Flog list

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Watched footy for 40 years and the level of disrespect floating around these days is amazing. The head pats, laughing and clapping in players faces and the latest, dragging an opposition player in for a try celebration. Getting to the point where it sh!ts me up the wall....

Per Ivan Cleary, "I don't see what the problem is." “Our team is young. I don’t think people see the niggle that comes from the opposition towards our team.” Yeah, blame the other team for your own bullshit.

The problem is no biff. Back in the day if you didn't show some respect, you were sent to the dentist.

As a thought exercise, though I'd try list who I thought were the biggest flogs I could think of.
Cody Walker, Latrine Mitchell, Jarred Croker, Jordan Rapana, Stephen Crichton, Jarome Luai are a good start.

Sure there is plenty I've missed (yeah I took some of the low hanging fruit there). Would be interesting after a good list is put together to put a poll up and find out who's the King....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watched footy for 40 years and the level of disrespect floating around these days is amazing. The head pats, laughing and clapping in players faces and the latest, dragging an opposition player in for a try celebration. Getting to the point where it sh!ts me up the wall....

Per Ivan Cleary, "I don't see what the problem is." “Our team is young. I don’t think people see the niggle that comes from the opposition towards our team.” Yeah, blame the other team for your own bullshit.

The problem is no biff. Back in the day if you didn't show some respect, you were sent to the dentist.

As a thought exercise, though I'd try list who I thought were the biggest flogs I could think of.
Cody Walker, Latrine Mitchell, Jarred Croker, Jordan Rapana, Stephen Crichton, Jarome Luai are a good start.

Sure there is plenty I've missed (yeah I took some of the low hanging fruit there). Would be interesting after a good list is put together to put a poll up and find out who's the King....
I stopped reading when I read Latrell in the list .... the guy is an absolute champion on and off the field.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have to say i didn't see that much in the Panthers thing?, their self confidence is high for sure but nothing in that i don't get the hate really at all.
A few players sure their grubs like Walker for one but their not rife throughout the league really.
Think Brady is right we're just jealous because we're down in the cellar atm and nitpicking other shit to deflect :laughing:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Biggest winners/competitors***

It's just jealousy and I'd love to have players like this in our team.
Maybe its because teams that aren't winning don't try this kind of crap. Agree that most of the list can really play - just show some respect to fellow professionals, play hard and park the bullshit.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster is a great player but I didnt like his actions to Ogden the other night.
The smaller guys do this nowadays because they know the big guys won't knock them out.
He wouldnt have gotten away with it in the 80s.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to say i didn't see that much in the Panthers thing?, their self confidence is high for sure but nothing in that i don't get the hate really at all.
A few players sure their grubs like Walker for one but their not rife throughout the league really.
Think Brady is right we're just jealous because we're down in the cellar atm and nitpicking other shit to deflect :laughing:
A lot of dogs fans were proud of Jackos sportsmanship the other season when that Tigpies player missed his shot. That would suggest plenty of us put at least some value on the respect players show to each other. As a fan who has considered Penriff to be the closest to a 2nd team that I have, some of the recent behaviour I've seen on field from a few of their players takes a bit of the gloss off, to put it mildly.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish raudonkis was still playing disrespect usually got a smack in the mouth the games for girls now

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who is Latrine Mitchell? Does Latrell have a sister?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah there is plenty of stuff I hate that wouldn't be going on if throwing a punch wasn't such a big offense now. Even in tackles it annoys the shit out of me that you frequently see some players use the tackled players head as a prop to stand up. I really hate players that flop late on a tackled player (I really wanted to see Chris Sandow get the shit belted out of him back when he was doing it 5 times a match). I actually think that despite being on the losing side so far this season Flanagan seems like he gives a bit of cheek.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think Ricky Stuart should be very proud of the way Joseph Tapine reacted there. If he had planted a fist in Crichton's face, he would have been suspended but no-one would have blamed him.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The problem is not restricted to footballers. The whole society these days show no respect. Recall Kennedy when he said “ask not what your country can do for me but what I can do for my country”? That sentiment is totally lost in the me now society that has developed.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

All due respect we had our own fair share of pests with Reynolds and Ennis top of the list

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great thread and I wish these pricks played in the 70's, 80's, 90's or even early 2000's when someone would have knocked their head off for their grubby tactics.

It is a huge problem in the sport and it will only get worse. What Chrichton did to Tapine was the most unsportsmanlike thing I've seen in ages and it's a problem with the last few generations where they can carry on like a lair when they score like they won the world cup and everyone condones them for it or if they show bad sportsmanship, no one does anything about it. It's as if they're never wrong and no one can tell them they're a dickhead or disrespectful.

The NRL should have suspended Chrichton for three weeks for starting a brawl and being so unsportsmanlike. That was far worse than any accidental crusher or high tackle. But they allow the grubs to get away with it and continue to set a bad example for the kids that doing that is okay, but standing up for your teammate and retaliating by beating the shit out of them isn't.

In summary, fuck the millennials, fuck the over sensitive woke movement and fuck spoilt brats who never get told no or given any boundaries and who all think they're influencers because they have a Facebook account. Fuck the softcocks who have to have everything diagnosed when there's nothing wrong.. Someone needs to knock some sense into all of them!!!

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generation gap showing in this thread.. shows how unsettled the old boys get hate to say yeh those guys looked tough cause they could throw a few. These guys today would farkin Destroy those old guys if they were allowed to go on Ju Jitsu, boxing muscle mass, fark 70s and 80s I was there Buch fat old pricks didn't even train.