News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You even said yourself that you can't disprove God... but if evolution is proven, does it not disprove God?

All I asked was to see a bacteria accidentally create a functional universe... I'm not interested in "mutations" and "wolf pups having similar characteristics to dogs" or "over x amount of years, this could happen" I want the smoking gun
It all depends on your stance. Many Christians say that much of the bible is metaphorical rather than literal. Evolution doesn't necessarily disprove the existence of the Christian God.

Plus there's all the other Gods some of which fit the narrative.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your stance. Many Christians say that much of the bible is metaphorical rather than literal. Evolution doesn't necessarily disprove the existence of the Christian God.

yeah, it's usually easy to determine what is and isn't metaphor... but then there is a lot of cryptic content in there... like the use of numerology... some people think that the emphasis on the number 7 is in relation to the chakras.... 7 golden lamp stands, 7 seals, 7 stars, 7 golden bowls etc etc... and these appear very frequently in the book of revelation, which itself is super cryptic... but that's another topic lol

There is a lot of knowledge within the scriptures that man of that time had not discovered... and there is new knowledge especially in modern physics that a case can be made for paralleling information within the scripture.. it doesn't prove anything I know... but as I've previously mentioned.. faith is more than just proving to yourself that God exists

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you see, the issue there is, believer or atheist, we know it all came into existence at once.. Big Bang/ "Let There Be Light" therefor conditions were in place at the onset.. how does a random explosion create such fine tuning?

the only beauty of evolution for evolutionists is that there is always an out, without having to provide legitimate evidence of anything... it's always "over x amount of years, such and such happens"

oh right, a wolf sharing similar characteristics with a dog.... how surprising... what does that prove? let me know when it advances into a completely different form

man you talk about nature as if it has it's own laboratory where it conducts its experiments lol, and you even compare it to what humans do.. humans who are conscious, and have intelligence.. creative thinkers, if you will......... so what came first, blood, or the heart? the brain or the digestive system? just remember that the human body is a machine and needs all parts in place, at the same time, to function.. it can't just evolve bit by bit, and function as it does..

Not just in the early stages.. more so than ever today... and there you go again, making more claims that you have no genuine proof of..

See the thing is... belief is not about the proof of God existing... it's about living the lifestyle.. I believe God exists, but does that mean he will accept me if I treat everybody like crap? definitely not.... Bill Nye would have to accept that he exists, but it doesn't mean he would accept his free gift of eternity... and that's the thing... some people just don't want a God, even if they were to find out he exists... and so be it, that's their choice..... as for Ken Ham... well, he's entitled to his opinion, but every believer is different... I think you were being quite bias there with your character selection.

Knowledge only strengthens my faith... when I am studying subjects such as Quantum Physics, it only makes the case for God even stronger imo... but like I said, faith is more than just knowing that God exists.
I shall agree to disagree man and thanks for the debate.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Many Christians believe the bible is a metaphor? Who are these many Christians? The bible to Christians is infallible, metaphors are explicitly pointed out in the bible as parables. If a Christian doesn’t believe the bible is infallible, well then that’s not really a Christian. Christians don’t get to pick and choose what’s a metaphor or what’s real or what’s what in the bible. It is the word of God.

Just to add, it’s correct you say evolution doesn’t necessarily disprove the existence of God, however it does when it wants to completely take God out of the equation and leave it all up to chance. For example apprently the Catholic Church doesn’t have a strict black and white answer but it’s sort of like, if evolution did happen it happened under the guidance of God. However all this to a Christian shouldn’t be the top of their priority list, knowing how man came to be or the universe doesn’t give you salvation or a ticket into heaven. A Christians main priority is salvation. Not knowing every answe to the world and universe

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The definition of Retard, when used as a verb is to refer to delay or hold back in terms of progress or development, or to be delayed.. However, evolution is about advantage..and making use of that advantage to progress.. I shake my head too..
Well I mean, some of you guys have destroyed definitions of words in the name of progress. Yet are going crazy coz of a mention of retarded lizard fish monkeys? Also if you saw a human in the process of “evolving” maybe his speech will change to a whistle, maybe he’ll have a mutated wing on one side. You won’t ever think to yourself, wow what a retarded looking mutant?

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry @Hacky McAxe you were right. There was no rape involved. And it was fish frog squirrels or something not lizards. I apologise.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Many Christians believe the bible is a metaphor? Who are these many Christians? The bible to Christians is infallible, metaphors are explicitly pointed out in the bible as parables. If a Christian doesn’t believe the bible is infallible, well then that’s not really a Christian. Christians don’t get to pick and choose what’s a metaphor or what’s real or what’s what in the bible. It is the word of God.

Just to add, it’s correct you say evolution doesn’t necessarily disprove the existence of God, however it does when it wants to completely take God out of the equation and leave it all up to chance. For example apprently the Catholic Church doesn’t have a strict black and white answer but it’s sort of like, if evolution did happen it happened under the guidance of God. However all this to a Christian shouldn’t be the top of their priority list, knowing how man came to be or the universe doesn’t give you salvation or a ticket into heaven. A Christians main priority is salvation. Not knowing every answe to the world and universe
According to research, 24% of Christians believe that the bible is the literal word of God as oppose to metaphorical. So that kind of makes you a minority Christian.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/210704/record-few-americans-believe-bible-literal-word-god.aspx

Your description of the purpose of a Christian further enhances why I couldn't be a Christian. I believe in the search for knowledge. Saying "knowing isn't important" is just a halt to the advancement of humanity. At least thats my personal stance.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to research, 24% of Christians believe that the bible is the literal word of God as oppose to metaphorical. So that kind of makes you a minority Christian.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/210704/record-few-americans-believe-bible-literal-word-god.aspx

Your description of the purpose of a Christian further enhances why I couldn't be a Christian. I believe in the search for knowledge. Saying "knowing isn't important" is just a halt to the advancement of humanity. At least thats my personal stance.
I never said knowledge isn’t important. My point is, how is knowing how the world started going to give you salvation? That was the question the German catholic priest made when he discovered the Big Bang theory.
Also that ain’t my description, that is literally what Christians are meant to strive for. Salvation.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahhh that explains it. You get your scientific knowledge from South Park.
Still a more accurate story than msm can produce lol. I don’t get why you got so offended lol. I thought it was only the gender studies you get offended about but it is also about how we came from retarded fish frogs who fkd a squirrel.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

The book of Revelation is certainly in that category... and it's a classic example of why there was an emphasis on studying the scripture regularly, not just reading it.. There is knowledge to be learned and God definitely didn't put us here to be spoon fed.. most people aren't reading even half decent translations of the Hebrew and Greek these days

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I mean, some of you guys have destroyed definitions of words in the name of progress. Yet are going crazy coz of a mention of retarded lizard fish monkeys? Also if you saw a human in the process of “evolving” maybe his speech will change to a whistle, maybe he’ll have a mutated wing on one side. You won’t ever think to yourself, wow what a retarded looking mutant?

I’ll leave it to Cartman to respond to Mr Garrison..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I never said knowledge isn’t important. My point is, how is knowing how the world started going to give you salvation? That was the question the German catholic priest made when he discovered the Big Bang theory.
Also that ain’t my description, that is literally what Christians are meant to strive for. Salvation.
Salvation only or can they strive for salvation but also attempt to learn how the Universe started?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still a more accurate story than msm can produce lol. I don’t get why you got so offended lol. I thought it was only the gender studies you get offended about but it is also about how we came from retarded fish frogs who fkd a squirrel.
You know I don't get offended by anything you say but nice strawman anyway.

I just found it funny that you actually think that's how evolution works.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Salvation only or can they strive for salvation but also attempt to learn how the Universe started?
Of course you can. But in that pursuit one may put Christ aside In striving for more knowledge of something that won’t get you into heaven. Again that’s Christianity of which you don’t believe in so don’t think I’m telling you that’s what you need to do you’re quite clearly a sodomite who needs to repent first. but yeah it’s like if you think telling God “I found out how the universe was created” will get you into heaven, then no. But again that’s the difference between living a secular life or theological life. Science and signal virtualing is your god my God is truth.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course you can. But in that pursuit one may put Christ aside In striving for more knowledge of something that won’t get you into heaven. Again that’s Christianity of which you don’t believe in so don’t think I’m telling you that’s what you need to do you’re quite clearly a sodomite who needs to repent first. but yeah it’s like if you think telling God “I found out how the universe was created” will get you into heaven, then no. But again that’s the difference between living a secular life or theological life. Science and signal virtualing is your god my God is truth.
You'll never enter Valhalla with that attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.