Football Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasselbaink teams up with Fowler at Cardiff

LONDON, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Former Dutch international striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has joined Cardiff City, the second division team said on Thursday.

The 35-year-old has been without a club since he was released by Charlton Athletic at the end of last season.

Hasselbaink will link up with former England striker Robbie Fowler, who joined the Welsh side in July following his release by Liverpool.

'I do not think anyone would have believed going into the close season it would be possible to get players like them,' chairman Peter Ridsdale told the club's website.

Former Chelsea, Leeds United, Middlesbrough and Atletico Madrid player Hasselbaink won 23 caps for his country.
Soource: Reuters

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
O'Neill to open talks on contract trio
Updated: Aug. 17, 2007

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill will hold talks with a clutch of first-team players to resolve their long-term futures before the transfer deadline closes on August 31.

Senior figures Olof Mellberg and Thomas Sorensen are in the last year of their current deals and O'Neill is also looking to sit down with young striker Luke Moore before the end of the month.

O'Neill, who has added former West Ham pair Nigel Reo-Coker and Marlon Harewood to the Villa Park ranks this summer, is still looking to add to his playing staff but has also prioritised tying up the loose ends in his current squad.

O'Neill told the club's official website: 'I hate to put a time limit on these things, but by the end of next week I would hope to have certain things resolved .

'I'm hoping to be able to resolve one or two things by the middle of next week.

'There's Olof, Luke Moore and Thomas Sorensen's position.

'All the people who have a year left to run on their contracts.

'I would like to have those things done and I think that the players would like to know by transfer-deadline day as well.

'So I'll make decisions on all of them".
Source: Soccernet

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Curbs: Dyer, Bowyer reunion is no problem
Updated: Aug. 17, 2007

West Ham manager Alan Curbishley insists he is not expecting any problems when old sparring partners Kieron Dyer and Lee Bowyer are reunited at Upton Park.

Dyer finally completed his protracted transfer from Newcastle yesterday for an undisclosed fee, signing a four-year deal and linking up with fellow ex-Magpies Craig Bellamy and Scott Parker.

But it is his reunion with Bowyer, with whom he infamously traded blows on the pitch while both were playing for Newcastle against Aston Villa in 2005, which has raised eyebrows among the Hammers faithful.

Curbishley made Dyer his sixth summer signing despite Sheffield United announcing they are suing the Hammers for up to £50million over the Carlos Tevez affair.

And the Upton Park chief is confident the pair's spat is water under the bridge as he prepares to hand Dyer an immediate debut, possibly alongside Bowyer, at Birmingham on Saturday.

'I spoke to both players and have been assured that it was a one-off, and they both actually speak to each other regularly,' said Curbishley.

'It was just two players desperate to do well. They were getting well beaten, and it just boiled over.'

Curbishley was delighted to finally get his man some 10 days after Dyer's original transfer collapsed when Newcastle upped their valuation from £6million.

And he is backing Dyer to recapture the form which, when fit, makes him a regular member of the England squad.

'We're trying to build a squad here. We are short in the middle, and Kieron can play that position,' added Curbishley.

'Newcastle changed it at the last minute before - when he was just walking in the door - so that was disappointing.

'But common sense has prevailed; Kieron is looking forward to joining us, and Newcastle go down their route.

'Every player you sign has risks - and he is no different. I hope he hits the ground running and shows everyone what a good player he is.

'Kieron's got to make up for a bit of lost time, and I hope he does. We're delighted to have him on board.'

Curbishley also revealed Derby had rejected West Ham's latest approach for teenage winger Giles Barnes, while any move for Eidur Gudjohnsen is on hold while the Barcelona player struggles to get fit.

'The transfer window is still open, and we are still active. We're still short in one or two areas,' he added.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Robben set for Real Madrid switch
Updated: Aug. 23, 2007

Chelsea's Arjen Robben will sign a five-year deal with Real Madrid today to bring the curtain down on one of football's worst-kept transfer secrets.

Chelsea and Madrid finally agreed a fee for the Holland winger - thought to be £20million plus - after a summer of intense speculation about his future.

Robben has agreed personal terms and only has to pass a medical to ensure his dream move goes ahead.

The 23-year-old was targeted by Madrid president Ramon Calderon during his election campaign last summer when he promised to sign the player.

The speculation heightened when Chelsea's attempts to persuade Robben to sign a new long-term deal collapsed during the summer break.

Madrid winced at the prospect of meeting Chelsea's £30million asking price for the winger but pre-season setbacks suffered by Spanish champions increased the pressure on Calderon to conclude the deal.

A Chelsea statement confirmed: ``Chelsea Football Club and Real Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of Arjen Robben subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.''

The former PSV Eindhoven player was initially a massive success at Stamford Bridge but injuries affected his availability and coach Jose Mourinho began to lose faith in the winger.

Mourinho signed Florent Malouda from Lyon and his impact on the Premier League has persuaded Mourinho to cash in on Robben.

Chelsea, who are expected to reveal full details of the price later today, are almost certain to use some of the cash to clinch the signing of right-back Daniel Alves from Sevilla.

Real Madrid also signed Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United after the Argentinian failed to get a move to Liverpool while allowing Brazilian full-back Cicinho to join Roma.

D

D0ggyStylz

Brazil U17 stars reveal January Man Utd move
tribalfooball.com - August 27, 2007

Brazil U17 stars Rafael and Fabio Silva have revealed they could be joining Manchester United during the winter market.
The twins were identified as 15 year-olds by United and will move from Fluminense possibly as early as January.

Rafael told fifa.com: "We might be going across in January, but we're not sure. We've already started to learn a little bit of English - and yes, we're really looking forward to it. We're also looking forward to playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo. We met him - and he said it would be good for us to join the club."

Fabio also said: "Anderson is also playing for the club too, so it will be good to see him. There seem to be a lot of Brazilian players in England now - Lucas is at Liverpool, Geovanni and Elano are at Manchester City, so it will be good to see them when we are in Manchester. I'm sure they'll help us adjust to living in England. But we're going over there to experience it for ourselves and learn more about football too."

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Abromavich is looking to splash over $150m to lure ronaldinho to the chavscums and pay him over $300k per week

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just out of Curiousity... Could someone make this a Sticky thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.