Flog list

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Generation gap showing in this thread.. shows how unsettled the old boys get hate to say yeh those guys looked tough cause they could throw a few. These guys today would farkin Destroy those old guys if they were allowed to go on Ju Jitsu, boxing muscle mass, fark 70s and 80s I was there Buch fat old pricks didn't even train.
Yeah because Bradley Clyde, Steve Menzies, Jason Smith, Tonie Carroll, Morley, Gareth Ellis, Petero, Webcke, Asotasi, Price, Mason, Shrek etc would all have no chance of keeping up in the modern game or couldn't condition themselves to do so.. C'mon man.. Give them the credit they deserve.. Players were as fit back then than they are now as the game in the 90s-00's was end to end and physical plus there was more skill on display.

Now it's not physical and just end to end. So if anything players have it easier now as they only have to focus on endurance and speed and not endurance, speed and wrestle/physicality/worrying about fights or getting taken off the ball etc..

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair joe tapine is a flog anyway, always goes looking for it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is not restricted to footballers. The whole society these days show no respect. Recall Kennedy when he said “ask not what your country can do for me but what I can do for my country”? That sentiment is totally lost in the me now society that has developed.
It starts with our "leaders", the politicians, who have the protection of parliament to get in each others faces. That level of disrespect "trickles down" to the public.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched footy for 40 years and the level of disrespect floating around these days is amazing. The head pats, laughing and clapping in players faces and the latest, dragging an opposition player in for a try celebration. Getting to the point where it sh!ts me up the wall....

Per Ivan Cleary, "I don't see what the problem is." “Our team is young. I don’t think people see the niggle that comes from the opposition towards our team.” Yeah, blame the other team for your own bullshit.

The problem is no biff. Back in the day if you didn't show some respect, you were sent to the dentist.

As a thought exercise, though I'd try list who I thought were the biggest flogs I could think of.
Cody Walker, Latrine Mitchell, Jarred Croker, Jordan Rapana, Stephen Crichton, Jarome Luai are a good start.

Sure there is plenty I've missed (yeah I took some of the low hanging fruit there). Would be interesting after a good list is put together to put a poll up and find out who's the King....
Yup, if you could still line some smug prick up and put one on the beak there would be none of this

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Generation gap showing in this thread.. shows how unsettled the old boys get hate to say yeh those guys looked tough cause they could throw a few. These guys today would farkin Destroy those old guys if they were allowed to go on Ju Jitsu, boxing muscle mass, fark 70s and 80s I was there Buch fat old pricks didn't even train.
Yeah, the game was a lot dirtier in the 70’s and 80’s ...cheap shots etc. I’m sure these young fellas today could hold their own but the game doesn’t allow it anymore.. therefore they can only provoke with a push or shove. Maybe that’s why we now see bigger hits in tackles and far more concussions ...how else can you vent your aggression!?...

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what happens when blokes aren’t able to have one planted on their chin players get chirpy knowing there’s no consequences

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not true at all true old street fighters would get in close where big punches couldnt be thrown from a better reach and they did know how to wrestle but if all else failed they'd bite your ear or nose off and spit it in your fkn face young fuck heads have no idea

Malla

Reaction score
I have a solution Doogie.

If you don't like it, stop fucking watching. And enough of this generational talk bullshit, there's nothing wrong with shit talking and taunting on the field... if you don't like it, then what you need to do is simple...beat them on the scoreboard and they'll have nothing to taunt.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is no biff. Back in the day if you didn't show some respect, you were sent to the dentist.
I couldn’t agree more. Allowing players to self-regulate disrespect works wonders in baseball. You show somebody up, especially basking in your own glory, you get plonked the next time you bat. That’s why there is close to zero sledging in baseball.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Harden tf up! Mate when ur winning you deserve to give it to your opponent. It’s Penriths time now. Let them have their fun. Fuckin cry babies everywhere! Pussies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's a difference between talking shit and doing dirty stuff like Cody Walker by stepping on players legs, rubbing their face in the ground or pushing them after you score a try for no reason.. Shit talking is fine, all that other garbage isn't.

Again, if fighting were allowed these guys would be put in their place and you'd see less of it. It's easy to act tough, get away with grubby tactics and talk shit when there are no repercussions.

I miss the days where someone like Graham, McCracken, Gillespie, Folkes or Shrek would sort these bitches out with one punch and you'd never see it happen again. And if our players were carrying on like these clowns even if we were winning, I'd hate it too. I hate bad sportsmanship at any level..

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you non-binary?