that defence they have is the best in the world

dida is a competant keeper

Janalolski Nesta Maldini Kaldaze Oddo Cafu Simunic and Bonera

with gatusso in front of them.

D

D0ggyStylz

Middlesbrough's Williams keeps open Australia door - and India
tribalfooball.com - July 18, 2007

Middlesbrough youngster Rhys Williams is keeping the international door open to Australia - despite being capped by Wales U21 last season.

Perth-born Williams, who won a pro deal last month, can also play for Asian rivals India and featured for Wales in an U21 friendly against Northern Ireland earlier this year.
Williams has been with the Boro Academy for three years. His mother originates from Bombay while his father was born in Kent.
But it was only recently when the defender found out that Wales could also be a possibility. He told his club's website: "I can play for four countries, England, Australia, Wales and India and there are currently two who are interested, Australia and Wales, so watch this space!"

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Sydney FC are remaining hopeful former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler will agree to play for them next season.
Despite reports that Cardiff City have agreed terms with Fowler, officials at the Australian club are keeping their fingers crossed that the 32 year old striker was sufficiently impressed with his stay in the city last week to agree a deal for the new campaign.

"We've heard nothing (of a decision). He was always going to meet with other clubs," said Sydney FC chief executive George Perry.

"We've been aware that he's had a lot of meetings and a lot of offers with other clubs but all we can do is put our best foot forward.

"The last four or five days, we've left nothing in the bag so we're going to continue to work at it until a decision is made and that will be days rather than weeks."

However, Sydney coach Branko Culina admits his side faces an uphill struggle to secure Fowler's signature.

"At the moment I'm thinking, 'no he won't', but deep down I'm hoping that he does because it would be huge for us," Culina said.

"He was impressed with the city, he was impressed with what we had to offer, but it's fair to say that it would be a big call for him to come due to the fact he has a young family."

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ferguson rules out Heinze switch to Liverpool

Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out any possibility of Gabriel Heinze leaving Manchester United for Liverpool.

Anfield boss Rafael Benitez is a long-time admirer of the tough-tackling Argentina defender and after weeks of speculation lodged a formal bid for Heinze on Monday.

The £6million offer was immediately rejected by United, even though it met their private valuation.

And Ferguson has made it clear he will not countenance the prospect of Heinze heading down the East Lancs Road to Merseyside, a route travelled only once since the War, when Phil Chisnall joined United's hated rivals in 1962.

'I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze,' Ferguson said.

'We can put that to bed right now and we have done so. We have had a couple offers for him and we have turned them down.'

Ferguson's forceful statement suggested more than one club had expressed an interest in Heinze.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan have both been linked with the 29-year-old, who has become something of a folk hero among United fans, partly due to his nationality but also because of the robust nature of his defending.

Although it appeared Patrice Evra had ousted Heinze as United's first-choice left-back, the South American did feature in the Red Devils' final three games of last season, skippering them against Chelsea and West Ham, then holding onto his place for the FA Cup Final.

With Heinze now on an extended break due to his commitments at the Copa America, Ferguson has not had an opportunity to speak with the former Paris St Germain player directly.

However, given his agent has spent the last 18 months pushing for a transfer, it appears certain Heinze will be leaving, even if Liverpool does not turn out to be his eventual destination.

'Heinze's agents are rolling the ball all the time,' said Ferguson.

'But no matter what his agent thinks, we are in the driving seat.

'I don't exactly know what Gaby thinks because it is all coming from his agent but this has been going on for a year and a half now.'

The matter is likely to bubble on for a while yet, especially as the deadline for Heinze to invoke a FIFA-backed buy-out clause has now expired.

Had the full-back stated his intent to pay up the remainder of his two-year United contract within two weeks of the season ending, Ferguson could not have stopped a move to Liverpool.

But with that date now well gone, Ferguson, in agreement with the entire United hierarchy, will stop Benitez getting his man.

Meanwhile, Owen Hargreaves could be forced to sit out United's entire four-match Far East tour.

The England international has been suffering from tendinitis in his knee. Having already missed the draw with Urawa Red Diamonds in Tokyo earlier this week, Hargreaves will also sit out tomorrow's encounter with K-League outfit FC Seoul.

While most of his team-mates, including Nani and Chris Eagles, were able to take part in training at Seoul's rain-drenched World Cup Stadium this morning, Hargreaves was restricted to only light jogging.

And Ferguson is now mulling over whether to keep his £18million summer signing on the sidelines until United return to England on July 28.

'Once we get home, we have half a dozen games to play before the season starts,' said Ferguson.

'Ideally, I would like everyone on tour to have got at least two games under their belt by the time we get back.

'With the ones who are injured (Hargreaves, Darron Gibson and Lee Martin) we have to make an assessment about how they are progressing and they may have to wait until we get home.'

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
FORMER Italy striker Christian Vieri is set to join Fiorentina, according to Italian media reports.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made Bolton's Nicolas Anelka his number one target as a replacement for striker Thierry Henry, who has joined Barcelona. (Daily Express)

West Ham are lining up a £5m swoop for wanted Reading defender Nicky Shorey. (Daily Express)

he is a gun shorey!! he was one of the best defenders last season..behind vidic, ferdinand cavaiho and heaps more lol but he is quite the talent

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The 2006/07 season will certainly be one to forget for Fulham’s Ahmad Elrich. Having finish the 05/06 campaign on loan to Norwegian side Lynn Oslo, a period during which he made six appearances and scored one goal, the Australian was gearing up to make himself a regular name in the First Team squad.

However, injury struck at the most inopportune of times. Elrich was playing in Australia’s Asia Cup match against Kuwait when his boot got caught in the turf whilst turning, causing damage to the ligaments in his left knee. It was an injury that would ultimately rule him out for the entire season.

His rehabilitation was a long and arduous process and one which was interestingly spent away from Fulham’s Motspur Park training ground.

“Everything was made a lot easier because Fulham allowed me to go home to Australia to be with my family and friends,” Elrich explained. “In saying that, it was still tough. I’m not used to getting injured; I’ve never been injured before so it’s been a new experience. It was a slow process but it was done properly and I’m now looking forward to coming back next season, bigger, better and stronger.

“The knee feels fine. I’ll hopefully be training with the Australian national team in the off season and I’m looking forward to pre-season.

“With injures like that you’re always going to get setbacks but overall it went pretty smooth. It was just good to get back here, see the lads again and get back into a team environment. The hardest thing about being injured is watching your team play and train on a regular basis, so I’ve got to thank Fulham for letting me go home to recover.

“In times like that, you need to be around your loved ones. When things get tough, you can always turn to your family. The staff here are fantastic but the Club knew that I was going to be looked after medically by good people – so they had no problems with me going back.

“The medical team here were getting weekly updates on my rehab programme and progress. Fulham were always notified regarding anything that was happening, so it wasn’t as if I was off doing my own thing.”

Whilst recovering in Australia had its unique advantages for Elrich, being away from the team during a poor run or form also had its drawbacks.

“It was difficult, especially when the team was going through a bad patch,” said Elrich. “It was tough because you’re on the other side of the world so you’re not even there to cheer the players up and just be there for support. That’s why it was really important for me to make it back here before the end of the season – just to show the team that I was there with them.

“It was looking bad at one stage so I thought if there’s a chance of getting relegated, I wanted to be here with the lads.”

D

D0ggyStylz

Elrich had a chance to cement his spot at fulham but was woeful. Showed no heart and was subsequently put out on loan.

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
Rumours going round that Sheva is goin back to AC for 15 million euros....
FC Porto have put in a bid for drogba

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
yeah i heard about the sheva one.

Drogba said he might leave chelsea too

that leaves kalou

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fowler turns down move to Sydney

Former Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler has turned down an offer from Australian side Sydney FC.

The 32-year-old had been in negotiations with the New South Wales club over a possible move to play in the A-League in 2007-08 but he has chosen not to move Down Under.

Sydney FC chief executive officer George Perry said: 'Naturally, we're bitterly disappointed but we're satisfied we did everything we could to persuade Robbie to come to Sydney FC, Australia and the Hyundai A-League competition.

'Robbie was tremendously impressed by what he saw in Sydney but he has chosen to go elsewhere. We respect his decision and wish him and his family well.'

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Birmingham set to wrap up Mido transfer

Birmingham have agreed a £6million fee with Tottenham for Egyptian striker Mido.The 24-year-old former Roma player has yet to agree personal terms with the midlands club.

A statement on the Birmingham website: 'Mido had been rumoured in the media to be joining the club on a season-long loan but Blues can confirm that they are looking to sign the former Ajax, Marseille and Roma hot shot on a permanent deal.'

Mido would be Blues' seventh permanent signing of the summer since winning promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

The striker was very close to moving to Manchester City during the January transfer window but could now be heading to St Andrews, with reports linking compatriot and Spurs club-mate Hossam Ghaly with a move to the midlands club too.

Mido initially joined Spurs on an 18-month loan from Roma before signing for £4.5million in August 2006.

He started only seven league games for the north Londoners after making his move permanent, making five further appearances as a substitute and scoring one goal.

Mido would be Blues' seventh permanent signing of the summer since winning promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

The striker was very close to moving to Manchester City during the January transfer window but could now be heading to St Andrews, with reports linking compatriot and Spurs club-mate Hossam Ghaly with a move to the midlands club too.

Mido initially joined Spurs on an 18-month loan from Roma before signing for £4.5million in August 2006.

He started only seven league games for the north Londoners after making his move permanent, making five further appearances as a substitute and scoring one goal.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Valencia snap up Helguera from Real Madrid

MADRID, July 20 (Reuters) - Valencia have signed Spain centre-back Ivan Helguera from Primera Liga rivals Real Madrid, the two clubs confirmed on Friday.

The 32-year-old negotiated a release from his contract with the Spanish champions, which still had a year left to run, and signed a three-year deal with Valencia.

Helguera, who has been capped 47 times for Spain, won three league titles and two European Cups after joining Real from Espanyol in 1999.

He was overlooked at the start of last season by coach Fabio Capello, who reversed his decision to bring him back in from the cold to give him 21 starts during their victorious league campaign.

But the arrivals of Bernd Schuster as replacement for Capello, and two new centre-backs in the shape of Christoph Metzelder and Pepe in the close season, left Helguera surplus to requirements.

Valencia will be glad to pick up an experienced defender after losing Argentine stalwart Roberto Ayala to Real Zaragoza.
Rueters

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
yes!! Valencia are gonna be evn more of a force!

Villa is a gun! i think he is much more of a telent that torres.
Spains strikers are both talented and young.

but they seem to always choke. like parra eels

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a Sout of Shock Decision for Me... I guess Helguerra got sick of Real Madrid(Who Wouldn't)... He didn't get as much Game Time as he used to in the 2000-2003 Seasons... Good to see Valencia stocking up on Players.

Valencia will be glad to pick up an experienced defender after losing Argentine stalwart Roberto Ayala to Real Zaragoza.
I never knew about Ayala Moving, Seriously...

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
his experienced will be missed. he usually a rock at the back, but so will Helguerra

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reyes desperate to secure Arsenal exit

Jose Antonio Reyes is hopeful Real Madrid will soon reach an agreement with Arsenal for his permanent transfer to the Bernabeu.

Having spent last season on loan with the Spanish champions, the Arsenal forward is keen to remain in Madrid. Reyes travelled to London last week in the hope of negotiating his permanent move to Madrid, but he remains an Arsenal player.

'No agreement has been reached so far,' admitted Reyes. 'But I hope the situation will be resolved as soon as possible for my benefit.

'Next season I hope to win everything - and if it's with Real Madrid even better.'

The 23-year-old moved to Arsenal from Sevilla in January 2004, but struggled to adapt to English life.

'The rain was one of the main reasons why I didn't adapt well to that country,' said the Seville-born player.

Madrid begin their pre-season training on July 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.