News Foran wants future sorted soon

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Unfortunately yes. Nasheed posted some disgusting picture which belonged on the dark web.
i did no such thing. I posted a conversation that proved there was an approach to Burton. There was some video links above it, and it wasnt blood, it was poo.

Reactions: DT

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one wants him, he'll stay and he'll take what we offer.

I saw an interview with Lewis and he said Barrett has called him. My stomach turned as I read it and I immediately took smoko. I was hoping he would just ghost Lewis tbh hahahaha.
Most here have no idea of the potential of Lewis. I'm with Barrett. Lewis has tremendous potential. Whether it's realised on not depends on how hard he wants to work on his speed and skills drills that Barrett assigns him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most here have no idea of the potential of Lewis. I'm with Barrett. Lewis has tremendous potential. Whether it's realised on not depends on how hard he wants to work on his speed and skills drills that Barrett assigns him.
You can't coach speed. You can get a few % quicker using certain techniques but that's about it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can't pass, among other things. But the guy cant pass as a half.

He is horrible.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. Unfortunately yes. Nasheed posted some disgusting picture which belonged on the dark web.
Radio Raheem get your damn facts straight man.....it wasn't blood, it was poo
A bleeding anus is disgusting but a "pooing" anus is well.....classy. I'm sure the kiddies love seeing that
Don't forget the other image of the weird constipated looking guy.....that was probably another dodgy video

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radio Raheem get your damn facts straight man.....it wasn't blood, it was poo
A bleeding anus is disgusting but a "pooing" anus is well.....classy. I'm sure the kiddies love seeing that
Don't forget the other image of the weird constipated looking guy.....that was probably another dodgy video
certainly the Taree insider who feeds all the info to Nasheed must love those videos as well . Maybe this insider is in the Mid North Coast Correctional Centre and it explains why they were sharing videos of poo/blood coming out of an anus.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has been playing way better since Pay has left, in-fact we can all see the whole club is. And his confidence seems to be rubbing off on Lewis, or maybe Pay was stifling his game also!
What happened against the Storm?
May I remind you that in the last 2 seasons under Pay...for the last 8 to 10 games of the season we never suffered a loss as bad as the loss we just suffered last weekend against the Storm. We also had a winning % in the back end of the last 2 years of over 75%.
So in what parallel universe are we better since Pay left?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't let reality get in the way of the kennels soapegoat.

Pay and Hasler were perfectly good coaches.

Our problems only came form salary cap mismanagement

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let reality get in the way of the kennels soapegoat.

Pay and Hasler were perfectly good coaches.

Our problems only came form salary cap mismanagement
You've been sniffing too much white powder

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran was hobbled again today. He came back on but the fact that he used a valuable interchange with a rolled ankle that he could have had strapped on the field is a sign of how much he fears the worst and takes himself off the minute he's hurt because of the mental scars of his injury history..

He did the same against Saints a few weeks back and we lost because of it... Foran is far too brittle and banged up to even consider re-signing next year even if he has played much better this year. Any form he's showing is a mirage that I hope the club doesn't fall for..

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasn't snapped his knee yet, worth hanging onto unless he requires major surgery in the off season.
Showing glimpses of brilliance is he not?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran was hobbled again today. He came back on but the fact that he used a valuable interchange with a rolled ankle that he could have had strapped on the field is a sign of how much he fears the worst and takes himself off the minute he's hurt because of the mental scars of his injury history..

He did the same against Saints a few weeks back and we lost because of it... Foran is far too brittle and banged up to even consider re-signing next year even if he has played much better this year. Any form he's showing is a mirage that I hope the club doesn't fall for..
I've been trumpetting for Foran to stay at the Dogs as I think he adds invaluable experience.

However, at the present time he's not playing for now but for the future which I don't think is with the Dogs. Clearly, as you say, he fears the worst and is constantly protecting himself against potential injuries. It's not productive having a player who's not fully committed, and he clearly isn't if he's taking himself off to tape his ankle.

As you say, he did the same against the Saints, and will do the same next week. I do think if his future was certain he wouldn't be taking himself off, BUT it does show a glaring mental weakness which we don't really need if I'm honest.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
K ieran Foran is yet to hear from Canterbury's next coach Trent Barrett but hopes to have his own NRL future resolved in the next month.

Foran's big-money contract with the Bulldogs is set to expire at the end of this season and a pay cut is likely for the five-eighth.

The 30-year-old indicated on Sunday he wanted to remain at the Bulldogs, after injuries have restricted to him just 36 of a possible 60 games for the club.

It comes on the same weekend he was linked to Newcastle with the Wests Tigers also rumoured to be showing interest.

"The club has been pretty patient with me," Foran said.

"I had every intention of playing each week and playing my best footy. I have just had a horrible run of luck with injuries.

"If I can have a change of luck and stay on the field I would love to do that with Canterbury."

Foran showed in the Bulldogs' loss to Parramatta what he can do when he can stay on the field, establishing nice combinations on his left edge.

And the Kiwi international would ideally like his future sorted quickly, not wanting it to drag into the off-season.

"It would be nice to get it done within the next few weeks for sure," he said.

"There is obviously a process that needs to go through from both sides.

"I'm really comfortable with what the club need to do in that regard. And they're respectful of what I need to do.

"There is a real genuine respect from both sides. Hopefully we are able to sort something out."

Foran though is yet to have that conversation with Barrett.

Last week Adam Elliott revealed he'd spoken to Barrett about his future, with the second-rower off contract and in demand.

Elliott though is out injured, and with Foran on the field all his dealings have been with Bulldogs management.

"I haven't had a chat with Baz, haven't spoken to him," Foran said.

"I think he's pretty busy with his stuff over there, they're flying at the moment. As players here we're not looking too far forward to next year.

"We've just got to focus on what we've got in front of us here and get some wins for the morale of the club."
If KF knocks back 400k at the dogs, it would be difficult for either the Knights or the Tiges to offer him more.....look at their respective cap issues.....not easy FOZ.....

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
What happened against the Storm?
May I remind you that in the last 2 seasons under Pay...for the last 8 to 10 games of the season we never suffered a loss as bad as the loss we just suffered last weekend against the Storm. We also had a winning % in the back end of the last 2 years of over 75%.
So in what parallel universe are we better since Pay left?
Settle down little fan hobbit

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been trumpetting for Foran to stay at the Dogs as I think he adds invaluable experience.

However, at the present time he's not playing for now but for the future which I don't think is with the Dogs. Clearly, as you say, he fears the worst and is constantly protecting himself against potential injuries. It's not productive having a player who's not fully committed, and he clearly isn't if he's taking himself off to tape his ankle.

As you say, he did the same against the Saints, and will do the same next week. I do think if his future was certain he wouldn't be taking himself off, BUT it does show a glaring mental weakness which we don't really need if I'm honest.
Very fickle Serbian fan you are.

you used to say it's important Foran takes care of his body and doesn't kamikaze himself at the opponents. It made me think at the time.

foran has logged on hereand read it and listened and now you want to criticise him for it?

the answer is obvious.
450 a year next year. He will shackle out a bit but still have habits for his health

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s not part of the future. Thank you for your service but plain and simple we need to move on from Foran.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
He’s not part of the future. Thank you for your service but plain and simple we need to move on from Foran.
If your paying 400-450K he should be part of the setup. Anything more and it's hard pass. It's not like we can't hold onto other halves in case he gets injured.