Flanagan to 7?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not, these are trial games aren’t they? Barrett is certainly acting like it.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
flanno and cook should be in. Not saying that flanno is the long term answer, but Wakehan and Averillo are not first graders

Any self-respecting club would have cut both Wakeham and JMK by now.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The solution is not to move our only competent fullback...and then we have to find a fullback.

People have to realise it is a 3 year plan.
Remember all the talk when the club signed JAC and how he was supposed to play fullback? Bring it on. He's falling asleep on the wing.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: .. and that my friend, just shows how much of a fucking joke and shambles this once great club is. And we thought des ball was bad.. at least he gave us an exciting attacking machine and 2 shots at the Gf.
Gotta laugh though. That's some seriously funny shit right there. :sweatsmile:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember all the talk when the club signed JAC and how he was supposed to play fullback? Bring it on. He's falling asleep on the wing.
JAC has played a grand total of wait for it ZERO games at fullback.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bringing in Flanagan won’t change much because it’s our problem is the attacking structure and JMK. I feel it’s going to be more of the same.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would much rather try dufty at 7, he seems to be playing eyes up more than the others, it would not hamper his ability to back up if needed, which is what I thought Avo would have done whe playing there. Just can't se Flanno backing up at all.
That’s the problem. Our half can’t play eyes up. First of all comes a rock solid plan for attack and then it needs to be implemented. We can move anyone to 7 and I’m not so sure we improve with the current structure.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is exactly the same problem Des had when he joined us in 2012. No halfback, a nearly passable 6 and a guy down on his confidence at 1. He invented the now famous Bulldogs creative forwards play. We had Eastwood, Frank the tank, Graham and Ennis. They created space for our outside runners by taking the line on and getting the pass away. Keating was the manufactured halfback. I can't specifically remember CK directing us around the park, but he had plenty of space as did Reynolds and Barba. So in the absence of a top line 7, we need the forwards to step up, then need someone who's reliable to execute the game plan. Flanno is the best credentialed halfback and hes a top class goalkicker and can kick to the right, Burton the left.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck Flanagan he’s a shit ****. Leave wakeham there and go find a halfback
Wont hurt to try him. Hes in the best form since we got him, and might have his confidence back. Sure that won't make him Cleary, but our options are averillo who isn't ready for 7 at fg level, and Wakeham who doesn't appear to have upside after all this time.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t think now is the time to try him. He is a confidence player and we play Penrith and south’s the next 2 weeks which will not go well
Barrett should get him ready for round 7 vs broncos let him keep building confidence in nsw cup till then.

What we need to do is stop changing our edges because it affects defence with new combinations every week

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why was it spoken about by the club when he signed?
It was dumb end of story. I'm all for getting a half or 5/8th but we shouldn't be moving our only fullback we have on the list in Duffty.