News Foran wants future sorted soon

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
BY sitting back when he needs to step up, ie the last 20 last week
by being injured, or coming back to early and having no involvement in games
That's not winning the games then, you want him to always be the one to "step up"
I can't remember once where he fucked up or made an error in judgement that "cost us the game"

The ONLY valid point you have is that he remains 60 minutes match fit.

Other teams know Foran is our only threat in attack. He would be much more effective with a decent 9 and/or 7 in the team.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Now that the green boat has sailed by, we really do need to wrap up Foran.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's no winning the games then, you want him to always be the one to "step up"
I can't remember once where he fucked up or made an error in judgement that "cost us the game"
No one expects him to always have to step up when it counts, when the game is on the line. But, he never does.

He doesn’t fuck up in the big moments of a game or make a mistake that cost us, because he avoids it like the plague..

Foran when fit is a fearless clever footballer that makes shit happen. But he has always had Stacey Jones, Benji, Shaun Johnson, Matt Orford, DCE or similar on the park with him that wanted the ball in thier hands when it matters. KForan is not a big moment player.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No one expects him to always have to step up when it counts, when the game is on the line. But, he never does.

He doesn’t fuck up in the big moments of a game or make a mistake that cost us, because he avoids it like the plague..

Foran when fit is a fearless clever footballer that makes shit happen. But he has always had Stacey Jones, Benji, Shaun Johnson, Matt Orford, DCE or similar on the park with him that wanted the ball in thier hands when it matters. KForan is not a big moment player.
Look I get what you say. I agree it will be best for the Club & Foran to go seperate ways.

Further delay leaves us with Lewis & Wakeham next season. Fuck that is a nightmare.

My point has been you don't offer your senior half $300k to $350k for 1 year and expect a good result if he does take the deal, which I don't think he will, so it is probably academic.

I'm hoping the club is talking to another good and experienced half or 9 or both for next season because that is what the club desperately needs.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see the value in keeping foz if no other alternatives can be obtained... but there should be a clear limit that no rationale management should exceed.. seems like a few of our members on here show a bit too much emotional connection with foran...
The emotional connection relates to Foran in his Manly days, what is amazing is that they can't get over what he did at Manly 5 years ago, but forget what he has been in the last 5 years.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snippet in the Newcastle Herald today says the Foran link to the Knights was a total fabrication . Just his manager trying to create interest in him to get his price up and try and force the dogs hand.

That’s very disappointing. What has the world come to when you can’t trust a player manager ???

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snippet in the Newcastle Herald today says the Foran link to the Knights was a total fabrication . Just his manager trying to create interest in him to get his price up and try and force the dogs hand.

That’s very disappointing. What has the world come to when you can’t trust a player manager ???
That’s what all managers do, especially to teams that already have to pay overs!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He can start today against a weakened storm side

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The article in the threat about Georgalis wanting to go to the Cowboys they quote Georgalis as saying:

On the recruitment front, Georgallis remains hopeful that five-eighth Kieran Foran will remain at Canterbury despite the playmaker rejecting the club’s initial offer of less than $400,000 for a season.

Foran had been linked to Newcastle where he would join lifelong friend, Mitchell Pearce
"I think the negotiations are going quite well from what I hear,” Georgallis said.

“It hasn’t affected Kieran’s preparation."

The article is only a couple of days old so does he know something we don't and he let the cat out of the bag or is he just going on old information?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since it’s come out his manager playing silly buggers. We should say sign original offer or thanks for comming. And say like Stewart does at Canberra. You have two weeks or offer disappears
End story

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should lower the offer if the ball is in our court, cant see him wanting to go overseas either .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hes a tampon
every time is out the team has to change the way they play, players coming in and out, combinations affected in the most key position.
He costs more then he is worth. No doubt he provides good value on occasion and we play better as a team. But very likely thats cause hes surrounded by rubbish in the other spine positions
A tampon stays in longer than him.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Longer we persist with players doing nothing for us the longer we wait to play finals football. We need to start embracing change and we need lots of it

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just because he’s named 36 times doesn’t mean he’s played 36 times. How many times has he started a game and not finished it, 5-10 games?

but I agree with the point overall, poor investment
And how many of the 36 were returning from injury and he took 3 to 4 games to work his way up to being a passenger for 30mins as per his standard?