News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Latest I heard on Izzy is that he's exploring the possibility of playing for NY in the USA Rugby League. The whole SBW saga has opened up that opportunity for others to explore.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does it really matter if you believe or not? Just live and let live and don't force your views on anyone else. It really is that simple.
The best statement I have read my man..but you can add to that Jesus’ perfect commandment..love thy neighbour as thy love thyself.. As I have said many times before.. People may not believe that Jesus was the son God..but his message of love and respect is certainly worth believing in..

Last edited:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole problem with the hypothesis that good and morality can not exist without a God is that many who claim yo live on service to Him are complete and utter ***** who lack compassion and empathy.on the other hand, there are many decent/ good natured people out there and while many of them are religious, many live their lives completely independently of any form of dogmatic faith.
I totally agree that there are many that say I believe in God or I do this in the name of God but are as you call them terrible people.

In the book of Matthew chapter 7 Jesus more or less says many will stand on the day of judgement saying 'Lord I did this and that in your namec... And he will say 'depart from me I never knew you'.

There a many who claim to know God (I'm referring here to to th God of as revealed in Scripture) but don't . And you can tell them by their actions.

To get a more accurate understanding of any religion you look at their leader more then that religions followers, the reason for this is by studying the leader you can get a fairly clear understanding of a religions principles and direction through the understanding of the leaders thoughts / actions / etc.

Whereas followers generally will not present a clear image of a religions purpose due to individualality, interpretation, sincerety, motives, circumstance etc.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You say that, but the insincere nature of the answer's you gave to the above questions tell me your not open to exploring the reality of the the God of the bible, nor does it show that you can logically discuss with sincerety the claims of the Bible.

It's further evidence of man not only going out of their way to deny the existence of God and furthermore intentionally restrain from pursuit of knowledge of Him.

(My aim is not to be offensive here and that is certainly not my intention - my aim is to critique your answer in a polite but honest way - so please don't take this post as a hate act against you, I think your quite intelligent and enjoy hearing your opinions)
I completely get where you're coming from, but you have to realise that this isn't everyone's point of view. Your stance is that God is definitely 100% real so any shred of doubt is just silly. It makes it hard for you to see anyone else's stance.

My stance is merely that God may exist. That's not to say that he's likely to exist, that he's a possibility. But I still stand on the side that the literal God of the bible does not exist in my opinion. He may, but I don't believe he does.

Personally I think there's more chance of another God existing. A less literal version of the God of the bible, or a more abstract God. Or Gods.

Of course I'm not intended any disrespect to you or any Christians. Just giving my take on it all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
love thy neighbour as thy love thyself..
I'm sorry. This is totally inappropriate and I'm definitely a heathen for thinking it but.... You know exactly where my mind went.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally agree that there are many that say I believe in God or I do this in the name of God but are as you call them terrible people.

In the book of Matthew chapter 7 Jesus more or less says many will stand on the day of judgement saying 'Lord I did this and that in your namec... And he will say 'depart from me I never knew you'.

There a many who claim to know God (I'm referring here to to th God of as revealed in Scripture) but don't . And you can tell them by their actions.

To get a more accurate understanding of any religion you look at their leader more then that religions followers, the reason for this is by studying the leader you can get a fairly clear understanding of a religions principles and direction through the understanding of the leaders thoughts / actions / etc.

Whereas followers generally will not present a clear image of a religions purpose due to individualality, interpretation, sincerety, motives, circumstance etc.
Sounds like Nancy pelosi. Gets triggered someone asked if she hates trump and says I am catholic how dare you. Yet supports abortion, supports gay marriage supports tranny surgeries. People don’t get to pick and choose and still call themselves a Christian or a Catholic. If she believes gay sex is ok, gay marriage, abortion (murder of unborn babies) is all ok then she is not catholic, she should actuLly be excommunicated from the church.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I don’t exactly share your views on the nature of morality, but I respect your beliefs and your willingness to acknowledge that
A lot of bad things are done in the name of religion. I don’t discount the idea that these immoral actions are misappropriations..

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sounds like Nancy pelosi. Gets triggered someone asked if she hates trump and says I am catholic how dare you. Yet supports abortion, supports gay marriage supports tranny surgeries. People don’t get to pick and choose and still call themselves a Christian or a Catholic. If she believes gay sex is ok, gay marriage, abortion (murder of unborn babies) is all ok then she is not catholic, she should actuLly be excommunicated from the church.
It is better to err on the side of compassion than to wield your faith like a sword. Not that I’m a fan of Pelosi, but I mistrust her for different reasons.

Stop using your religion as an excuse to act like a dick.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is better to err on the side of compassion than to wield your faith like a sword. Not that I’m a fan of Pelosi, but I mistrust her for different reasons.

Stop using your religion as an excuse to act like a dick.
How am I acting like a dick? A Catholic isn’t a Catholic if they support gay marriage, abortion and the like. Its ironic coz she’s the one who used her religion to try and shut down the reporters question. Instead answering it like a normal person she had a bleeding spout and used her religion as a deflection.
See to a Catholic, showing compassion doesn’t mean accept what God has strictly said is mortal sins, compassion isn’t accepting what we know is wrong.
If you think someone is doin something wrong due to your beliefs you’ll call it out won’t you? Which you always do. I don’t think that doesn’t make you not compassionate, just delusional in your beliefs that’s all.
Compassion to evil is a one way ticket to hell, but that’s if you believe in fairy tales

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But, where do the calculators go? Silicon heaven of course...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do greeenies think it is ok to rock up to someone’s personal household and protest outside it? Fucking idiots. Rightfully we’re arrested including the greenie mp. Protest at public avenues and annoy people there, but once you rock up to someone’s home, you’re playing a very dangerous game my guys!!!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How am I acting like a dick? A Catholic isn’t a Catholic if they support gay marriage, abortion and the like. Its ironic coz she’s the one who used her religion to try and shut down the reporters question. Instead answering it like a normal person she had a bleeding spout and used her religion as a deflection.
See to a Catholic, showing compassion doesn’t mean accept what God has strictly said is mortal sins, compassion isn’t accepting what we know is wrong.
If you think someone is doin something wrong due to your beliefs you’ll call it out won’t you? Which you always do. I don’t think that doesn’t make you not compassionate, just delusional in your beliefs that’s all.
Compassion to evil is a one way ticket to hell, but that’s if you believe in fairy tales
There's a difference between supporting gay marriage and campaigning against gay marriage. I would think the Christian thing to do is to say "I don't support gay marriage but it's none of my business what others do as long as I don't have to marry them"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's a difference between supporting gay marriage and campaigning against gay marriage. I would think the Christian thing to do is to say "I don't support gay marriage but it's none of my business what others do as long as I don't have to marry them"
Yep, I think two men together is disgusting but the fucks it to me unless they try it on me. As long as they don't force it into Churches then who cares.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean? The Christian thing to do is to vote against what they know is an abomination. Not caring isn’t what Jesus taught my beautiful guy. Also that’s quite a non democratic way of getting your point across. A vote allowed people to vote against something. But the way you’re wording is it that people shouldn’t have a right to vote against gay marriage

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you mean? The Christian thing to do is to vote against what they know is an abomination. Not caring isn’t what Jesus taught my beautiful guy. Also that’s quite a non democratic way of getting your point across. A vote allowed people to vote against something. But the way you’re wording is it that people shouldn’t have a right to vote against gay marriage
Point being that voting against it is you pushing your belief on other people. It's like if we voted to ban religion in Australia. It would be disrespectful as everyone should be free to hold their own beliefs as long as it doesn't hinder the freedom of others.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Correction. The Christian thing to do is say "I don't support gay marriage, but I will pray for them."

Status
Not open for further replies.