Flanagan to 7?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan isn't though, you guys just think he is because we haven't seen him for a while in the NRL. There was a reason (actually a lot of reasons) he got dropped last season and the big one was how he starved anyone else of quality ball. Go back and look at the stats if you don't remember, his possession stats were massive while Jake and Allan/DWZ were junk. He would never hit them, always turn it under for the forward and back up the next play with another aimless play. His kicking game wasn't even great, Jake kicked better then him. Like i said he needs to have massively overhauled his game if things are going to be any different but i still stick with my original thoughts and those are that Jake is the best fit within our system and how we've prepared, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks because the stats and performances back that up. The only change that needed to be made if we were sticking to this rabble of a system was fucking JMK off and getting anyone in that could pass a ball. Okunbor out too for obvious reasons,
Jake isn’t NRL standard right now, he needs to put on some muscle toughen up physically & mentally and spend some time in the centres in NSW Cup & reassess end of season. Doesn’t have or want the responsibility of playing in the spine,he’s only good at kicking the can.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jake isn’t NRL standard right now, he needs to put on some muscle toughen up physically & mentally and spend some time in the centres in NSW Cup & reassess end of season. Doesn’t have or want the responsibility of playing in the spine,he’s only good at kicking the can.
I agree he needed more time in reserve grade but he's still hands down our best option and it only going to take a couple more weeks for people to finally admit it. This is what happens with shit teams, the best young players are rushed through the grade and thrust into key positions without any support and it more often than not it does more harm than good. BBO is next but hopefully Gus earns his money and makes sure he drops down a grade and actually develops.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don't see the problem. Wakeham and Averillo were tried and both failed to impress.
If somethings not working you just don't persist with it.
The main thing is that Wakeham and Averillo did not improve one iota in their NRL games
and it's hard to imagine they will improve. Flanagan deserves a chance.
The other problem is the lack of defence in the centres. We need someone who can and will tackle.
Reece Hoffman has played a lot of centre in lower grades and is a good defender. Might be worth a go.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well considering our reserve grade team have been winning games and scoring points he’s gotta be doing something right. Good luck to the kid.
Everyone Baz touches turns to shit

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. JAC
7. Dufty.
I give it 3 weeks. Once these halfback trials end in tears the club will be pulling out all stops to try and create another one from within. It simply cannot sit by and do nothing. Gus simply won't have it.

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. JAC
7. Dufty.
I give it 3 weeks. Once these halfback trials end in tears the club will be pulling out all stops to try and create another one from within. It simply cannot sit by and do nothing. Gus simply won't have it.
That won’t happen- they’re already on the lookout- 2 possible candidates being sounded out

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still can't believe we picked Wakeham @ 7 and gave him 2 weeks...
I thought Wakeham done a decent job at halfback. There were other factors that we can attribute the 2 losses to, I don't think Wakeham was at fault. He played a halfbacks role, the 1st half against Storm could easily of gone our way on another day.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought Wakeham done a decent job at halfback. There were other factors that we can attribute the 2 losses to, I don't think Wakeham was at fault. He played a halfbacks role, the 1st half against Storm could easily of gone our way on another day.
He never should of been there is more the point

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he needed more time in reserve grade but he's still hands down our best option and it only going to take a couple more weeks for people to finally admit it. This is what happens with shit teams, the best young players are rushed through the grade and thrust into key positions without any support and it more often than not it does more harm than good. BBO is next but hopefully Gus earns his money and makes sure he drops down a grade and actually develops.
SPAM

unsubscribe

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno is rubbish
Our Football Club management & coaching staff are rubbish.
This is where scrutiny & criticism should be directed.

Address the butcher not the block.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Football Club management & coaching staff are rubbish.
This is where scrutiny & criticism should be directed.

Address the butcher not the block.
recruitment is worse aside from this season

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
recruitment is worse aside from this season
Your recruitment committee consists of coach, recruitment mgr, chair & or CEO GM of Football in our case at least. All either coaching staff or management- your point??????

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your recruitment committee consists of coach, recruitment mgr, chair & or CEO GM of Football in our case at least. All either coaching staff or management- your point??????
Just a couple aspects of junior development and recruitment but who deals with player agents for aspiring players, not sure if juniors have managers, I'm aware this is common in European soccer, who deals with that side?
Also who deals with scouts? European teams have scouting networks and academys far and wide, do we have a scout (s) monitoring, recording, tracking in NZ, NSW country, local leagues, QLD?

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope Flanno does a decent job. Obviously for his team but for himself not the coach. The kids been treated like shit....even at my club the Chooks. So hope his has a decent game for his own mental wellbeing.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Super league provides good footage and talent with professional departments and communication, we really should try loaning a player out and maybe gaining an experienced player or young lad from their league. Luke Thompson was quality when he arrived, contract value is a separate point

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a couple aspects of junior development and recruitment but who deals with player agents for aspiring players, not sure if juniors have managers, I'm aware this is common in European soccer, who deals with that side?
Also who deals with scouts? European teams have scouting networks and academys far and wide, do we have a scout (s) monitoring, recording, tracking in NZ, NSW country, local leagues, QLD?
Briefly
The Club has a pathways/junior development programme managed by David Hamilton & Craig Wilson.Peter Sharp is essentially our recruitment manager. Ultimately Gus (&JK)does the dealing & negotiating-he has a very good working relationship with most player managers & rival NRL Clubs.
The Bulldogs have a significant presence in Northern NSW & have recently forged a relationship with the Bundaberg/Wide Bay region. Hopefully these relationships will bear fruit in the next 3-5 years.

Last edited: