Pantera Negra
Reaction score
arsenal are up sh!t creek without a paddle, next to go will be wenger

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reyes leaves the Gunners
July 31, 2007 12:00am

ARSENAL's Jose Antonio Reyes will join Atletico Madrid today for a fee believed to be around $15 million.

The 23-year-old Reyes will have a medical and will sign a four-year deal provided he passes.

The transfer has come as a surprise, as Real Madrid were also keen on the Spaniard, who spent last season on loan at the Bernabeu.

But Atletico stepped in when Real refused to offer more than $10 million.

Reyes, who has played 21 times for Spain, made 110 appearances for the Gunners and scored 23 goals.

He cost them $17 million from Sevilla in 2003.
Source: Herald Sun

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's official were Gone... for the Next 3 Seasons we'll be hanging around 6-10th. Someone should really sack the the Entire Arsenal Board.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
lmfao at arsenal

but you will still be better than west ham lol

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i'm too lazy to check if someone has posted this but Brazilian defender Alex WILL be a Chelsea player within the next fortnight. He arrived in London over the w/end seeking a work permit and to discuss personal terms!

The best defence in the world just got better.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alex flies back to Brazil after move to Chelsea ends in row at airport
Gary Jacob.

July 31, 2007

Chelsea’s proposed transfer of Alex was thrown into chaos after the defender became so fed up with being questioned by immigration officials that he got on a plane back to his native Brazil. The defender spent about four hours being questioned at Heathrow on Sunday after he told officials that he had arrived to join Chelsea.

He was informed that he could remain in England, but he was not eligible to play in matches until he was granted a work permit. Chelsea’s initial application was turned down by the Home Office, but an appeal is scheduled for next week.

The immigration officials are believed to have contacted Chelsea, only to be told that the player had not signed for the club. A Chelsea official later telephoned the immigration officers to confirm that they had agreed a deal to sign Alex, from PSV Eindhoven, this summer.

The Home Office would not discuss the individual case, but said that there were stringent guidelines about gaining entry into the country. “We have a duty to ensure that the public are aware of, and have confidence in, the security in place at the border, which is for their protection,” Brodie Clark, strategic director of border control at the Border and Immigration Agency, said. “Visitors to the UK also need to be aware that they will be subject to checks before being granted entry to this country.”

Related Links
Alex key to PSV glory bid
Madrid bide time on £20 million Robben swoop
Mourinho speechless as Chelsea falter
The request for a work permit was turned down because Alex has played in only eight of the past 14 matches for Brazil over the past two years, a lower ratio than the 75 per cent of games required by the Government. Chelsea believe that they will be able to overturn the decision because competition for places in the Brazil side is intense.

“Alex was due to arrive into England to discuss personal terms,” a Chelsea spokesman said last night. “At airport immigration, there was a request to clarify Alex’s current status. All of the paperwork for his entry was in order. After an initial delay, he was cleared to enter the country. He chose voluntarily to fly back but will return when necessary.”

Alex first came to the attention of Chelsea when they were buying Arjen Robben from PSV. Both the London club and the Dutch club were interested in signing him, but the defender moved to the Netherlands because the country has more lenient immigration rules. It was also felt that the Brazilian would be able to adapt to European football before moving to Stamford Bridge, with Chelsea saying that they took first refusal to buy Alex. Chelsea have a similar arrangement with two other players at PSV, Slobodan Rajkovic and Alcides.

Real Madrid have made Cesc Fàbregas, the Arsenal midfield player, their No 1 transfer goal for next summer, with Ramón Calderón, the club president, still hoping to have all three of his main targets at the Bernabéu within two years. When asked if there was still time to sign the three players he promised during his election campaign — Robben, Fàbregas and Kaká — Calderón said: “There’s a chance that they will all be here by the end of my third year in office.” When asked if that could mean Robben this summer, Fàbregas next year and Kaká the next year, Calderón said: “I think so.”

Robben’s potential move to Real could end up being a costly deal for the Spanish champions, according to Bernd Schuster, the coach. Real are understood to be ready to pay £20 million for the Holland winger. “It could be expensive,” Schuster said. “It is necessary to go slowly. The signing of Robben is very important for us.”
Source: The Times

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Alex flies back to Brazil after move to Chelsea ends in row at airport
Gary Jacob.

July 31, 2007

Source: The Times
He'll still sign, he wants to play alongisde the real JT for the next few years.

Smart man.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manchester United sells striker to Spanish club

Madrid, Spain (Sports Network) - Spain's Villarreal signed former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi, an American-born Italian, to a six-year deal on Tuesday.

Rossi, 20, was acquired for a transfer fee of approximately $14 million. He joined Manchester United in 2004 and spent the second half of last season on loan with Italian Serie A club Parma.

Rossi scored four times in 14 appearances for Manchester United since joining the club as a 16-year-old. He scored nine goals for Parma last year, helping the team avoid relegation.

Villarreal finished fifth in Spain's La Liga last season. Villarreal, which has never won a league title, opens the 2007-08 season on Aug. 26 at six-time league champion Valencia.

Real Madrid won the La Liga last season on a tiebreaker over Barcelona.

Defending English Premier League champion Manchester United opens its 2007-08 season on Aug. 11 when it hosts Reading.
07/31 16:39:53 ET

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sydney FC signs youth star
July 31, 2007

SYDNEY FC has signed Ben Vidaic after the Australia youth international striker impressed in the club's pre-season games.

Vidaic, 19, made substitute appearances in Sydney FC's 2007 pre-season cup games against Queensland Roar, Wellington Phoenix and Central Coast Mariners.

The striker, who has scored five goals in eight matches Australia's under-17 and under-20 sides in the past two years, scored for Sydney FC in a match against Sydney University.

"It's a dream come true to sign with Sydney FC, the best club in the A-League," said Vidaic, who spent last season with Sydney United, the team that his father, Bruno, served with distinction as a player and a coach in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Sydney FC coach Branko Culina has high hopes for Vidaic, who has signed a two-year contract.

"Ben has great potential and I'm confident he'll push for a place in the team," Culina said.
Source: Fox Sports

D

D0ggyStylz

Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool battle for Di Santo
tribalfooball.com - August 05, 2007

Argentine whizkid Franco Di Santo has TEN Premiership clubs chasing his signature.

The Sunday Mirror says the 18-year-old Argentine striker is hailed as the one of the world's top emerging talents.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all want to discuss a one-year loan deal.
That would cost them about £500,000, but the big deal would come next summer when Di Santo would cost around £10million in a permanent transfer.
As well as the Premier League's big four, Di Santo is also wanted by Middlesbrough, Everton, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Manchester City. The 6ft 4in youngster plays in Chile for Audax Italiano and has been described as the most exciting talent to emerge in South America since Diego Maradona.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
bresciano move to man city is still pending

leighton baines to everon!

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
heh ..
Gabriel Heinze told Sir Alex Ferguson on Monday he wants to move to Liverpool - Fergie told him that would never happen. (Various)
Real Madrid's £40m bid to sign both Michael Ballack and Arjen Robben has collapsed. (Daily Express)

However, Ballack has told Chelsea he will only join Real if they help pay for his switch to Spain. Real are offering him just £91,000-a-week. (Daily Star)
West Ham are desperately trying to revive their interest in Newcastle's Kieron Dyer by offering £6m up front. (Daily Star)

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
david beckham got jeered by home fans at after sitting out another game

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Robben: 'Madrid's interest makes me happy'
Aug. 8, 2007

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben is 'happy' to be attracting interest from Real Madrid, according to reports in Spain. Dutch international Robben, 23, has been linked with a big-money move away from Stamford Bridge all summer.

Currently battling to overcome a knee problem to be fit for the start of the new Premier League season, Robben was not included in the squad for the FA Community Shield against Manchester United at Wembley.

Since then fellow Chelsea player Michael Ballack has come out and declared his commitment to the west-London club following reports he too could be heading to the Bernabeu.

No official word on any offer for Robben has been forthcoming from either of the teams involved.

However, in comments reported today by Spanish daily AS, Robben made no secret of his desire to take on a fresh challenge, having joined Chelsea for £12million in 2004.

'Of course Madrid's interest makes me happy,' he said.

'But for now I can not say much more because Chelsea will not let me tell you more until there is an agreement between the two clubs.

'It's better that they talk about it and solve this.'

Robben, whose father and agent Hans has indicated negotiations were at a delicate stage, added: 'I do not know when a deal will be reached. It's in the hands of the two clubs. My father is in charge of it all.

'I know some people are waiting for me.

'I would like to send a message to the Madrid fans, but I can't until my future is sorted.

'If it gets sorted, I'll be glad to send the people a message.'
Source: Soccernet

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Birmingham seek to 'resurrect' £6m Mido deal
Aug. 8, 2007

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is attempting to 'resurrect' the £6million deal to sign Tottenham striker Mido. Blues had agreed a deal with Spurs only for the move to collapse a fortnight ago because of issues relating to Mido's contract.

But Bruce believes those matters have been 'ironed out' and he is striving again to bring the Egyptian international to St Andrews after claiming negotiations are ongoing with Spurs.

Bruce said: 'It has been difficult for the last couple of weeks especially with Spurs after what happened with Mr (Hossam) Ghaly but our offer has always been there for Mido.

'To be perfectly honest I don't think the offer was the problem to be fair to the player. It was all sorts of things like length of contract, stipulations in the contract.

'Those seem to have been ironed out so, if talks are ongoing again, then great.

'We made the best offer we possibly can to the player. We will see what happens. We will probably have to go through the rigmarole again on the possible transfer.

'We have to negotiate with Spurs but that seems to be ongoing.

'With any deal you would like the player to make his mind up but it was never about personal terms. I have to put that on the record.

'It will be a permanent transfer if it happens. That's where it got clouded initially.

'We were thinking we were going to get a loan deal for a year but it became obvious Tottenham didn't want that. They wanted a permanent deal which we are trying to resurrect.

'I don't know if we will learn anything today. There is still a bit to go.'

Meanwhile Reuters report that Egypt have again left Mido out of their squad for this month's friendly against Ivory Coast in Paris.

But coach Hassan Shehata recalled Anderlecht playmaker Ahmed Hassan, Feyenoord goalkeeper Sherif Ekramy and Racing Strasbourg defender Ahmed Abou Mosallam for the Aug. 22 match.

Mido last appeared for Egypt in a 2-0 win over Sweden in a friendly in Cairo in February.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keeper Gordon completes Sunderland move
Aug. 8, 2007

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is poised to spend again despite sending his summer spree soaring to £27million with the capture of Hearts goalkeeper Craig Gordon.

The Black Cats have splashed out an initial £7million for Gordon, who has signed a five-year deal, with the prospect the fee could rise to £9million due to a number of clauses attached to the deal.

That would beat the previous British record for a keeper, eclipsing the £7.8million Manchester United paid Monaco for Fabien Barthez in 2000.

Yet Keane is determined to splash more cash before the transfer window closes at the end of the month in a strenuous effort to avoid immediate relegation from the Premier League.

Keane has already signed Kieran Richardson for £5.5million, Michael Chopra (£5million), Greg Halford (£2.5million), Paul McShane (£2.5million), ****son Etuhu (£1.5million) and Russell Anderson (£1million).

However, there is no stopping the Irishman as he said: 'Like I've said many times before, if I think there is a player out there I think can help improve us I have to be interested.

'I think we need two more players, and we've identified two more we hope to sort out next week.

'So far I've been very lucky getting the players we have. Most of the deals we've gone for have come off.

'I've obviously had good backing from Niall (chairman, Quinn), Peter Walker and the board, and I'm grateful for that.

'It's important we bring the right player to the club. I won't spend the money willy nilly.

'We want to bring in the right characters, and I'm delighted with the lads we've brought in.'

In Scotland international Gordon, Keane knows he has a top drawer player, adding: 'I rate him very highly.

'I think he can only get better, and this is the right club for him because we've good goalkeeping staff here.

'But we're delighted. It's been a hard deal, and Peter Walker has worked extremely hard.'

Yet the 24-year-old is in danger of missing Saturday's curtain-raiser against Tottenham at the Stadium of Light.

'We've two other good goalkeepers, which adds competition, and you can't beat competition for places,' added Keane on safctv.

'The number one jersey was available, and obviously Craig is going to wear that.

'But we'll see how it goes over the next few days because I think he has had a slight shoulder problem, so it's touch and go.'

Defender Halford (hamstring) and midfielder Carlos Edwards (hip) are also doubtful for the clash with Martin Jol's side.

Keane said: 'We hope Carlos will be all right. He joined in training yesterday and we'll gauge it over the next one or two days.

'Greg has a slight hamstring strain, so it will be touch and go for him.

'But overall the injury problems are not too bad. I look at the situation at other clubs and I think we've been very lucky.'

Keane is also set to wrap up the signing of Cork City striker Roy O'Donovan.

The two clubs have agreed a fee of around £670,000 - which would be an Eircom League record.

The prolific Republic of Ireland B international, who will be 22 on Friday, looked set for a move to Fulham last month but failed to undergo a scheduled medical.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LuaLua leaves Pompey to join Olympiakos
Updated: Aug. 12, 2007

Olympiakos have confirmed the signing of Portsmouth striker Lomana LuaLua. The Congo forward has joined the Greek club on a three-year contract.

LuaLua had been linked with a move to Greece or Turkey in recent weeks having impressed during pre-season despite a disappointing campaign last term.

A statement on the club's website, olympiacos.org, said: 'Olympiakos CFP announces the signing of Tresor Lomana LuaLua. The Congolese international player signed a three-year contract.'

The Greek side have already strengthened this summer with the arrival of Real Madrid defender Raul Bravo and striker Darko Kovacevic from Real Sociedad.

Status
Not open for further replies.