Football Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg is poised for a £3m move to West Ham. (Various)

Newcastle are targeting Real Madrid striker Julio Baptista, who was on loan at Arsenal last season. (Sunday Mirror)

Werder Bremen want Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka after Arsenal's interest stalled. (Sunday Mirror)

West Ham are poised to make a bid for Portsmouth striker Lomana LuaLua after he moved down the pecking order at Fratton Park. (Sunday Mirror)

But Hammers boss Alan Curbishley may step up his interest in Newcastle's Kieron Dyer after the Hammers lost 2-0 to Lazio on Saturday. (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is still confident he can sign Carlos Tevez, despite the legal wrangles delaying his move from West Ham. (Daily Express)

Arsenal are set to beat West Ham to the signature of Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah. (News of the World)

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tevez: Clubs, League wait on FIFA decision
July 23, 2007

The Football Association and the Premier League are waiting to hear if FIFA are prepared to arbitrate on the Carlos Tevez affair.

A meeting of the three organisations' legal teams broke up in Zurich this afternoon without a decision being made on the spot.

An FA spokesman said: 'The meeting has taken place and left with FIFA to take a decision.

'We are waiting to hear from them and to see what they consider is the most appropriate way forward.'

West Ham are eager for FIFA to get involved in what has become a stalemate in recent weeks, with the London club refusing to sanction the Argentina striker's proposed move to Manchester United.

Under normal circumstances, FIFA would only arbitrate in non-domestic transfer disputes but the thorny issue of Tevez's ownership prompted both clubs to ask for their help.

Tevez is registered as a West Ham player, but businessman Kia Joorabchian claims he owns the 23-year-old's economic rights and is therefore entitled to any transfer fee.

With the Premier League sticking to their position that the Hammers own the player and are therefore entitled to any transfer fee, a FIFA ruling in Joorabchian's favour would cause them huge embarrassment.

The time it takes to reach a conclusion could be crucial to Tevez's prospects of joining United this year.

There are fears the saga could drag on beyond the August 31 transfer deadline, precluding the striker moving to Old Trafford before the transfer window re-opens in January.

Should either party be unhappy with the outcome, there is also the possibility of an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which would extend the process even further.
Source: Soccernet

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This Mofo Issue shakll Never end I my opinion with the way the Hammers are Refusing to let go of their Past Season Star Player... I don't blem them for holding onto Tevez but they've got to accept the Fact the he's off to the Mofo Red Devils and that's final.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barca striker Eto'o vows to stay in Spain

ST ANDREWS, July 23 (Tour) - Samuel Eto'o touched down with Barcelona's superstars in Scotland on Monday - and insisted he has never wanted to leave the Spanish giants.

The 26-year-old striker was linked with both Liverpool and AC Milan earlier this summer.

But Eto'o - who was speaking at St Andrews ahead of Barcelona's friendlies against Dundee United and Hearts this week - says he is going nowhere.

'There has only been speculation,' he pointed out.

'People have spoken about me and for me but I still have a contract with Barcelona and I'm really looking forward to playing with Barcelona next season.'

The former Real Madrid and Real Mallorca frontman added: 'All the interest makes me feel good and proud, but I have not thought about being transferred to another club.

'I'm happy at Barcelona. I've lived all my live in Spain and it's a difficult country to leave - I can't think of leaving Spain nowadays.

'I am very happy being at the best club in the world and with the best players in the world.

'I didn't feel like leaving even when it was a bad season for the club. I feel the same way now as I did when I first signed for the club.'

The £16.1million arrival of Thierry Henry from Arsenal this summer increases competition for places up front.

But rather than fear the extra competition from the France international, Eto'o is thrilled that the squad will be even stronger for the season ahead.

He said: 'Henry is adapting very well at the club, like the other new players.

'The sooner he adapts, the better it will be for the whole group.'

Despite the hype surrounding the 'Fantastic Four' of himself, Henry, Lionel Messi and Ronaldinho, Cameroon frontman Eto'o was keen to stress there will be quality throughout the entire team as Barca prepare for the challenges which lie ahead.

He said: 'Barcelona have a really good pool of players for the entire team, not just the forwards.

'We have to be happy having this great pool of players now, that's the most important thing.'

Real Madrid triumphed in the Primera Liga last term, and Barcelona also failed to deliver in the Champions League.

Eto'o admitted: 'It's going to be harder next season but it's good to know that because it will make us work even harder.

'Experience is very important and has taught us the things that we didn't do right last season.

'We all make mistakes in life and we learn from them. We need to avoid repeating the same mistakes and make sure we improve on the good points.'

A stricter code of conduct has been implemented at the Nou Camp to ensure a better chance of success next term, and it will be enforced in Scotland, with every player on his best behaviour.

Eto'o insists there will be no backlash from the dressing room regarding the new hard-line approach.

'Whatever the club decides we have to accept that,' he said.

'But we are adults, we are professionals and we take responsibility for our own actions.

'We are part of one of the best teams in the world, not only because we are good players but because of the way we are.

'No-one has to worry about how we are going to act in St Andrews - we are here to get ready for the new season.'
Source: Soccernet(http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=447457&cc=3436)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS one week Eto'o is going the next week he is staying! Which one is it?

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score

Moore tipped to sign with Roar

FORMER Australia skipper Craig Moore is expected to be unveiled as A-League club Queensland Roar's major signing tomorrow.
It is believed Moore, 31, has agreed to terms on a deal that will keep him at the club for two seasons.

A deal would reunite Moore with his former Socceroos coach, Roar mentor Frank Farina.

Roar tonight issued a media alert for tomorrow to announce "a major new signing who will become the club's marquee player for the next two seasons".

"Coach Frank Farina will unveil the player who was pivotal in the success of the Socceroos 2006 World Cup campaign in Germany," the release said.

Talks initially broke down between Moore and Roar in May but at the time Farina did not give up on the veteran defender linking with Queensland "further down the track".

The former Rangers defender flew to Queensland's Sunshine Coast from England after being released by Premier League outfit Newcastle United earlier this year.

Moore made himself unavailable for the Socceroos' recent Asian Cup campaign.

AAP

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
Simao Sabrosa will undergo his medical with Atletico Madrid on Friday morning as they look to make the Benfica ace their latest summer capture.Benfica had already announced earlier on Thursday that they had reached an agreement in principle for the transfer of the 27-year-old winger to Atletico.

The Benfica statement read: "The club board informs that there is an agreement in principle with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Simao Sabrosa's sporting rights in a 20 million euros (£13.4million) deal, with an option of contracting two players from the Spanish club."

Simao travelled to Madrid on Thursday, and told reporters at the city's Barajas airport: "I am very happy to come to Atletico Madrid. to do great things here."

Should he pass his medical on Friday and complete his move to Atletico, Simao could take over the role vacated by Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov, who was sold to Manchester City for £4.7million on Thursday.

It would also represent a return to the Primera Liga for the Portugal international, who spent two seasons at Barcelona before transferring to Benfica in 2001.

Simao began his career at Sporting Lisbon and was there for three years prior to his spell at Barca.

FUKING HELL.... thats the worst news.. fuk u atheltico i hope you are relegated u cnuts

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Simao Sabrosa will undergo his medical with Atletico Madrid on Friday morning as they look to make the Benfica ace their latest summer capture.Benfica had already announced earlier on Thursday that they had reached an agreement in principle for the transfer of the 27-year-old winger to Atletico.

The Benfica statement read: "The club board informs that there is an agreement in principle with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Simao Sabrosa's sporting rights in a 20 million euros (£13.4million) deal, with an option of contracting two players from the Spanish club."

Simao travelled to Madrid on Thursday, and told reporters at the city's Barajas airport: "I am very happy to come to Atletico Madrid. to do great things here."

Should he pass his medical on Friday and complete his move to Atletico, Simao could take over the role vacated by Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov, who was sold to Manchester City for £4.7million on Thursday.

It would also represent a return to the Primera Liga for the Portugal international, who spent two seasons at Barcelona before transferring to Benfica in 2001.

Simao began his career at Sporting Lisbon and was there for three years prior to his spell at Barca.

FUKING HELL.... thats the worst news.. fuk u atheltico i hope you are relegated u cnuts
Where thr F*** are liverpool they should have signed him FFS

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
sydney fc still chasing john aloisi

west ham chasing anelka for club record amount.

real still confident over robben

allan smith to boro??

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
yeh simao was a target of liverpool but they never offered the 20 million which is what he was after. Quaresma wont go to barca he was there befroe he moved to porto and they treated him like sh!t.. not sure about juve though

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Santa Cruz seals Blackburn move
Updated: July 28, 2007

Blackburn Rovers have confirmed they have signed Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz from Bayern Munich.

The 25-year-old has agreed a four-year contract at Ewood Park after spending eight years with the Bundesliga club.

Rovers announced Santa Cruz has joined for 'an undisclosed fee' but reports in Germany suggest the Premier League club have paid £3.5million for his services.

Bayern have allowed Santa Cruz to leave following the summer arrivals of Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose, with coach Ottmar Hitzfeld recently confirming he was looking to sell the South American.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes, himself a former Bayern Munich striker, has won the race.

Hughes said on Friday: 'Santa Cruz is a young player, an international with a good reputation who is playing at a top European club.

'The good thing from our point of view is that his fitness levels are fine as he has been playing in the Copa America.'

Hughes is already well-off for strikers, with Benni McCarthy, Jason Roberts, Matt Derbyshire and new recruit Maceo Rigters all vying for a first-team place.

In his eight years with Bayern, Santa Cruz has won the Champions League and five Bundesliga titles, as well as four German Cup triumphs and a World Club Cup winner's medal.

In 155 games, he scored 31 times and will bring a wealth of European experience to Rovers too, having played 51 games in the Champions League and scoring seven goals.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Young: Boro move will boost England hopes

Luke Young is confident his move to Middlesbrough can result in a return to the England fold.

The 28-year-old defender has seven England caps, the last of which came against Argentina in November 2005.

After completing a £2.5million switch to Teesside from Charlton this week, the right-back is optimistic that a string of impressive performances for his new club will earn him a recall under Steve McClaren.

'England is in the back of my mind,' said Young.

'At the minute I'm concentrating on getting myself in the Middlesbrough side and performing well for the club.

'If I can do that, hopefully I can force my way back into the England set-up.

'There is a lot of good young English talent at the club and it will be worth the England manager coming down and watching.

'If I am performing well for the club then hopefully England will come along with it.'

Young has signed a four-year deal after leaving the relegated Ad****s and believes Boro have the potential to be a top seven contender this season.

'I think we can aim for Europe,' said Young.

'If we can be consistent and keep ourselves in and around seventh, eighth and ninth in the league come March and have a great finish I think we can finish in a UEFA Cup spot.

'I see Middlesbrough as a big club and from what I've seen in training there are a lot of good young English players here.'

Boro are hoping to step up their efforts to sign Manchester United striker Alan Smith.

Both United and Smith's agent have denied that Boro have been given permission to speak to Smith, with Red Devils chief executive David Gill claiming on Friday that 'no firm offers' had been made for the former Leeds player.

However, Gill's Boro counterpart Keith Lamb is hopeful of pushing through a deal when Smith returns from their tour of Asia and claims a fee was agreed earlier this month.

Boro face competition from Everton and Aston Villa among possible others and Lamb said: 'Our position hasn't changed.

'If you go back a few weeks it was well documented that we had agreed a fee with Manchester United for his transfer and were given permission to talk to Alan.

'Unfortunately Alan was away on holiday and when he came back he went straight off on tour with Manchester United, so we haven't had the opportunity to speak to Alan.

'But I'm sure that he is well aware of our interest and I'm sure that in the next few days the opportunity to speak to Alan will present itself.

'And if it's right for Alan and if it's right for Middlesbrough, then I'm sure that it's something that we might well conclude, you never know.'

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Freindly: Ljungberg, Bellamy score for Hammers

Southend 1-3 West Ham
New signings Craig Bellamy and Freddie Ljungberg both found the net as West Ham eased to a 3-1 friendly win at Southend.

In a match marking the hosts' centenary, a strong Hammers XI were led out by new captain Lucas Neill, and they were unlucky not to score midway through the first half when Bobby Zamora's header hit the bar.

The former Brighton striker opened the scoring soon afterwards, however, when he headed Ljungberg's crossfield ball over Darryl Flahavan in the 30th minute.

West Ham made it two 10 minutes later when Lee Bowyer headed against the bar and Belamy was on hand to nod in his first for the east Londoners.

A third came in the 50th minute when Zamora pounced on a poor backpass to round the goalkeeper and square for Ljungberg who fired home via a deflection.

The Shrimpers' sole response came from Kevin Maher's shot from the edge of the area

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Reyes from Arsenal ------------->Athletico Madrid
Chilleni from Juventus----------->Manchester City

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

bloody bastards....i hate athletico hope they rot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.