Official Forget Mo

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well he is the best defensive centre in the comp and we definitely need a good edge defender.. And as a bonus he is a great attacking player and goal kicker. He is a recruitment win for us and if you can't see it than that shows your agenda is to be the anti ..Enjoy that journey it takes serious effort to maintain a negative stance.
Lets just see if his defensive record holds up with the chaos inside him. His attacking strengths will be useless without go forward.

It doesn't take that much effort to maintain a negative stance when we're conceding 30 points a game. I would say it would take more effort to be optimistic lol

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lets just see if his defensive record holds up with the chaos inside him. His attacking strengths will be useless without go forward.

It doesn't take that much effort to maintain a negative stance when we're conceding 30 points a game. I would say it would take more effort to be optimistic lol
The year is over, what we sore was extraordinary bad. There has been some excuses for the season but not the attitude drop apart players not buying in, hence the turn over in players. I have no doubt we won't see a repeat next year.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

if we stay injury free our edge defence should be significantly better, its mainly the middle that'll be a problem next season

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointing that MO did not sign with us. Just reinforces the old problem of players not wanting to come to Belmore.
To be fair. Would you want to leave the coast and relocate to belmore?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok but my point is let's develop and bring in a few kids , add to that the experience the current crop will have and then get the marquee player we need in 2yrs. If we over pay now it's wasted as it won't make a difference. When we are ready to compete for top for the marquee we sign now will be on their last yr of contract. Than they will want an upgrade and the cycle continue. We need 25 to 30 NRL ready players not 12 to 15. The cap with no development of kids won't work. Recent history shows we have failed in many areas, recruitment, retention and most of all development. Can't find all problems at one time with a cap.
We're wasting salary cap just developing and bringing in a few kids (mostly done outside top 30 anyways) + they will struggle in a struggling team. Our top squad doesn't have enough good experience or talent = need marquees. Gus has said we have loads of $.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Leniu was allowed to negotiate with other clubs. There's a big difference.

Have a look at the players other clubs have signed and you'll see there's very little activity across the comp. Way less than previous years.

It's not an excuse when no other clubs can negotiate with those players and they re-sign with their current club on huge deals.
Leniu would have been perfect. Too bad Gus got alphad by Uncle Nick lol

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don't sign Keaon Koloamatangi, we are absolutely fucked. When i say fucked, i mean fucked.

He was a bulldogs supporter when younger. Grew up in Canterbury area. His sister is in our Tarsha Gale cup.

There's no way Gus fucks this up. If he wanted to stay at the Rabbitohs, he would have resigned ages ago.

Gus always looks calm and relaxed when signings are being spoken about and confidently stated we have about 8-9 signings coming up after the Grand Final.

We've landed our selves a big fish i reckon.
Lets hope so, if he is already signed it would have to be for 24, I believe that players for 25 cannot be signed until November 1

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Leniu would have been perfect. Too bad Gus got alphad by Uncle Nick lol
I agree we really needed that signing. It seemed like a done deal before the Roosters gazumped us. That's one we could have had that we needed. Hopefully we can get May from the Roosters now that Leniu will take a lot of his minutes..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well thank God your not in control of signings. Crichton solves alot of problems in leadership, on field talk and defence. But apparently know it alls like you...know more then a multiple winning 1st grade coach.
People said the same things about Mahoney. How did that go this year?

The Kennel does more flip flopping than Kamahl. You’ll all hate Crichton by round 10… and I’ll be defending him because, as much as I don’t agree with the signing, it ain’t his fault the club makes bad decisions.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 2-300k a season more living out in Cronulla and 30mins drive from training…. Absolutely
So did we offer him 2 to 300k more? After tax that's not much. House prices are far superior on coast than Cronulla. Cronulla is a tip compared to the coast

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So when one of the best outside backs in the world is available we just shouldn't put an offer in because it isn't the position we need the most. Wake up to yourself mate. When players like that are available you take them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH when I saw the title ‘Forget Mo’ I had a panic attack.
I thought you guys wanted to forget Mohammed Saab, ex BPsoldier, who got shot up by Iranian idiots from Bass Hill.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
V grim.

I really cant get my head around how we are still without props, halfback and a fullback after all the money weve had to sling around over the past 24mths
The good ones are not going to leave their clubs unless they are a chance of playing in a GF in 2024.
Their clubs will not let them go if they have the money to keep them.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The good ones are not going to leave their clubs unless they are a chance of playing in a GF in 2024.
Their clubs will not let them go if they have the money to keep them.
The Titians have more than 2.5mil tied in with 3 forwards, That's insane.