Flanno is a fraud

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
Nah, not proving you wrong because you’re right. The biggest problem I have with the club is that they replace like for like players without giving them time to become seasoned NRL players. Like Cogger was ten times better than Flanno. Scored some good individual tries taking the line on 10-15 meters out. Also had a good pass on him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah, not proving you wrong because you’re right. The biggest problem I have with the club is that they replace like for like players without giving them time to become seasoned NRL players. Like Cogger was ten times better than Flanno. Scored some good individual tries taking the line on 10-15 meters out. Also had a good pass on him.
Where did he end up at? Can't recall.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok , who takes his place ?
That's part of the problem, ALL our halves are fucking rubbish and not up to FG standard.

But he was brought here to do a job and he is hopeless.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Avo is a good year or 2 away from FG....
"King" Wally Lewis when asked how do he become such a geniuis at football he replied "Simple really. I count on the field where we have more players than the opposition and that's where I run to or pass the ball."

As painful as this season is my gut feeling on our miserable attack so far is that our players are too crap, slow, stupid and unfit to play in games the way they train under TB. They lack the skills and one off season is not enough to train to that level.
An analogy I would use would be tennis. In the juniors Sampras never beat Chang because he was not physically mature enough to master his complex game. Sampras had a huge game but it required a lot of athleticism, skill, risk and fitness to pull it off. Chang had a simple game based on running around a lot laterally on the baseline and supreme fitness.
When it came to the big stage of mens tennis the tide changed. By then Sampras was physically mature enough to blast 220km serves regularly and serve/volley consistently and win 14 majors. Chang never evolved and stuck to his defensive baseline game to win 1 major and Sampras overwhelmed him when they met on the big stage.
The years that Sampras trained in the juniors with little success to master his big game paid off in the end. The same can be said of Federer as it took him several years to get the better of the very limited (and overachieving) Hewitt.

It's time we abandon predictable block plays that go nowhere and coach the hooker, halves and FB to play the way Wally described above - I'm hoping this is what TB is doing but our players lack the skills to do so.
I have an opinion on how this should be done but it would take a thesis to explain in words so I'll leave it to TB and his staff.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he will go alright with Burton. Too much pressure on him at the moment when Lewis went down had no support. He went ok v Newcastle had no help from Avo in 3 games. Lost confidence can happen with young players hopefully Lewis next week can take some pressure off him & they can take control of one side of the field each.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
I dunno man what can he do mate hes got average footballers around him, the service from dummy half today was dog shit, even though topine looked great hes not a hooker, he was on the back foot with every kick no fucker runs good lines. Name me a current halfback that could succeed with the team we have. I think Lewis will be good for him he looked good down the left edge and I dare say we would have scored a couple down there if he played out the game, wouldn't have won it but might have broken the duck egg.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't see the game. Did our forwards make any meters for our halves?
Yes, and some quick okay the balls to work off.

Reactions: GDR

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He came through the ranks at the jets and roosters just doin what he can, the amount of pressure on the place don't help shit.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He goes alright...his confidence is shot

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently, there's two types of Bulldogs fan:
(1) Those who choose the Red Pill and can see Flano's shortcomings as a professional footballer;
(2) Those who choose the Blue Pill and are in mass denial and happy to blame other player on the team except Flano.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Losing Lewis cost us, imagine if he played the 80?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently, there's two types of Bulldogs fan:
(1) Those who choose the Red Pill and can see Flano's shortcomings as a professional footballer;
(2) Those who choose the Blue Pill and are in mass denial and happy to blame other player on the team except Flano.
You need a third type. Flanno has shortcomings but so do the rest of our team. Only a few of them would be in the starting 17 of any other club. Flanno is not the sole reason we're getting smashed every week.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's part of the problem, ALL our halves are fucking rubbish and not up to FG standard.

But he was brought here to do a job and he is hopeless.
Totally understand the frustration , personally i think he is going ok but i will pass judgement next year when he has a halfs partner which should take some pressure off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dunno man what can he do mate hes got average footballers around him, the service from dummy half today was dog shit, even though topine looked great hes not a hooker, he was on the back foot with every kick no fucker runs good lines. Name me a current halfback that could succeed with the team we have. I think Lewis will be good for him he looked good down the left edge and I dare say we would have scored a couple down there if he played out the game, wouldn't have won it but might have broken the duck egg.
Don't get me wrong bro, I don't expect to win or even get close to a win with the trash we have, but my point is that he was made to look better than he was and the club fell for it, even after they got fooled with Crapa.

Floppo is a side kick at best. He is not the answer to our long term halfback problem.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Totally understand the frustration , personally i think he is going ok but i will pass judgement next year when he has a halfs partner which should take some pressure off.
Yeah, agree. I mentioned before I don't like him and never rated him, but I also would like to see how he goes as Burts side kick.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Tolman left I was happy knowing I was going to see something different on the fourth, Flanagan comes in and 2 or 3 times a set I'm watching him dump it off, can we please BRING BACK TOLMAN! I MISS HIS 4TH TACKLE HIT UPS!!! HAHAHAHA