News Foran wants future sorted soon

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been a huge fan of Foran all his 1st grade career, over the past few months i was supportive of him staying but having seen his struggles with movement during games i just think we need to let him go and invest the monies elsewhere.
Depends on who else we may or may not get but i can't see him playing at belmore next year at all now
Yeah I agree in that I think the club and Foran should go in a diffent direction, and I was a big fan of Foran coming to the club.

Having said that, Foran has looked less & less like the tin man in recent games. I thought he has been good the last three games, if he had stayed on the field against St George we would of won that game.

I definitely feel he has something to offer in the NRL but needs a pack that goes forward and a good organizing halfback to work with.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wouldn’t find a more experienced 5/8 for 400k... but if he wants more money than politely show him the door.
No but experience is more a mental and a knowledge strength. But if you are not on the field for more than three quarters of the year what good is his experience to us? I'd show him the door either way.
We have shown him much respect and faith in signing him in the first place so we owe him nothing.
One thing I, like many dont enjoy is with every game he plays we sit in anticipation for his next injury, hobble, wince in pain etc etc. He is a liability unfortunately even if we get him for free. We need to move on and chase another 5/8 or with Barrett next year hopefully he can take our other halves to another level. That's what Barrett is paid big bucks to do.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe TBaz has other plans? I wonder if he has rang him yet? We won’t really know what TBaz plans are for the spine until we start signing some spine players!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FMD ... its a wonder who people support??. The club or a broken down half..

Seems like some are happy for the club to continue to get screwed as long as Mr Foran is happy..

Fck him... if he wants more than 400k he can go and be the leader of some other teams rehab squad..

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what would be good, if we put Foran on a contract based on how many games he doesn't play.
Will that work?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Again.
900k contract over 2x years.

year two activated with 18 games played.

easy.Errrrrbody wins!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Seems like some are happy for the club to continue to get screwed as long as Mr Foran is happy..

Fck him... if he wants more than 400k he can go and be the leader of some other teams rehab squad..
even at 400k im sure he costs more than that in games missed and discontinuation for the team

Now last week if he were a true half he would have stepped up in that last 20 and created something

instead he sat back like a fucking cat and let lewis throw short balls to tolman for the last 20mins

Hes won us some games but hes also lost us some games with the way hes been playing

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
even at 400k im sure he costs more than that in games missed and discontinuation for the team

Now last week if he were a true half he would have stepped up in that last 20 and created something

instead he sat back like a fucking cat and let lewis throw short balls to tolman for the last 20mins

Hes won us some games but hes also lost us some games with the way hes been playing
Not to mention the doctors, hospital, physio, rehab costs and even his bandages bill :grinning:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what injuries he has over the past 3 seasons, we are a better side when he plays.
Some idiots never learn, we need to look to the future, playing a broken down player who is not going to be here long term and depriving an up and coming star of learning experience is stupidly.
If Foran is re signed all he would do is hold Averillo back, Averillo would learn more from Barett's coaching, than watching Foran hobble around the field, or been carried off injured in the medicab.

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some idiots never learn, we need to look to the future, playing a broken down player who is not going to be here long term and depriving an up and coming star of learning experience is stupidly.
If Foran is re signed all he would do is hold Averillo back, Averillo would learn more from Barett's coaching, than watching Foran hobble around the field, or been carried off injured in the medicab.
Hes a tampon
every time is out the team has to change the way they play, players coming in and out, combinations affected in the most key position.
He costs more then he is worth. No doubt he provides good value on occasion and we play better as a team. But very likely thats cause hes surrounded by rubbish in the other spine positions

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate if he doesn’t sign for a reduced fee then see ya later Foz!

I think TNaz will have a plan and I hope it’s Burton

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won’t know the plan moving forward until some signings and the off season

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate if he doesn’t sign for a reduced fee then see ya later Foz!

I think TNaz will have a plan and I hope it’s Burton
I can see the value in keeping foz if no other alternatives can be obtained... but there should be a clear limit that no rationale management should exceed.. seems like a few of our members on here show a bit too much emotional connection with foran...