tell me there's an excuse for not being able to sign top talent without paying massive overs? Get real, fam.

All available evidence suggests Crichton will flop spectacularly at fullback. He has played there multiple times in the strongest system in the comp and hasn't looked like a fullback's bum-hole. He is on overs, 100 percent. And less valuable to us than a genuine elite prop would be. The flashiest outside back in the comp ain't gonna do squat without go forward and halves to feed him good ball.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
has it ever occurred to you that maybe some players don't want to relocate and are happy to stay at the club they're at?
Why would they want to stay at the Titans and remain losers if they didn't think they would be losers by coming here? This joint has lost its aura, and Gus has done nothing to reestablish it.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would they want to stay at the Titans and remain losers if they didn't think they would be losers by coming here? This joint has lost its aura, and Gus has done nothing to reestablish it.
better lifestyle and cheaper than Sydney for starters. anyway gus can't fix this mess straight away it'll take time and we'll be back in the top 8 within the next 2 years

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be that signings are being impacted not by salary cap but the difficulty in moving on players that are taking up top 30 places

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
better lifestyle and cheaper than Sydney for starters. anyway gus can't fix this mess straight away it'll take time and we'll be back in the top 8 within the next 2 years
We've been hearing that old chestnut for the past few years now. Will believe it when I see it.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean you went to zero tackle & copy pasted [emoji106].

But that’s only 1/2 of what you said ..

Who’s this top half back Gould should sign ..

We’ve signed what was available for FB ..

Nice deflection though Fizbo … stick to making snow cones ..
Plz refer to my carefully handcrafted list for further signing suggestions

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roach is back. Damn I had high hopes that you were road kill. Go ahead buzz bitch and give your take on how the club have failed again
Never left ;)need to keep u and the other gus circle jerkers in check. V disappointing missing out on Mo don’t ya think bow

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit where it’s due …

You did say they had the money to re-sign him …

But Tino, Fifita, Mo and a few others on big money reeks of a Manly type set up, they’ll compete well, but due to being an unbalanced squad they’ll have weaknesses in other areas that the top teams will exploit, that’s what will keep them from being a threat for a premiership under Hasler ..
Thanks,
And yeah you are right and I have criticised the manky setup in the past, but I am thinking now it might be the way of the future with expansion.
The talent pool is spread out so thin that players that ‘move tha dial’ are going to command huge salaries and around them are the players that can handle first grade but don’t really win games.
Some teams will avoid this, liek Penrith with they juniors, and Roosters with their reputation and tricks, but any team down below will be having to be top heavy.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Patolo is in the same class as Ogden, Atoni etc. They’re all fringe first graders and nothing more.
Did u know that the eels have just released Ogden by not picking up his 2nd year option?
That’s on top of Roosters moving on min wage Atoni to a bottom club side in England after last year.
Very telling in a market with no prop depth.
Patolo will be gone end of next year I feel it on my man tittles.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t get your head around it ???

It’s blatantly obvious … you can’t just pluck players out of thin air !!

There are no elite props on the market, those that may have been available were offered an upgrade and decided to stay with their original clubs ..

What elite halfbacks are available ? …… you keep blaming Gould for not signing one, but you never answered the question …. Who’s available for him to sign … who do you suggest he goes after ??

Gus has bought one of the most talented athletes in the league in Crichton who they feel could be an elite FB, plus they’ve signed Taaffe as well who was the best on the market & just won MOM in a cup football winning premiership side ..

You can’t just go offer players way overs because you unbalance the cap and team, and if they flop or go lazy on the money like TPJ they can take years to move on .. it’s a balancing act ..

But you know all this it just doesn’t make for good trolling !!

Gus knows what he’s doing, you have no idea …. stick to what you know Fizbo, making snow cones ..
Great post 67!!

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score
Lol we have supposedly one of the shrewdest minds in the game at our disposal, not to mention one of the country's more powerful businessman, and you're trying to tell me there's an excuse for not being able to sign top talent without paying massive overs? Get real, fam.

All available evidence suggests Crichton will flop spectacularly at fullback. He has played there multiple times in the strongest system in the comp and hasn't looked like a fullback's bum-hole. He is on overs, 100 percent. And less valuable to us than a genuine elite prop would be. The flashiest outside back in the comp ain't gonna do squat without go forward and halves to feed him good ball.
Its common sense really.
What star player joins a wooden spoon club?
If you're a start player do you join the Bulldogs currently?
I wouldn't unless offered way abocve market.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm a big Mo fan, but we missed out. I agree with other posters that said given how far ahead of Nov he's signed, that he never was going anywhere. Titans with close to, if not the most expensive pack in the game. Good luck to them, just please keep Des up there and away from us.

Mo started somewhere before he was a champion. We need to find the next 2 to 3 guys that are now where he was 3 years ago. They're the signings I'll be cheering. I know we need class next year, but there's none out there. I hope in the absence of marquees, we find one or two "future Mo's". I'd rather that than another t-rex, thommo, dwz, cotric or any of those other boat anchors around our necks we paid massive overs for.