Flanno is a fraud

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watched Ennis on Fox, and I agree with him.
We are delivering the ball to forwards who run straight at defenders, and focus on not dropping or passing the ball. It allows the opposition to bunch up their their outside backs for the one time Flanagan is able to get the ball - on the fifth tackle; and he is under pressure the instant he receives the pass.

Not Flanagan's fault. Get the bloody forwards out of the play.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worse kicking game than Mbye and Mbye doesn't have a kicking game.

Whenever there is space out wide he always drops it off to the inside runner, absolutely no vision on this kid.

Put in a decent grubber for a repeat set at the end of the game, need more of that and less catching and passing because the defence is doing their job and putting pressure on you.

Can't for the life of me believe that this kid trained with one of the best play makers and in play kickers ever.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do we always crumble in the second half we did that last year wtf is going on
Confidence. Players are trying, things aren't working...only natural to put your head down and see the score blow out.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the bloke a break , under a lot off pressure with the team we have.
I agree he’s got all the pressure put on him as the playmaker when the whole side don’t know what to do when they have the ball that kick though for their last try was atrocious next week will be 4 games straight without a point scored ..Barrett has his hands full this team needs some guidance

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
I said at the time we signed Flanno that the Chooks only let him go because they had other rookies who were better. He is limited to premeditated football, inside passes to flat footed forwards and block plays. However he's still better than Wakeham + Lewis and since we've signed him it's up to TB and the staff to coach him how to respond to the situation in front of him and communicate instinctively with the FB in attack.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said at the time we signed Flanno that the Chooks only let him go because they had other rookies who were better. He is limited to premeditated football, inside passes to flat footed forwards and block plays. However he's still better than Wakeham + Lewis and since we've signed him it's up to TB and the staff to coach him how to respond to the situation in front of him and communicate instinctively with the FB in attack.
All jokes aside, do you really think he is better than Princess?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Give the bloke a break , under a lot off pressure with the team we have.
What has he done to ease the pressure?

Apart from the first 15-20 mins of round 1, he has done fuck all.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na, 6 Mrs Flanagan.

Looks like you have been watching footy for 5 mins, bro
I’m not going to bother with a guy who calls himself assassin [emoji23] but if you think that halves can dominate behind a weak forward pack then so be it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m not going to bother with a guy who calls himself assassin [emoji23] but if you think that halves can dominate behind a weak forward pack then so be it
Because kmr07 is so heavy duty....

A real half could actually try to do his job, Flanno is exposed and can't save himself and he hasn't got his rooster superstars to Make him look like a FG half.

If you can't see that then I'm not going to bother with you either.

Have a good night.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see the game. Did our forwards make any meters for our halves?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reynolds does not have a running game and it's never been an issue for him, if he's had a running 6..
People expect Andrew John’s. He’s on a reported $300 000 a year. I think he’s actually value for money.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All jokes aside, do you really think he is better than Princess?
We've seen Princess in our team long enough to know he's not the answer.
re Flanno, he doesn't have the vision or natural skills of a great HB because he doesn't instinctively create opportunities or threaten the defence with his running game. A great HB does both - Mortimer for eg. If Flanno can't obtain those skills he needs to read up on Cooper Cronk and become a manufactured half if he wants to play NRL.
However he's all we got this year because we know Wakeham+Princess = another loss.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People expect Andrew John’s. He’s on a reported $300 000 a year. I think he’s actually value for money.
Agree 100%. People expect him to dominate games playing behind forwards like Napa, Waddell and Stimson ‍♂‍♂‍♂

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They actually did at times but service out of the ruck fucked us as always.
We're throwing one shot in attacking position a set and this kills it most times.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We've seen Princess in our team long enough to know he's not the answer.
re Flanno, he doesn't have the vision or natural skills of a great HB because he doesn't instinctively create opportunities or threaten the defence with his running game. A great HB does both - Mortimer for eg. If Flanno can't obtain those skills he needs to read up on Cooper Cronk and become a manufactured half if he wants to play NRL.
However he's all we got this year because we know Wakeham+Princess = another loss.
And Avo is a good year or 2 away from FG....

Reaction score
yeah some even cracked the 100m which was one good thing if you're looking for a positive. hetherington had some strong decent carries.
stimson and britt hindered the team bigtime, napa and wadell were inneffective and nothing doing, renouf was better, ogden was underwhelming, elliot was good but made silly errors at the worst times. still shyte, but better then last week

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What has he done to ease the pressure?

Apart from the first 15-20 mins of round 1, he has done fuck all.
To be fair he’s been behind a forward pack making fuck all metres kicking out of their own half not saying he’s special though I feel like this team just goes through the motions just happy to finish a set and get a kick away

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To be fair he’s been behind a forward pack making fuck all metres kicking out of their own half not saying he’s special though I feel like this team just goes through the motions just happy to finish a set and get a kick away
I know I can't stand him and was angry when we signed him, I'd still like to see how he would go with supporting Burts next year.

He is not a leader, just a side kick. He is like Robin to Batman, Batman doesn't need him but at least he has some sort of back up.